Sunday VG Ads 11/4-11/10 - CC VF5 (360) $40, COD4 (360) w/free COD3 and more

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
im typing on my iphone so its tough to type everything but i just saw newxt weeks cc sales and i see virtuafighter 5 for 360 is listed at 39.99

It a good thing i waited

Tomb raider anniversary for 360 is 30

Very excited and freaked out

CheapyD's Picks
Best Buy
:360:Save $20 when you buy COD4 and the Wireless Headset
:360:F.E.A.R Files w/$10 gift card $49.99

Circuit City
:360:Virtua Fighter 5 $39.99
:360:Call of Duty 4 w/Free Call of Duty 3 $59.99
:360:Tomb Raider Anniversary $29.99
:360:Timeshift w/$10 gift card $59.99
:360:Wireless Controller $39.99 (Black, White)
:pc:Gears of War $39.99

Target
:360::ps3:Call of Duty 4 w/$5 gift card $59.99

my CC gave me problems today. 1st i went and asked for the VF5 game. she gets on the headset and asks another rep, he is like "we didnt get shipment yet & it comes out on tues." i tell her its bogus because the game came out last week, i had to end up going to a rep on the floor and he spent like 5-10mins looking for me, and its in the x360 game section. then i go back to the same girl and she is like oh im sorry, and i cant use the coupon. then i state to her that after yall lied to me and said didnt even have the game, now i cant use the coupon. after her talkin to a manager she put it thru. but i look @ my receipt and it says...
VF5-$39.99
giftcard-$10
total purchase-$53.34.
i may just go to bestbuy, pricematch, get 10% extra off, and use my $5 coupon. CC is the worst.

[quote name='shadylane']so the cod 3/4 deal is only for 360? no ps3 love?[/quote]

yeah its only 360.

[quote name='jmillion']my CC gave me problems today. 1st i went and asked for the VF5 game. she gets on the headset and asks another rep, he is like "we didnt get shipment yet & it comes out on tues." i tell her its bogus because the game came out last week, i had to end up going to a rep on the floor and he spent like 5-10mins looking for me, and its in the x360 game section. then i go back to the same girl and she is like oh im sorry, and i cant use the coupon. then i state to her that after yall lied to me and said didnt even have the game, now i cant use the coupon. after her talkin to a manager she put it thru. but i look @ my receipt and it says...
VF5-$39.99
giftcard-$10
total purchase-$53.34.
i may just go to bestbuy, pricematch, get 10% extra off, and use my $5 coupon. CC is the worst.[/quote]
LMFAO how the hell did you not notice this when you checked out.

[quote name='jgon85']Can I do the CC "Buy COD 4 and get COD3 free" thing at Best Buy?? I hate going to Circuit City never had any good experiences there, and I would rather go to BB for the rewardzone points (68 more and I get a gift card)[/quote]

anyone?

Near impossible I would assume. CC probably wants to clear out CoD3 and is willing to take the $30 loss, but if BB matches that, they lose out on $30. Good luck putting it through.

[quote name='yamas']LMFAO how the hell did you not notice this when you checked out.[/quote]well i used my card, and i was on my lunch break. i didnt expect them to take so long. by then i was trying to rush back to work wasting time w/ them. im on my way to BB now.

Just got back from cc, the clerk had trouble scanning the coupon so she just manually adjusted the price to $29.99!! Also picked up cod 3 gold to price adjust on tues. I didn't see that many, so they might get a new shipment before tues. thanks cag and op!!!

God...now I'm worried about this CoD4 deal at CC...

I have classes from 10a-4p, so the earliest I can even stop into CC is like 4:30....what do you think the chances are of them having it?

I went to my local CC today and hid a couple of COD 3s. They only had a few so I found both the Gold and the regular edition and placed them elsewhere in the store for when I go back later this week.

picked up vf5 today, it was the laaast one. question for everyone though, mine says "vf5 online" on the cover, do they all say that?

[quote name='stewie75']picked up vf5 today, it was the laaast one. question for everyone though, mine says "vf5 online" on the cover, do they all say that?[/quote]
mine says that too

[quote name='aaa123']mine says that too[/quote]

I'm guessing its to advertise that the 360 version has online play over the ps3 version that doesnt.

[quote name='aznguyen316']anyone?[/quote]

No. Stores will match ads for on sale items, but they won't match "specials".

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It's worth it. I've snagged Live for $30 every year, and between demos and other free stuff I would gladly pay $30 every year. BTW there is *ZERO* lag in VF5, ok maybe lag every 20 or so matchs but It's hardly noticeable (usually a skip/jerk once in the match then it goes away). VF5 is the best online fighter ever thanks to Sega and the 360.[/QUOTE]

That's really awesome they got lag under control-I'm fairly impressed (although I guess it is broadband!)

Paying for online still isn't worth it for me though. I'd hardly ever use it, and don't like it in most games. For me the Playstation 3 model works a lot better, as at least I would get a chance to mess around with multiplayer modes.

And I also wouldn't buy VF (or any skill based fighter) on the 360 regardless, after how terribly Street Fighter 2 controlled. The SNES version is much, much better, which is pathetic. Heck, the GBA Street Fighter Alpha 3 is much much better, and that's missing half the buttons.

