Sunday & Monday - Borders Rewards - 40% off Blu-Rays, & DVD and CD Box Sets

Darthjer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's the e-mail coupon from this weekend for Borders Rewards members, but I figured it'd be worth noting in here too. 40% off CD & DVD Box Sets as well as all Blu-Rays. Limit of 2 per customer per category (CD Boxes, DVD Boxes & Blu-Ray Discs).

If you aren't a Borders Rewards member, keep in mind it's free to sign up and pays for itself the zeroeth time you use it.

The coupons are bar-coded and I think my friends usually have a different bar code than me, which makes me believe it's tied into your Rewards account. Otherwise I'd post my link for all to share.

Keep in mind that the 40% brings only some of the prices down to reasonable levels and sometimes even to good levels, but more often than not, you're still looking at prices that are higher than most other places. Know before you go, kids. (Cue NBC "The More You Know..." theme)

if anyone is wanting LOST season 4 on blu ray from borders, GO NOW! I just got back...

the sticker said it was $79.99... and my 40% off coupon should make it ring up at about $48.00 or so... I decided to go for it...

instead it rang up at $59.99... then she scanned my coupon & it took 40% off of that amount! I got lost season 4 blu ray for under $40.00 after tax!!!!!

Can anyone confirm if the coupon is tied to the account. I dont have a card, but someone posted the coupon on another site and i was wondering if i can print that, go get a rewards card, and use that coupon?

From my experience, it's never been tied to an account. There have been times when I used the coupon and then my mom or sister would use a different printout of the same coupon and there'd be no problems. I don't even think you have to be a Borders Rewards member to use it, but there really is no reason not to be (it's free to join like the OP said, you get money just for spending money there anyway (it's only like $5 for every $150 you spend, but it's still better than nothing), and you'll get coupons like this emailed directly to you, so you'll know about these deals as soon as they happen).

I just checked their Harry Potter Blu-Ray box sets and saw that they are priced 40% more than everyone else. I can't remember the last time I saw a store selling DVD's for the actual full retail price.

i checked out my borders and its really not worth it as most of these blu rays or boxed sets are marked at msrp. even if they do have % off stickers on them, the coupon cancels out these discounts (in fine print at bottom). hopefully you can be lucky like bearkiss.

Yeah, these coupons aren't really that great considering Borders' prices, but they can help you in certain situations. The best deal I ever used one on was getting Alias: the Complete Series for $120 a few years back. It was still brand new, and most places had only knocked it down about $40 or so, so I was able to get a pretty good discount on it. Of course, with places like Amazon discounting stuff as much as they do, deals like that have become pretty obsolete (though for the record, it would still be cheaper to get Alias from Borders right now using the coupon than it would be at Amazon).

so planet earth is 60 dollars marked down from 100 on amazon. and on borders it is 55 marked down from 79. does the 40% discount count on top of that?
CAGpixel.JPG

There's no guarantee that the price on the website will be the price in-store, and even if it is it most likely wouldn't stack (the coupon states that it can't be combined with sale pricing). Not only that, but even the prices listed as the MSRP on Borders website aren't the same as other places, so you can't exactly go by that to figure out the discount (in your case though, they only list the MSRP of Planet Earth as being off by a dollar).

You're mixing prices, so I'm not sure which version you want (the Amazon price you mentioned is for the blu-ray, while the Borders price is for the DVD), but the DVD would be cheaper with this coupon at Borders (about $48 vs, $60 at Amazon), while the blu-ray would be the same at both places ($60, though with no tax and free shipping, Amazon would probably be your best choice).

Thanks OP, most things really overpriced but got Band of Brothers BD for $54. Same price as Amazon but didn't have to wait for it (takes them awhile to send stuff up here).

Wouldn't be a bad deal if the prices were reasonable to begin with..... I get these emails like once a week from them and the deals do nothing but make me laugh. B1G1 free is the only good deal they have ever had.

I bit on The Dark Knight...$21.xx after the coupon. Since there are no steelbook editions on the Blu-ray edition here in America, I figured that price was the lowest it'll get for some time.

bread's done
Back