Sunday VG Ads 11/4-11/10 - CC VF5 (360) $40, COD4 (360) w/free COD3 and more

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
im typing on my iphone so its tough to type everything but i just saw newxt weeks cc sales and i see virtuafighter 5 for 360 is listed at 39.99

It a good thing i waited

Tomb raider anniversary for 360 is 30

Very excited and freaked out

CheapyD's Picks
Best Buy
:360:Save $20 when you buy COD4 and the Wireless Headset
:360:F.E.A.R Files w/$10 gift card $49.99

Circuit City
:360:Virtua Fighter 5 $39.99
:360:Call of Duty 4 w/Free Call of Duty 3 $59.99
:360:Tomb Raider Anniversary $29.99
:360:Timeshift w/$10 gift card $59.99
:360:Wireless Controller $39.99 (Black, White)
:pc:Gears of War $39.99

Target
:360::ps3:Call of Duty 4 w/$5 gift card $59.99

[quote name='jjz203']Is something happening on Tuesday that we don't know about?? Why can't anyone just find out Sunday when this ad goes into effect? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty 4 isn't out until Tuesday.

[quote name='KingofGames']Call of Duty 4 isn't out until Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
Ah, that would make sense. haha duh me. Sorry, I don't keep track of release dates on games I'm not looking for.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']im typing on my iphone so its tough to type everything but i just saw newxt weeks cc sales and i see virtuafighter 5 for 360 is listed at 39.99

It a good thing i waited

Tomb raider anniversary for 360 is 30

Very excited and freaked out[/quote]

Wow.. VF5 still $59.99 retail.. right? Nice to save $20.
Any other good deals?

I know Wii mario Sonic/COD4 PC all those good games is out next week..
please let me know so I can save the money for all.. :D

i purchased 2 copy of virtua fighter 5 at best buy yestreday and

already opened both of em. can i bring my reciept to best buy

next week and still price match with cc?

Just wondering... Is there any way EB Games can tell if I buy the game at Circuit City for $39.99 on sunday, and return it to Eb Games at the 59.99 price? I bought my copy yesterday because I couldn't wait and it is already opened. Do they know if that copy was purchased from another store if it is still in the shrinkwrap. $20 dollar savings is huge for just getting the game 4 days early. I think the only indictator is the sku number on the back, but Im guessing they are all the same. If I type in the UPC on the back of the game online, it comes up with multiple websites selling Virtua Fighter 5, which leads me to believe that the UPC's are all the same on all copies of the game. If you combine this with the $10 dollar BK coupon, its unbelievable savings!

[quote name='puertoricanpimpz']Just wondering... Is there any way EB Games can tell if I buy the game at Circuit City for $39.99 on sunday, and return it to Eb Games at the 59.99 price? I bought my copy yesterday because I couldn't wait and it is already opened. Do they know if that copy was purchased from another store if it is still in the shrinkwrap. $20 dollar savings is huge for just getting the game 4 days early. I think the only indictator is the sku number on the back, but Im guessing they are all the same.[/quote]

Only if the UPC is different and most times they'll still just hand key it.

I bought TH Project 8 at EB and had Gears of War CE preordered through Target.com since I was using my Target credit card for it. When my PO fell through I bought THP8 at Target which included an "exclusive" code to unlock Travis Barker, this version had a different UPC. I took it across the street to EB and exchanged it for Gears, it didn't scan so he just browsed through his computer for it and exchanged it for me.

[quote name='flowness']i purchased 2 copy of virtua fighter 5 at best buy yestreday and

next week and still price match with cc?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this, too.

This is what I'm going to try. If not, you can just re buy the game from Circuit City, peel off the price tag, and return the sealed copies to Best Buy. Which is what I plan on doing if they can't adjust it.

[quote name='chair_home']I would like to know this, too.

This is what I'm going to try. If not, you can just re buy the game from Circuit City, peel off the price tag, and return the sealed copies to Best Buy. Which is what I plan on doing if they can't adjust it.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can get the difference plus 10% back if you go back to BB with your reciept and the ad.

From BB.com:
"Store Price Guarantee
Two more great reasons to buy with confidence.

If you are about to make a purchase at a Best Buy store and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference, plus an additional 10% of that difference up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days for HDTVs purchased from 6/3/07 through 2/2/08).

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect."

Sweet, thanks man. I actually bought this from them with a 10% off coupon, so its nice to know I'll still get 10% off the price-matched price!

[quote name='chair_home']Sweet, thanks man. I actually bought this from them with a 10% off coupon, so its nice to know I'll still get 10% off the price-matched price![/quote]Actually, you won't. They'll use your starting price of $53.99 as the point to do the PM, not $59.99, as that was the price you paid for it. You'll get it for $53.99 - $15.40 ($14 difference + extra 10% on a PM), or $38.59 . Had you paid full price for it, you'd get it for $59.99 - $22.00, or $37.99 .

10% coupon usage with PM is YMMV, so if you get a bad/dumb/uncaring rep, you might get it for the additional 10%. Assuming they do nothing and let the register do the heavy lifting on it, you'll net it out for $38.59.

Hmm... Oh well. If I don't get it for 10% off the 39.99, I won't raise a fuss. I'm still saving $20 over what I originally paid. Thanks for clarification though.

Oh, man. I was putting off VF5 for CoD4 ... but now I need them both. DAMMIT!/Yay! Now to figure out some way to swap the free CoD3 (which I don't want) for CoD2 (which I do) ...

