Super Famicom Wii controllers

seems kind of pointless to me with the Classic Controller having the SNES d-pad and face button layout already. Works great for SNES games.

Like I said, a basement full of PS2 Neo Geo sticks and Saturn pads speaks volumes about my sickness. I ordered two and I don't even have a Wii yet. Oh well, here's hoping I get a chance to buy one on the cheap from Amazon on Thanksgiving.

I ordered one yesterday, but as a collector item. I don't bother with Virtual Console, but the Japanese Wii collector in me had to buy this!.

If it was a Club Nintendo give away here in America (which doesn't exist but should) I would be all over it but otherwise the classic controller will probably be enough for me. If it was wireless it would be a different story.

I hear you though about older controllers on newer systems. I'm quite pissed at myself for only buying 1 USB Saturn pad for my PC...that thing is amazing. I should have gotten them for the PS2 as well.

[quote name='jkam']I hear you though about older controllers on newer systems. I'm quite pissed at myself for only buying 1 USB Saturn pad for my PC...that thing is amazing. I should have gotten them for the PS2 as well.[/quote]

I got two of those for my PS2. They're what I use to play fighting games when Im too lazy to bust out the joysticks.

i love the classic controller. so this controller doesn't interest me. but if they were to sell the original nes controller, i would definitly want one. i've gotten use to using the the slanted buttons on the classic controller, but i still prefer the original.

Since it's only 19 bucks for the retroport adapter I probably won't bother with this (they also have an NES one which might be nice). My classic controller should arrive in the next couple days though, so I'll try that out before I buy either of the retroports. Too bad it's not a Famicom controller; I always thought those were way sexier than the NES controller, and I might actually be willing to spend 30 bucks for that. Maybe I'll pick one up on eBay... Do they use the same connection type as the NES controllers?

Oh, and I don't know if this is still in effect, but the coupon code CLASSICGAMING is supposed to give 10% off from that site.

Do we know how this thing connects to the Wii yet? I'd be interested if it connects to the Wii Remote like the Classic Controller... instead of the Gamecube controller port.

Over at Kotaku people were saying that it plugs into the bottom of the Wii Remote just like the classic controller does. I don't know how they know but for what it's worth, that's pretty much how I imagined it working from the start.

so did anyone get one yet? does it feel as good? The color of the bezel in the pictures makes it look lighter than the more beige classic super famicom controllers. Has anyone got one to compare?

NCSX has said that they won't receive them until the end of April. Which is pretty much right now. Hopefully we'll hear something this week.

Perfect Shot isn't impossible, just takes some lookin'.
These, however, do require a good ass raping from eBay.

Sorry :(

I might have to get this. I just dug some of my old Master System and SNES stuff out of storage and it was really hard for me to resist the urge to drag home two boxes of every controller ever made just because I have such fond tactile memories of them all.

blitz6speed - If you have Fred Meyer, check there for Perfect Shot - every time I've been in one they have at least 50 of them.

[quote name='UncleBob']Sorry to bump an old thread like this, but has *anyone* received their order from NCXS yet?[/QUOTE]

No, I actually emailed them about the preorders and the problem they ran into was that Nintendo has prevented vendors from redeeming mass quantities of Club Nintendo points in order to purchase dozens and dozens of these controllers for sale. What makes the situation more frustrating is that, last I checked, they were available all over eBay.

At the moment, I still have my preorder for two of them hanging around at NCSX but every day my resolve weakens and I'm tempted to order one off eBay. However, I know that as soon as I do that, NCSX will manage to get ahold of them at a lower price.

Sorry about not updating this post earlier. I honestly forgot that I had made it.

[quote name='Halo05']No, I actually emailed them about the preorders and the problem they ran into was that Nintendo has prevented vendors from redeeming mass quantities of Club Nintendo points in order to purchase dozens and dozens of these controllers for sale. What makes the situation more frustrating is that, last I checked, they were available all over eBay.

At the moment, I still have my preorder for two of them hanging around at NCSX but every day my resolve weakens and I'm tempted to order one off eBay. However, I know that as soon as I do that, NCSX will manage to get ahold of them at a lower price.

Sorry about not updating this post earlier. I honestly forgot that I had made it.[/QUOTE]

'tis okay. You'd think NCSX would do a better job updating us on what's going on with our pre-orders.
All well, guess I'll just remember this the next time I'm tempted to order from them. ;)

bread's done
Back