CC tried to give me gruff. VF 5 was on sale but luckly because it didn't show it as $20 off the people were clueless and pushed it through. Took them about 10 minutes though. It was like watching chimps slap on a computer. Then when they thought it was done, they had to do it some more. Gawd, I hate CC. They should work on making coupons and deals they can actually abide by without issue.

[quote name='kipz']Any idea if I can still get COD3 if I get the limited edition COD4?[/QUOTE]

yeah I would like to know this as well.

man I hope not all CC are running out of VF 5's..... because I didn't want to make two trips there..... I mean I'll just price match at worse senario. Wanted to pick up COD 4 there for that deal and pick both up tomarrow

Got the 2nd to last Call of Duty 3: Gold Edition at the Union Square CC in NYC so if you plan on shopping there, buy the last one in advance so you could return and rebuy tomorrow when Call of Duty 4 comes out. I didn't see any regular editions.

Think they'll be out of COD3s by 7:30? I can't pick it up till then and it'll be a hassle if they don't have it (because then I could have just gotten it at my nearby K-mart)

So will Circuit City end up substituting games if COD3 is out of stock? It will be pretty shitty if they don't have enough COD3s for the number of COD4s they order.

I grabbed (what seemed anyways) to be the last Virtua Fighter 5 at my local CC. I was able to combine the burger king coupon with it, using a photocopy of the burger king coupon no less =).

Also grabbed CoD3 ahead of time for the deal on 4. All in all its gonna be about $90+tax for CoD 3, CoD 4 and Virtua Figher 5. Not bad at all imo.

[quote name='JustinBbad']You can now order COD 4 online and get COD3 Gold edition with it...[/QUOTE]

Hooray for not having to drive 30ish miles each way! Boo to getting a late start levelling up.

Also, getting CoD3 with the PS3 version of CoD4 is a no go. I was undecided about which platform to go with until that bit of news. Perhaps CC is punishing Sony for having a fit about Speedy's ad postings.

[quote name='Halo05']Hooray for not having to drive 30ish miles each way! Boo to getting a late start levelling up.

Also, getting CoD3 with the PS3 version of CoD4 is a no go. I was undecided about which platform to go with until that bit of news. Perhaps CC is punishing Sony for having a fit about Speedy's ad postings.[/QUOTE]

It also looks like it's a no-go if you buy the Collector's Edition of COD4 for the 360.

I'm going to hit up my c city tommorrow, if they don't have it then I will probably order it online. Anyone know of any coupon for c city online?

Tried to do the CoD4 + CoD3 deal online at CC. CoD3 is out of stock; I went all the way through the order process, but noticed at the last second that CoD3 was removed from the order along the way and that CoD4 was back to 59.99. Is this deal no longer available online?

[quote name='Pylis']Tried to do the CoD4 + CoD3 deal online at CC. CoD3 is out of stock; I went all the way through the order process, but noticed at the last second that CoD3 was removed from the order along the way and that CoD4 was back to 59.99. Is this deal no longer available online?[/quote]

Same. :cry:

You can still order the games if they are backordered, but they just won't get shipped till there stock returns.

EDIT: Just called my local c city and they said they have 4 gold edition and 4 regular of COD3. Plus a friend works there, so I think i'm in the gold for this deal :)

Same thing here, looks like CC is looking to gip you if you don't notice. I guarantee there won't be a single copy of COD3 at any of their stores tomorrow.

You think a PM at BB/Meijer would fly? Can't remember how successful I have been on getting things for free, even though now I recall the BOGO on the MS points card flew at BB. Guess I will have to try

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Called Best Buy and they said that deals don't count as Price Match. As I thought the free CoD3 is a promotion not a price of a game.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. I got BB to give me Xmen for free when CC had a similar promotion at the beginning of the year. I also got them to do it a couple of weeks ago when CC ran the TH Project 8 promo.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I beg to differ. I got BB to give me Xmen for free when CC had a similar promotion at the beginning of the year. I also got them to do it a couple of weeks ago when CC ran the TH Project 8 promo.[/quote]

You just got lucky, rabid...

Yep you got lucky. BB rules do not entail buy something get something else free. It's only for prices and prices alone. Any promotional items do not count toward any price matching. You just got someone who didn't get.

Dammit, I just noticed that disappearing CoD3 crap too. Hmmm... I wonder what happens if you attempt to order the game(s) on the phone.

EDIT - So I cancelled my online preorder and called their 800 number. The lady there was confident that CoD3 will ship with 4 so... we'll see. If it doesn't work, I'll just return the game to CC and throw glitter all over the place.

Went to CC during my lunch break and did not find VF5 on the floor. I almost grabbed the last CoD3 (no golds left) from the shelf for tomorrow, but changed my mind as I really don't want that game, even as trade fodder it wouldn't be quite worth it to me. Anyway, grabbed a copy of the ad and went across the street to BB to PM. They went through the motions and called CC to see if it was in stock, but regardless they gave it to me with no problems.

Not sure when or how I'll get CoD4, but I think I can wait on it as there may be some special price in next week's ad or via online mail order soon. If not, I'll trade for it.

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but is the COD4 release at CC scheduled at 2PM or could I show up at opening and get the games then?

[quote name='Warlock TCK']I don't know if this has been answered yet, but is the COD4 release at CC scheduled at 2PM or could I show up at opening and get the games then?[/quote]

Probably depends on your local CC. I plan on calling mine tommorrow morning and checking the stock.

bread's done
Back