Super Mario All Stars Reprint Preorder

I completely forgot to pick the game up the first time around. But I am not paying gamestop the extra $5 for this game.

[quote name='retro.elite']I completely forgot to pick the game up the first time around. But I am not paying gamestop the extra $5 for this game.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, same reason I never got it from them when it was selling out everywhere. If Best Buy gets it then I may pick it up seeing as I got $40 credit there; I don't feel right spending my "physical" money on this shameless collection.

People who want this are lucky. Nintendo never reprinted Metroid Prime Trilogy from what I heard.

Unless you REALLY want a collector's item, I wouldn't bother with this. The bonus CD is a joke, the artbook is decent but fairly small, and the game is a straight port of the SNES game. I played it once and it's now collecting dust on my shelf.

I would sell it now but it looks like it's going to be worth something eventually.

No need to pre-order. On the 13th, just walk into any store that sells video games other than EB/Gamestop and pick it up for $5 less.

Personally I preordered about a week ago and Ive been told at every EB to preorder otherwise I would not get a copy. Shipment should be limited.

[quote name='Opopanax']So wait, it's coming out on a sunday?[/QUOTE]

Most Nintendo first-party release dates are on Sundays.

I managed to snag one the first time when someone at HMV didn't pick up their hold. I refused to pay EB the extra $5.

This is good for people who missed out on it, I guess $5 more is better than some of the prices I've seen it go on ebay for. But still, it shouldn't be $5 more to begin with. =/

[quote name='Winnopeg']Is that new artwork for the reprint?[/QUOTE]

That's just the cover of the actual disc case, is it not?

[quote name='TronB']I managed to snag one the first time when someone at HMV didn't pick up their hold. I refused to pay EB the extra $5.

This is good for people who missed out on it, I guess $5 more is better than some of the prices I've seen it go on ebay for. But still, it shouldn't be $5 more to begin with. =/
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, ha. I missed out, because I already have the games that are on that disc. It's merely a collector's item in my eyes. Not sure if I wanna try getting it this time around, like someone may have mentioned it's a reprint of a port that's meant to be limited - I don't like it when gaming companies fuck with people like this, especially as you said it's been going for alot on Ebay, I mean, near the $70-$100 mark the last I saw.

[quote name='VetraX']Pretty much, ha. I missed out, because I already have the games that are on that disc. It's merely a collector's item in my eyes. Not sure if I wanna try getting it this time around, like someone may have mentioned it's a reprint of a port that's meant to be limited - I don't like it when gaming companies fuck with people like this, especially as you said it's been going for alot on Ebay, I mean, near the $70-$100 mark the last I saw.[/QUOTE]

They hadn't said how limited it was to be; I don't think they expected to sell out so quickly. The title was available in Japan for a period of several months and had steady sales over the entire period.

bread's done
Back