Buy COD4 & get COD3 Free. It's FREAKING KICKASS DEAL EVER :) I haven't got COD3 yet... I know my friend will get COD4 and hope he gimme COD3 "GOLD EDITION" :)

So if I pick up Virtua Fighter 5 and Tomb Raider at Best Buy tomorrow, I can go back and get it price matched with the Ad correct?

[quote name='chicagoz']Free CoD3 with CoD4 purchase....I may have to bite on that one. Thanks![/quote]

Haly freakin' crap, I thought I was done buying games this year after TRU buy two get one, but with the free COD3 with COD4 purchase and VF5 for $40, man... I gotta think about this. I want it... I can taste it. But I just spent $350 on games this year. :(

if you want to do the deal with the bk coupon, go get vf5 in cc TODAY, then bring it back on sunday to return/rebuy with bk coupon.
they can run out of vf5 in a hurry at that price on sunday

fuck n e one kno if TRU will pricematch VF5 cuz i bought 3 games at the b2g1
and was wondering if i can pricemtach it

What's the price on Call Of Duty 4? Probably MSRP, but Circuit City sometimes has pretty nice release week prices to go along with a free COD3.

[quote name='bobthecat23']fuck n e one kno if TRU will pricematch VF5 cuz i bought 3 games at the b2g1
and was wondering if i can pricemtach it[/quote]
TRU doesn't pricematch anymore.

[quote name='Trakan']TRU doesn't pricematch anymore.[/quote]

fuck oh well still got orange box for free so iguess its not THAT bad

[quote name='flowness']i purchased 2 copy of virtua fighter 5 at best buy yestreday and

next week and still price match with cc?[/quote]

yes if u bring them the flyer and the reciept

[quote name='chicagoz']Free CoD3 with CoD4 purchase....I may have to bite on that one. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ok, so I now have the CC add in my face and thies deals are true.

"buy COD4 & get COD3 free"

"plus free COD poster"

"free cod3 360 with purchase of COD4 360"

"minimum 5 per store"

?? does this mean I can buy online and pick it up at the store then get the deal applied to my pickup??

anybody try this on other items?

Sweet deal!! I will use the $15 off $100 coupon that arrived in the mail early this week and get CoD 4, CoD 3, Virtua Fighter 5, and a pack of Wrigley's Gum to complete the $100. THANKS!!!

[quote name='ICEPICC']Ok, so I now have the CC add in my face and thies deals are true.

"buy COD4 & get COD3 free"

"plus free COD poster"

"free cod3 360 with purchase of COD4 360"

"minimum 5 per store"

?? does this mean I can buy online and pick it up at the store then get the deal applied to my pickup??

anybody try this on other items?[/quote]

Damn. Doesn't sound like the deal applies to the PS3 version. :cry:

Scans please?

It doesnt seem like the deal is for the ps3 but I'll check tues. Also you can't do instore pick up for the games on CC website.

Sweet, I have a $10 off coupon for any 360 game 39.99 or more. I definetely using it to get COD4 and COD3 for 49.99 + tax!

[quote name='Halo05']Good god,

VF5 + COD4 + Tomb Raider Anniversary all at CC, all with decent deals in the same week?! This completely ruined my plans to give videogame buying a rest.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. And I just received a new Credit Card with a $1000 limit. It's like god's telling me I should be in debt :razz:

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Damn. Doesn't sound like the deal applies to the PS3 version. :cry:

Scans please?[/QUOTE]

Your tag says veteran but your post says noob.

No scans here. They get pulled and get people in trouble. Even text does sometimes...

[quote name='ighosty']If the COD4 with free COD3 is true i will have to cancel my preorder at GS.[/quote]

don't cancel it yet, make sure they have a copy of cod3 and 4 at CC first

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']PS3 version doesn't have online play, 360 does. (and it's VF5)

I may have to bite...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you have to pay for it, which isn't worth it for me, it probably can't work that great, and it's a moot point because IMO the 360's pad isn't up to that kind of precision that's needed in Virtua Fighter.

[quote name='bill123']...
Jericho(pc) 29.99 - save 10[/QUOTE]

Remember that Jericho is on Gametap, which is a whopping $5/month right now for a year.

[quote name='jorgeed']Sweet deal!! I will use the $15 off $100 coupon that arrived in the mail early this week and get CoD 4, CoD 3, Virtua Fighter 5, and a pack of Wrigley's Gum to complete the $100. THANKS!!![/quote]

I have a 15 off 100 coupon, also. I think I may do exactly what you are planning to do.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, but you have to pay for it, which isn't worth it for me, it probably can't work that great, and it's a moot point because IMO the 360's pad isn't up to that kind of precision that's needed in Virtua Fighter.[/QUOTE]
It's actually not that bad. I was playing it all night since picking it up yesterday afternoon and granted it's nowhere near the precision of a PS pad but it does work if you can get your thumb joint on the center of the dpad so there's less rotating unintentionally. I also tend to play more like a mini joystick. I rest the controller in my lap and sorta tap the left stick and press the P,K,G buttons with my index, middle, and ring finger. I've gotten up to 6th dan in expert mode in quest and played only a handful of matches online (not too many people on yet since the game was just released, but no lag or any hiccups, the online is perfect, what any online fighter should learn from) before going back to quest to unlock more items for my outfit. But TOTALLY worth the $40 if you're a VF fan and don't have the PS3 version already.

i dont kno if ima get it from Circuit City because i have the $10 giftcard BK coupons here, or i may just take ad to Best Buy & pricematch.

bread's done
Back