Sunday VG Ads 11/4-11/10 - CC VF5 (360) $40, COD4 (360) w/free COD3 and more

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
im typing on my iphone so its tough to type everything but i just saw newxt weeks cc sales and i see virtuafighter 5 for 360 is listed at 39.99

It a good thing i waited

Tomb raider anniversary for 360 is 30

Very excited and freaked out

CheapyD's Picks
Best Buy
:360:Save $20 when you buy COD4 and the Wireless Headset
:360:F.E.A.R Files w/$10 gift card $49.99

Circuit City
:360:Virtua Fighter 5 $39.99
:360:Call of Duty 4 w/Free Call of Duty 3 $59.99
:360:Tomb Raider Anniversary $29.99
:360:Timeshift w/$10 gift card $59.99
:360:Wireless Controller $39.99 (Black, White)
:pc:Gears of War $39.99

Target
:360::ps3:Call of Duty 4 w/$5 gift card $59.99

[quote name='cdeener']Well, there is one flaw in your plan good sir and that is COD 4 with free COD 3 is for Xbox 360 not for PS3 depending on how hard they look at the ad you might not be able to get it.[/quote]

Two flaws, the one you said and what the member above said.

I wonder if you can combine offers, i.e. PM COD4 w/COD3 at BB, but also get $20 off when getting a wireless headset? Worth a try, certainly!
That would be COD4 + COD3 + wireless headset = 100!

I wonder if all these CC deals will wind up online. I too live like 35 miles away from Circuit City and half the time the printed CC ads don't even show up in the Sunday paper which makes pricematching a pain or impossible.

[quote name='Halo05']I wonder if all these CC deals will wind up online. I too live like 35 miles away from Circuit City and half the time the printed CC ads don't even show up in the Sunday paper which makes pricematching a pain or impossible.[/quote]

The VF5 and Tomb Raider deals are online. I'm not sure about COD though.

I picked up VF5 yesterday, going back to get my adjustment. I'll go Tuesday and try to snag that COD4 + 3 deal. Even though I already have it almost paid off at EB, I can always use that credit to get Mario/Sonic or something.

So looking at the Best Buy ad, am I correct in concluding that you could buy either of the two PC versions of COD4 and get the free movie, or buy the X360 regular + movie box, but you seemingly can't get the movie with the X360 collector's edition?

[quote name='gamer4432']Is the Call of Duty 3 offer in-store only?[/QUOTE]

Thus far, yes. I'm going to check online on Tuesday and hope it shows up. If not, I have to balance the value of spending probably 7 bucks in gas vs. CoD3. I liked CoD2 but 3 didn't get such hot reviews.

The fact that Infinity Ward uses cod3.exe as the main executable for the PC version of CoD4 speaks volumes (although that was an earlier build, perhaps it's been renamed in the final version).

[quote name='gamer4432']Is the Call of Duty 3 offer in-store only?[/QUOTE]

The weekly add does not state "In Store Only"

so call them up and place your order online for COD4 ASAP!

Free CoD 3 with CoD 4? Thats pretty sweet, but I'm not interested in CoD 3 at all. Might be able to trade it in though. Still on the fence about CoD 4, not because of the quality of the game, but because there are so many other games I'm still playing (Orange Box, Halo 3, ect.)

A reminder: to everyone who already bought the game at Best Buy, ask for the 110% price difference!

If you paid $59.99 at BB, you'd get $22 back, making VF5 $37.99 at Best Buy. Here is the info from their site:

"Store Price Guarantee
Two more great reasons to buy with confidence.

If you are about to make a purchase at a Best Buy store and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference, plus an additional 10% of that difference up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days for HDTVs purchased from 6/3/07 through 2/2/08).

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect."

I just picked up VF5 at BestBuy. Circuit City didn't seem it important to actually have the game in their store. The BB in Nashua price matched it, though they didn't have it on the shelves.

Haha smackmyonion, it was the same at my store. None at CC so I went to BB, bought it, walked out and back in and to the CS counter to get my 110% though they DID NOT want to give it to me lol.

My CC had them in-stock according to their computer but no one knew where they were in the store so I was out of luck. :bomb:

I don't suppose Best Buy will PM the CC price on VF5 and also let me use the CC burger king $10 gift card coupon? Might be worth a shot anyway.

I ended up ordering Virtua Fighter online because my store did not have it in stock and I wanted to use a $10 Gift card I had.

