Super Bits At Best Buy

DocBledsoe

CAGiversary!
This maybe old news but I found the following superbits at a Houston Area Best Buy for 9.99

A Knight's Tale
Spiderman 1
MIB
XXX
Mask of Zorro
Heavy Metal
Vertical Limit
The Patriot

[quote name='mr ryles']whats a superbit?????[/QUOTE]
Zero or few special features, extra space is used to ensure high audio and visual quality. The title "super bit" meaning the movie will have a high bit rate. It's for people who have the uber nice theatre sound and video system and want the highest quality.

[quote name='jshendel']Yeah, no need to buy these unless you have an awesome entertainment system.[/QUOTE]

or at least plan to have one and not planning on gettin a next gen dvd player anytime soon

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']or at least plan to have one and not planning on gettin a next gen dvd player anytime soon[/QUOTE]
Or if the original release had no special features

Wait a sec, aren't you the guy that tried to secretly whore your girlfriend's website here to contribute to her "I need breast implants because I have low self-esteem" fund?

Yeah, fuck you dude.

[quote name='equest943']if you changed that "b" to a "t," I'd be there first thing in the morning.[/QUOTE]
You want to see Mel Gibson's tits? :whistle2:s

I wouldn't mind seeing Catherine Zeta's SuperTits ^^D. If that was the case, there would be no Mask of Zorro DVD to be found at any Best Buy.

According to a thread over at dvdtalk.com, this sale has been extended through the end of the year. Went down to BB yesterday and picked up Knight's Tale and Hook SB for 9.99 each. Interestingly enough, the lady checking me out told me that if I bought another movie, she'd give me a rewards membership for free. If I shopped there more often, I'd probably have taken her up on it.

Link: http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433059&page=21&pp=25

Sorry to bring such an old thread back, but I didn't want to start a new one. These superbits are still available for $9.99 at BB. These are pretty much as good as it gets as far as PQ/SQ. I just picked up like a dozen of them in preparation for my new Home Theatre with 50" Plasma and Athena Surround system. I know Blue-ray may be in the near future, but who knows how long that will be.

[quote name='hotwls13'] I know Blue-ray may be in the near future, but who knows how long that will be.[/QUOTE]

Few months. That's why I've stopped buying DVDs that aren't SD TV shows.

[quote name='equest943']if you changed that "b" to a "t," I'd be there first thing in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Supertibs?

[quote name='mkelehan']Few months. That's why I've stopped buying DVDs that aren't SD TV shows.[/QUOTE]

We're all looking forward to buying 24 again. ;)

Honestly, no one knows which format is going to win yet so why would you bother buying a unit that doesn't do both HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays? You know that they are in the pipeline and going to be way expensive. I don't think there's any reason to hold off on stuff. It could be a couple of years before things become afforable.

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']i do believe labrynth is on superbit dvd

good deal for 9.99[/QUOTE]Yeah I got that for $9.99 a little while ago. I'm pretty sure it has MUCH better sound than the original DVD release, and despite a few missing features it's a much better buy than the ridiculously overpriced collector's edition.

superbits have been around for years. theyre not wildly popular, and now is a bad time to jump on the band wagon since hd and blue ray dvds are right around the corner. ill be getting the ps3(if and when it launches) so ill be saving my cash for the next gen dvds. on a different note, the ps3 launch is awfully quiet for being a month away. does this scare anyone else. most places aren't even taking pre orders.

[quote name='thagoat']superbits have been around for years. theyre not wildly popular, and now is a bad time to jump on the band wagon since hd and blue ray dvds are right around the corner. ill be getting the ps3(if and when it launches) so ill be saving my cash for the next gen dvds. on a different note, the ps3 launch is awfully quiet for being a month away. does this scare anyone else. most places aren't even taking pre orders.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's because it's not coming out next month. ;)

[quote name='thagoat']superbits have been around for years. theyre not wildly popular, and now is a bad time to jump on the band wagon since hd and blue ray dvds are right around the corner. ill be getting the ps3(if and when it launches) so ill be saving my cash for the next gen dvds. on a different note, the ps3 launch is awfully quiet for being a month away. does this scare anyone else. most places aren't even taking pre orders.[/QUOTE]

It's quiet because its not coming out in a month. Sony has released a definitive date but speculation is it will be during this holdiay season. Plus, I believe it will be released in Japan first, then the hype machine will start rolling. As for Superbit DVD's, I was tempted on buying some but I hate how the DVD's are pretty stripped for extras and then I'd have to buy the DVD over again. I do like the deluxe versions like Snatch & the Mask of Zorro, if they made more of these than I would probably buy more SB instead of regular versions. I still see several SB's in my BB with the $10 price but they moved them out of their own spot back into the rest of the DVD's.

My BB has put them back into the mix with all the other DVD's. I prefer this though as they don't stand out too much. I am still looking for a few that I haven't got that I want. Namely Panic Room and Croutching Tiger.

I think panic room SB can be found at Wal Mart for like $5. I just haven't checked mine.

As far as the Blue-ray and HD-DVD, when they do come out they will be expensive! I like the fact that I can get the best PQ/SQ now for only $9.99.

I do agree though that it would have been nice to have more/better movies produced in SB, but I like having them as reference DVD's to show off my Home Theatre.

bread's done
Back