Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/16/12 to 9/22/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy throws in a $10 gift card with NBA Baller Beats and is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on used games. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is $39.99.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop is promoting a Top 100 under $10 Sale on PC downloads.

kmart.gif
Kmart offers a $15 gaming coupon with a Borderlands 2 purchase. Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis Open are $29.99 each.

icontarget.gif
Target discounts Just Dance 3 to $18, Just Dance Kids 2 to $14, and includes a $20 gift card with the Wii console bundle. All Call of Duty games are 20% off.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us is holding a buy 2, get 1 free on all under $20 games. Borderlands 2 comes with a $10 gift card, the Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect comes with a $25 gift card, and a 3DS or 3DS XL purchase nets a $20 gift card. Buy Kirby's Dream Collection, get a $20 or less Wii game for 50% off.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

:360: NBA Baller Beats + $10 gift card $59.99
:360: Xbox 360 250Gb + free Gamers Club Unlocked & 50% off 3 months XBL (with any 360 console purchase) $299.99
:360: Kinect Sensor $99.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game (ends 10/6)
iconbestbuy.gif
Buy 2 Get 3rd FREE on ALL Pre-Owned Games

:360::ps3::pc: Borderlands 2 + 15% off game guide with purchase + Limited Edition Art Print when you attend midnight opening to pick up the game $59.99

:wii::3ds: Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic Games $29.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

Valid until 9/18 unless otherwise noted

:360::ps3: Street Fighter x Tekken - $19.99
:360::ps3: Risen 2: Dark Waters - $49.99
:360::ps3: Spec Ops: The Line - $39.99 (New Low Price)

B2G1 Free Skylanders figures

Extra 30% trade-in credit when put towards Borderlands 2

:pc: Top 100 under $10 Sale http://www.impulsedriven.com/id/collection/top100.html (downloads)

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, JP73 - See post here

:ps3::360: Borderlands 2 $59.99 + $15 Gaming Coupon With Purchase
:360::ps3::wii::3ds: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99
:3ds: Mario Kart 7 $29.99
:3ds: Mario Tennis Open $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 3 - $18
:360::wii: Just Dance Kids 2 - $14
:wii: Wii Console Bundle with New Super Mario Bros. - $149.99+Free $20 Gift Card

:360::ps3::wii::ds::pc: All Call of Duty games - 20% off

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, detectiveconan16 - See post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy 2, get 1 free on all under $20 games

apple.png
iPod Touch 32GB + $50 gift card $299.99

:360: Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect + $25 gift card $299.99

:360::ps3: Borderlands 2 + $10 gift card $59.99

:3ds: 3DS or 3DS XL + $20 gift cardwith purchase of 3DS or 3DS XL

icontoysrus_r1.gif
25% off Skylanders Starter Pack when you reserve Skylander Giants Portal Owner Pack for $5

:wii: Buy Kirby's Anniversary Collection at $40, get 1 $20 or less Wii game for 1/2 off.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
MEEP kids Tablet $149.99
icontoysrus_r1.gif
30% off MEEP tablet accesories

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP73']I remember they had LA Noire with a $20 Coupon AND a free $20 game during launch week. One of the few games I've ever gotten day 1 because of that deal. When Arkham City came out they had a $30 Coupon and a free shirt

They still have the occasional good deal on a console, however. They have had the best deal deals on the Wii and 3DSXL this year that i have seen( $50 Coupon with Wii, $40 coupon with XL)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought LA Noire from Kmart on launch day. Probably the only game that I bought on day one that had a pre-order bonus at other retailers and I didn't pre-order.

It takes a great deal like that one to for me to give up on a pre-order bonus. I really hope somebody does a better deal on Wii and 3DS XL soon!

[quote name='Sway']
3501kqr.jpg

It's an art print in the ad, but in the link it's a poster. I guess it's interchangeable and I'm expecting something (much) smaller than 24" x 36".

Thanks for the early ad update, MidnightMetal.[/QUOTE]

When I was trading in games at Best Buy last week, they had these posters lying on the counter behind them. From what I saw they were quite large.

I plan on trying to get a copy from Kmart. Last year I bought about 10 games from there. I cashed out some of my credit card reward points for Kmart gift cards so it makes sense for me. If it wasn't for the gift cards I would probably pick up somewhere else.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Thanks Midnight Metal! Nothing for me though, still waiting for Lollipop Chainsaw + Prototype 2 to drop.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='GBAstar']Kmart is sinking... fast...
[/QUOTE]

Kmart has been sinking slowly the last 20 years. It didn't happen overnight. :D

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Thanks Midnight Metal! Nothing for me though, still waiting for Lollipop Chainsaw + Prototype 2 to drop.[/QUOTE]

Same with both. Thanks midnightmetal :applause:. Only week 23-29 & 30-6 are left.

I'm starting to think Best Buy is now trying to avoid sale and coupon stacking since we haven't had any good double deals in a couple months. Maybe the free Deadliest Warrior deal made them wise up a little. Hopefully I'm wrong as I'd like to get Prototype and ME3 for $10 or less also.

[quote name='kelo360']I feel like a gaming coupon for Kmart is worthless when you consider their poor selection of games, prices and customer service.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my local K-Mart seems to be getting rid of their games. The case is practically empty. It's like Madden and Arkham City and Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3, then some Wii games.