[quote name='DomLando']I ended up ordering Virtua Fighter online because my store did not have it in stock and I wanted to use a $10 Gift card I had.[/quote]

I just got denied as I was submitting my online order. Twice in one day!

meh, today's deals kinda suck
was hoping CoD4 (PC) would get something free or be cheaper than GS/EB
looks like i might as well get it at gamestop with the 10% off coupon

might pick up Gears of War for PC MAYBE

[quote name='Ketsui']are all VF5 360 at CC online sold out????[/quote]
i guess so. i'm pissed off because i was one click away from ordering but i was still deciding on whether i wanted to or not, and when i decided that i wanted it, it says its out of stock. piece of fucking shit.

Man my circuitcity doesnt have anything in stock so whats is the damn idea of printing the add that says about the item if they dont have it :S

it's sundae and i feel that i'll be wasting my time by visting my local cc.

oh well, might as well try, be back in 30 mins

For anyone interested, Fry's will price match the CC ad, typically no questions asked. No CCs in my area had the game. Went to Fry's, showed them the ad, and it was done.

They'll be getting more copies of VF5 throughout the week right? The game just came out so it'd make a little sense that quantities would be a little low.

Virtua Fighter isn't even popular in the U.S., this may be due to the in dept curve of the battle system. I wouldn't be suprise to see it as 39.99 or even 29.99 soon as that price exists for the PS3 version at the local stores I've seen.

[quote name='CaoPi']Virtua Fighter isn't even popular in the U.S., this may be due to the in dept curve of the battle system. I wouldn't be suprise to see it as 39.99 or even 29.99 soon as that price exists for the PS3 version at the local stores I've seen.[/quote]

it was one of the main selling points of the genesis in the us, no?

I was wondering if BB can PM a CC ad that I printed off from their website? They are always anal about "photocopies" and "internet coupons"

[quote name='Foo228']it was one of the main selling points of the genesis in the us, no?[/QUOTE]

Maybe for the Saturn but still, the Saturn didn't do very well in the US.

I wonder what the chances are of CC having CoD 3 in stock. Do they regularly have copies in? Do they get a new shipment in especially for this promotion?

I would hate having it be, 'oh I'm sorry, we do not have any copies of CoD 3 in stock, so this promotion does not apply anymore. But now that you are here, and have wasted a trip, why not just buy CoD 4 here.'

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']I wonder what the chances are of CC having CoD 3 in stock. Do they regularly have copies in? Do they get a new shipment in especially for this promotion?

I would hate having it be, 'oh I'm sorry, we do not have any copies of CoD 3 in stock, so this promotion does not apply anymore. But now that you are here, and have wasted a trip, why not just buy CoD 4 here.'[/QUOTE]

Some1 in the thread said their CC just got a new gold shipment...

just got back from circuit city to price adjust vf5. used the bk coupon, got the game for a total of 29.99! also, the clerk told me that since i got cod3 already i can just bring the receipt back on tuesday and buy cod4 and i can get that adjusted to free as well. i usually never goto circuit city but these deals are great

Think this COD4 deal is running in incredibly, first come first served quantities? Also does CC do preorders that I should look into?

[quote name='CaptDS9E']Got VF5 price matched at BB with no problem .[/quote]

Ditto to that, and saw that Knocked Up on HD DVD which is normally 29.99 was only 19.99, so i bought that up since it was a lot better of a deal than even amazon.com

Used the BK coupon today and got VF5 for 40 and then a 10 dollar gift card. Pretty sweet deal! Thanks CAG.

Sweet. Pricematched at Best Buy for $39.99 plus 10% off the price...so I got this for $35.99 + tax. I guess the CSR misunderstood my asking for a 110% pricematch.

I just picked up a copy of CoD3 to ensure my free copy. When I go on Tuesday to get CoD4, I'll be sure to bring in my receipt and get it adjusted. They didn't have CoD3 Gold so I got the regular, but if they're giving out the gold ones, I'll take the gold one and return the regular.

Can I do the CC "Buy COD 4 and get COD3 free" thing at Best Buy?? I hate going to Circuit City never had any good experiences there, and I would rather go to BB for the rewardzone points (68 more and I get a gift card)

I almost got worried at Best Buy, they had VF and a bunch of other games in a case, I thought they were out of it.

But I just took it to the desk and the lady punched me in at 39.99 and tax. Sweet deal!

Now only if my Joystick will make it to me....

bread's done
Back