Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eastx']Let's all get this straight. The virtual console versions are the NES versions. Super Mario All Stars contains the SNES versions of each game, with enhanced graphics, audio, and save features added for each game. They are much better (IMO) than the original versions, though some people dig the old music more than the remixes.

NES Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3

Super Mario All Stars
smb2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I totally know what you're saying and I know that the updated version will be MUCH better. My problem with this/Nintendo is that this should be released on the Virtual Console for $10 - $15 at most. All they add is a booklet/soundtrack to make you buy it retail?

That isn't right it all. Combine that with it not being an American company and there's no way I'll support it. I bought a Nintendo Wii and the thing has been nothing but a disappointment. Hardly any great games for it and the best games are on Virtual Console. Now they want us to pay $30 for this old game? I just want the game and not these booklets, this is an absolute insult.

These old remake games for Wii should be $20 at most. I'd like this on the VC rather than them being so cheap about it's 25th Anniversary. Try coming out with some better NEW games. That's why I can't understand people jumping all over it.

Who cares? I'd rather buy it on a disc than virtual console any day.

And if the price isn't right, don't buy it.

Nintendo isn't in business to price it at whatever you or anyone else wants it at. They price it at what they think it will sell at. And based on the response in this thread, it's gonna sell well. Well done nintendo.

I think the people "poo poo-ing" this collection are just reacting to those posting things like "There's no reason not to get this!" and other assorted comments.

I would gladly purchase a book about Mario with an accompanying soundtrack from Nintendo, that is all great. However, releasing All-Stars by itself is just pure laziness, and they are able to get away with it because people will buy it. SMW, Yoshi's Island, and even Mario 64 would all fit on the disc, not to mention the two Gameboy games. Hell, there is a version of All-Stars with SMW already on it!

I am not trying to trash anyone's purchase, just pointing out that this isn't really the end-all-be-all. If you don't have the All-Stars version of these games, enjoy! They are great versions, although you can get the SNES cart for much cheaper.

[quote name='io']Ooh, nice... I was going to preorder from Amazon but then I remember I have those $10 coupons from GS and this sort of thing is perfect. Since this is a new item, there are no other promos that apply (like CAG16, etc, which negates the use of a coupon), and $29.99 is enough for free shipping at GS.com but low enough that the $10 coupon makes for a significant savings.

Now if Kmart comes along and offers a coupon with purchase, then that throws everything off ;). But I'm sort of counting on this not being available there or not having a great offer ($10 at best). I need to use those GS coupons and my otherwise useless GS credit anyway.[/QUOTE]

Dude.....that was the most well written post I've read in here in a while.

I thorougly enjoyed it, I'm reading it again as soon as I get done typing.

Things like this makes it worth getting out of bed every day. Man, I hope kmart has the metroid trilogy collection cause I'm going to use my $20 coupon on that $50 badboy if they do.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Dude.....that was the most well written post I've read in here in a while.

I thorougly enjoyed it, I'm reading it again as soon as I get done typing.[/QUOTE]

lol, looks like someone didn't forget to take their smarta** pill of the day :)

[quote name='ps2emotions']lol, looks like someone didn't forget to take their smarta** pill of the day :)[/QUOTE]

Nah man, I'm for real.

Anybody been able to actually use a gamestop online credit off of this?.. cause I just tried 2 seperate and different promo codes and nothing works. Don't understand is it because it's a pre-order. (I always have issues with these damn gamestop codes after the first one I got and was able to redeem easily)

The enhanced graphics were enhanced from the NES to the SNES for the original collection. They have not been further enhanced from the SNES version of All-Stars.

Oh...I guess I failed to read:

"Each game features the enhanced graphics and updated sound from the Super NES™ Super Mario All-Stars collection"

I stopped at enhanced graphics :lol:

[quote name='ninja dog']featuring depth of field, object motion blur, a nice brown filter, and online multiplayer deathmatch coop leaderboard twitter cloudsaves.[/QUOTE]

No achievements = no buy.

I'll pick this up for sure. Only picked up the first one on the virtual console, and these are great games to play with your kids.

I think I have one of those $10 GS coupons too.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh...I guess I failed to read:

"Each game features the enhanced graphics and updated sound from the Super NES™ Super Mario All-Stars collection"

I stopped at enhanced graphics :lol:[/QUOTE]

Never played Super Mario All stars?

Thanks OP. For once, your full price deal actually sounds like a deal to me.
An LE for a Mario game doesn't happen that often in a lifetime. I would gladly pay $20 just for the soundtrack.
In for 2.

Is anybody else disgusted that this doesn't include Super Mario World like the SNES version did? I mean... here we are, 3 console generations later, and Nintendo is going to give us LESS of a version than what they did more than 15 years ago? Would it have killed Nintendo to include Super Mario World 1 and maybe Yoshi's Island?

Pass.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I hate hate hate cheapassgamer......I love you cheapassgamer.[/QUOTE]

This is funnier if I read it in a drunk voice.

Gah, I can't resist Super Mario All Stars. I miss having a copy of that game.

the regular standard american edition of all-stars didn't come with world.. Although you're not the only person I've seen mention that theirs had world included. I wonder what the difference was?

[quote name='pishowda']the regular standard american edition of all-stars didn't come with world.. Although you're not the only person I've seen mention that theirs had world included. I wonder what the difference was?[/QUOTE]
There were two US versions: the retail All-Stars, and the SNES pack-in All-Stars with SMW.