Kinda hoping the Kirby collection goes on sale somewhere...I'll probably wind up getting it anyway but anything less than 39.99 would be great. (in before someone responds to this with Amazon's 39.96 saying it's technically cheaper... :v )

[quote name='odd mr t']I'm starting to think Best Buy is now trying to avoid sale and coupon stacking since we haven't had any good double deals in a couple months. Maybe the free Deadliest Warrior deal made them wise up a little. Hopefully I'm wrong as I'd like to get Prototype and ME3 for $10 or less also.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Sooooo hoping for a cheap ass ME3. I've held off this long.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Borderlands 2 and Cabin in the Woods. It's going to be hard to focus on my MicroEco exam.[/QUOTE]

Right there with ya bro, expect for the exam part. ;)

My closest kmart which is like 45 minutes away just have all the games in a display case so you can just barely make out the names and sometimes they stack games even in front of those so you can't tell what the hell is in there. Plus the prices aren't on jack so you have to hunt down customer service to get a price check on something if you are just browsing. they do have about 20 random barcodes with names and prices stuck to the glass but it is always brand new stuff.
The selection of movies is even worse just random dvds everywhere and very few blurays. No prices on anything and they seem to put them where ever the hell they can fit them on the shelf.
I won't a 200 kmart/sears gift card and had trouble spending it. I ended up just buying 200 dollars worth of laundry detergent, shampoo, deodorant, body wash, and things like that.

I got excited when I saw the title because I thought PO was pre-ordered games which would have been a hell of a deal with the $20 credit for pre-orders. re6, ac3 and not sure what my last one would have been.

It's Geoffrey's (or is it Joff-rey's) Birthday sale and a lot of things are buy 2 get one free. However the only B2G1 deal for video games is:

$20 less priced games will be b2g1.

Other deals this week:
$300 32GB iPod Touch with $50 gift card

$300 Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect with $25 gift card

$10 Gift Card for Borderlands

$20 Gift Card with purchase of 3DS or 3DS XL

25% off Skylanders Starter Pack when you reserve Skylander Giants Portal Owner Pack for $5

Buy Kirby's Anniversary Collection at $40, get 1 $20 or less Wii game for 1/2 off.

$150 MEEP kids Tablet
30% MEEP tablet accesories

Thanks OP. Was hoping for a better deal on Borderlands 2 but oh well.

Is anything else required to get the GC for the 3DS or 3DS XL? The past two weeks you also had to buy NSMB 2 to get the $20 GC

im starting to regret buying the 3ds xl few weeks back from kmart when everyone else is having 20 off

yes a saved 40 but im not planing on opening it till oct or later meaning i just wasting the warranty

Any news if this is online or in-store only? I've been looking to pick up a few of the PS3 collections.

What's the chance the Kirby Anniversary Edition is going to be cheaper by Christmas? Not sure what to get my sister, and that would be pretty good I think.

[quote name='JStryke']What's the chance the Kirby Anniversary Edition is going to be cheaper by Christmas? Not sure what to get my sister, and that would be pretty good I think.[/QUOTE]

I hope so... given Nintendo actually went back and reprinted the Mario Collection, I'm guessing they printed plenty of copies for Kirby. I canceled my pre-order since I can't bring myself to pay $40 for it (even though it's a better collection than Mario's was).

:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 3 - $18
:wii: Wii Console Bundle with New Super Mario Bros. - $149.99+Free $20 Gift Card

:360::ps3::wii::ds::pc: All Call of Duty games - 20% off

That’s all the sales for this week =)

[quote name='MykonosFan']Kinda hoping the Kirby collection goes on sale somewhere...I'll probably wind up getting it anyway but anything less than 39.99 would be great. (in before someone responds to this with Amazon's 39.96 saying it's technically cheaper... :v )[/QUOTE]

If you have one in your area Fry's will have it for $29.99.

[quote name='vantheman']LOL @ ipod touch deal when the 5th gen is coming out soon, and the 4th gen is price dropping[/QUOTE]
that should cover the new ones shouldn't it?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

The Kirby Anniversary Collection + 1/2 off Pikmin 2 seems tempting, though I'd have to do it online since all the Toys R Us near me were wiped of the Pikmin 2 copies during a previous sale.

I'm hopeful for a Kirby price drop sometime in the near future, however, as with all the advertising and promotion Nintendo is doing for it, the print run has to be significant to keep stores stocked for some time.

So what happens if you get Kirby and 3 $20 games? One free and one for $10, or would the half off apply and then you just get that one free effectively making the Kirby deal pointless?

[quote name='litepink']:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 3 - $18

That’s all the sales for this week =)[/QUOTE]

wii needs to have 50 gift card and with WII U hitting nov 18 It would not shock me to see 50 buck Wiis day after thanksgiving.

[quote name='TheNamekianClown']So what happens if you get Kirby and 3 $20 games? One free and one for $10, or would the half off apply and then you just get that one free effectively making the Kirby deal pointless?[/QUOTE]

You would get the better deal which is the B2G1 unless you added another $20 game in which case you would get both deals satisfied.

[quote name='JP73']:ps3::360: Borderlands 2 $59.99 + $15 Gaming Coupon With Purchase

:360::ps3::wii::3ds: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:3ds: Mario Kart 7 $29.99

:3ds: Mario Tennis Open $29.99

Couple other things in the ad like a PS3, 3DS, and Kirby Collection, but all at MSRP[/QUOTE]

What about the PS3?

[quote name='JStryke']What's the chance the Kirby Anniversary Edition is going to be cheaper by Christmas? Not sure what to get my sister, and that would be pretty good I think.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Fry's near you, their online ad has it at $29.96.

[quote name='jigsaw918']not even advertising borderlands 2?! fail target, never bought a game from you, never will at this rate.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't report MSRP listings; I was always under the impression that people were annoyed by that. This is also why I put "that's it for the sales this week". Borderlands 2 is indeed in this week's ad.

Seems to cause confusion among people when I omit them. I see no point in stating the obvious, but I'll probably start listing these full price games anyways for complete clarity. I guess it's good for new releases --then everyone knows that there's no sale/offer.

bread's done
Back