Super Bowl Pool: ATTN: SARAUSAGI please PM MGRIFF ASAP

Here's an idea that would allow us to do a 100x100 grid. Since we're going to have 25 people, each person could get 4 spots on the board. A pretty easy solution I think.

The problem I have with a 25x25 board is, like somebody mentioned, some squares are much more favorable (4,7). Anybody think that's a good idea?

Sent you a PM.

You guys think Katamari Damacy is a good enough game to throw up? I couldn't really think of anything else...

EDIT: But I'm definately in either way.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Here's an idea that would allow us to do a 100x100 grid. Since we're going to have 25 people, each person could get 4 spots on the board. A pretty easy solution I think.

The problem I have with a 25x25 board is, like somebody mentioned, some squares are much more favorable (4,7). Anybody think that's a good idea?[/quote]

Sounds ok with me. The 25 slot board would be fine also as long as the numbers are randomly picked. For example, 0 through 9 are put in a hat and numbers are picked for the horizontal row and vertical row. Pick a number out for the first spot, then second spot, and so on, and then snake back, so that everyone has their two possible numbers. Of course some people are going to have more favorable numbers, but they also will in the 100 block pool. It's all just the luck of the draw.

Either way is fine with me though...just happy to be part of the pool:D

briansraregames, I changed my mind again as to my pledge, lol

Just throw me down as Mario Kart DS -or- New Super Mario Bros.

Haven't decided yet. Thanks.

[quote name='maccabee72']Sounds ok with me. The 25 slot board would be fine also as long as the numbers are randomly picked. For example, 0 through 9 are put in a hat and numbers are picked for the horizontal row and vertical row. Pick a number out for the first spot, then second spot, and so on, and then snake back, so that everyone has their two possible numbers. Of course some people are going to have more favorable numbers, but they also will in the 100 block pool. It's all just the luck of the draw.

Either way is fine with me though...just happy to be part of the pool:D[/QUOTE]

I too would be fine with either, but I still think 100x100 would be better. Even if you do the numbers randomly on 25x25, it still leaves the possibility open to some very favorable spots. On a 100x100 board, some spots are obviously going to be more favorable, but not nearly as much as they could be in a 25x25 board.

Maybe we could leave it up for discussion or have a vote on it? We have plenty of time before the game (over a week)... but it's up to Brian... whatever he wants to do is fine.

[quote name='subsidon']shouldn't winners just keep their games?[/QUOTE]

I would say no, once a game is in the pool it should be available to be picked by any of the winners.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I would say no, once a game is in the pool it should be available to be picked by any of the winners.[/quote]

I concur, but winners can pick their own games if they don't want to give them up.

[quote name='Joystick76']I'm interested, how about SSX 3 for PS2 ?

Sorry, I don't have much I would be willing...[/quote]
Sorry, I don't think that's going to make the cut.

This list of games is pretty awesome. I am genuinely interested in acquiring about half the games, so go Bears, and go whatever numbers I end up getting!

[quote name='MillerTime2523']briansraregames, I changed my mind again as to my pledge, lol

Just throw me down as Mario Kart DS -or- New Super Mario Bros.

Haven't decided yet. Thanks.[/quote]
Quoting this in case you missed it.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Quoting this in case you missed it.[/quote]

Changed.

Also, I'll be away from the computer until 10 pm or so, I'll check my pm's when I get back.

I'm really excited to see how this turns out. That is a great list of games. They are all good enough for (at least) trade fodder if you don't own the system. If I am fortunate enough to get some though, I may have to (finally) pick up a PS2 and snag those awesome games.

Good luck to everyone!

EDIT - I am offering one of the winners to choose one of the following games as my entry -

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (Gamecube, no bongos included)
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
Lego Star Wars (Xbox)
Ninja Gaiden: Black (Xbox)

With the exception of Lego Star Wars, those games are all on par value-wise with the others, but hey, maybe somebody really wants it.

Sweet. Glad to see I made it in.

Just a thought, as no one seems to have brought this up, but I think the winners should give feedback for the packages they receive. This way, if someone decides to bow out of the pool and keep their game, we'll at least have some mark on their permanent record. Or, in the brighter alternative, people will receive a nice commendation for keeping their word.

You can count me in. If we had a lot of entries I thought it might be cool to do them for specific platforms. Probably too much work and too many entrants needed...

Good idea Brian, by the way.

If someone else wants to run another pool in another thread, go fo it! I really don't wat to be responsible for another one! You can copy the OP if you wish, just call your pool POOL #2 or something like that. Just PM me if you do start another because I'd like to pledge another game!

[quote name='BigHow']Sweet. Glad to see I made it in.

Just a thought, as no one seems to have brought this up, but I think the winners should give feedback for the packages they receive. This way, if someone decides to bow out of the pool and keep their game, we'll at least have some mark on their permanent record. Or, in the brighter alternative, people will receive a nice commendation for keeping their word.[/quote]

I definitely agree Bighow!

Now come on colts 28-13...or Bears 28-21...or anything with double 8 endings:lol: ....I like the 1 and 3 though with the possible mix of an 8:D

Looks like Sarausagi got the best draw by far! Out of the 40 superbowls played, she would have won 7 times for final score! That's four more than any other spots!

On a historical basis, this is how many times out of 40 your space has won:

7 Occurances - Sarausagi
3 Occurances - Matte, AJH2298, BRIANSRAREGAMES, DANDESCHAIN, SONICDESCENT
2 Occurances - H-Town Info, SONDERIAOM, BigHow, Jedi1979
1 Occurance - CRAVENFIEND, CSIDEGAMER, FLIPSIDE, CAPTMURPHY, ROBZILLA, TNOTE, MILLERTIME, MACCABEE, QPID, THESILENTSHADOW
0 Occurances - OuTrAgE, JAVERYH, SCHUERM76, MGRIFF, CROWBB

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

[quote name='briansraregames']Looks like Sarausagi got the best draw by far! Out of the 40 superbowls played, she would have won 7 times for final score! That's four more than any other spots!

On a historical basis, this is how many times out of 40 your space has won:

7 Occurances - Sarausagi
3 Occurances - Matte, AJH2298, BRIANSRAREGAMES, DANDESCHAIN, SONICDESCENT
2 Occurances - H-Town Info, SONDERIAOM, BigHow, Jedi1979
1 Occurance - CRAVENFIEND, CSIDEGAMER, FLIPSIDE, CAPTMURPHY, ROBZILLA, TNOTE, MILLERTIME, MACCABEE, QPID, THESILENTSHADOW
0 Occurances - OuTrAgE, JAVERYH, SCHUERM76, MGRIFF, CROWBB

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!![/QUOTE]

Wow, just wow!

Just watch the game will be a weird game where the other team doesn't score and the numbers are odd..

Here's hoping I get lucky though!

2 and 5 always ends up winning whenever I get good numbers. I'm looking for some one to score a safety to mess up my chances.

do people get feedback from this thing

and can i be in pool #2

Horay for stickies! I don't see any reason NOT to leave feedback for the people receiving the games, if anything just to say "Thanks"

I would think leaving feedback would work.

Hopefully no one decides to be an ass and not send out their game if they don't win.

bread's done
Back