[quote name='patches48']Is anybody else disgusted that this doesn't include Super Mario World like the SNES version did? I mean... here we are, 3 console generations later, and Nintendo is going to give us LESS of a version than what they did more than 15 years ago? Would it have killed Nintendo to include Super Mario World 1 and maybe Yoshi's Island?

Pass.[/QUOTE]
You're probably disgusted because you're wrong

Super Mario All Stars came with Super Mario 1, Lost Levels, Super Mario 2, and Super Mario 3

Now there was also a version that added Super Mario World but that only came packaged with the console.

So yeah, this is the same exact package and games sold on the SNES, no we're not getting less, yes you were wrong

You can now feel less disgusted

My son turns 7 in December, so this is a great gift. His friends love talking and playing Mario. He will go ape shit over this. :lol:

[quote name='Guerrilla']There were two US versions: the retail All-Stars, and the SNES pack-in All-Stars with SMW.[/QUOTE]

Aah I see. My SNES came w/ Yoshi's Island 2 :/

I was thinking earlier how I'd love to see a collection of Mario games similar to what SEGA did a few years back with the "Sonic Mega Collection Plus."

I'd love to play games like Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Land 2, Super Mario Land 3, and Mario RPG again.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You're probably disgusted because you're wrong

Super Mario All Stars came with Super Mario 1, Lost Levels, Super Mario 2, and Super Mario 3

Now there was also a version that added Super Mario World but that only came packaged with the console.

So yeah, this is the same exact package and games sold on the SNES, no we're not getting less, yes you were wrong

You can now feel less disgusted[/QUOTE]

Oh daaang, lol you're right!!! Maan, it's been so long, just playing all the Mario games on all stars, and then switching to World, I guess I forgot that it was on a separate cartridge. My bad! +1 intrawebs to you sir!

But still isn't it cheaper to buy these separately on the Virtual console? Well whatever, Super Meat Boy fulfills my platforming needs at the moment.

[quote name='patches48']
But still isn't it cheaper to buy these separately on the Virtual console? [/QUOTE]

would love to know this

[quote name='patches48']Oh daaang, lol you're right!!! Maan, it's been so long, just playing all the Mario games on all stars, and then switching to World, I guess I forgot that it was on a separate cartridge. My bad! +1 intrawebs to you sir!

But still isn't it cheaper to buy these separately on the Virtual console? Well whatever, Super Meat Boy fulfills my platforming needs at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Well Super Mario 1, 2, and 3 are each 5 and Lost Levels is an import so it's 6 bucks so 21 for the lot on the Virtual Console

BUT

These are given better visuals and sound so really you can kind of make an argument to own both, the originals and the revisions

[quote name='jbuck138']Anyone have information on the soundtrack? How many tracks or tracklisting?[/QUOTE]

Answer:

The CD included is a standard music disc so it’ll play in anything that can play music CD’s (funnily enough there is a warning saying it won’t play on the Wii). The first 10 tracks are all the ’title’ tracks from every Mario game including all the NES Mario’s the SNES, N64, GameCube and the three Mario games on the Wii. However there are 10 more tracks on the disk which are just 8-bit samples of the sound effects from Super Mario Bros. The audio of the disk is crisp sounding but I can’t help feel disappointed with the disk. The tracks aren’t anything we haven’t heard before but then again the whole collection apart from the booklet is just that.
http://www.vooks.net/article-1416-Super-Mario-AllStars--25th-Anniversary-Edition-Review.html

Sweet, I think I'll finally use my $10 Gamestop code that I got when I bought 3D Dot Game Heroes (which was only $22.50 itself hehe). $19.99 is just the right price for a top-tier Wii game.

And my thought on Virtual Console... I would *NEVER* buy a game off Virtual Console, because you're not buying the game, you're only buying a one-time rental of the game for as long as that particular Wii console lasts. It can't be transferred to a new Wii when it breaks, unless you can convince Nintendo to do it for you, but good luck with that. Simply put, I DO NOT RENT GAMES, and VC is a "lifetime-of-this-console-only" rental.

Besides, I like the SNES enhanced versions of the games better anyways... ;)

[quote name='ZForce915']Do want...but, how many damn times do they want us to buy the same damn game over and over?

Super Mario Bros:
NES
SNES (All stars)
GBA
Virtual Console

This will be the fifth time they sold us this game.[/QUOTE]

Given that I own Sonic 2 on approx. 6 different systems already, I think making Mario almost match that only seems fair.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']

And my thought on Virtual Console... I would *NEVER* buy a game off Virtual Console, because you're not buying the game, you're only buying a one-time rental of the game for as long as that particular Wii console lasts. It can't be transferred to a new Wii when it breaks, unless you can convince Nintendo to do it for you, but good luck with that. Simply put, I DO NOT RENT GAMES, and VC is a "lifetime-of-this-console-only" rental.

[/QUOTE]
All of that is 100% wrong

You own the titles as long as you own Nintendo hardware, now the rights management is screwed up that if you buy another Wii you need to send both over and have them transferred but besides that it's a buy once own forever sort of thing.

Also since all of the Wii games are tied to your account if the console dies and is sent to Nintendo the new one will be able to download all your games you purchased.

It's nowhere near perfect but it's still there, also with the way that rights management is going between the DSi and the 3DS I expect the Wii to follow

I almost want to buy this just for the bonus stuff, I dont even have a Wii, I'll probably buy one eventually

[quote name='gregnied']I almost want to buy this just for the bonus stuff, I dont even have a Wii, I'll probably buy one eventually[/QUOTE]

Pre-order a Red Wii along with this, you won't regret it.

[quote name='pishowda']would love to know this[/QUOTE]Seeing how these versions aren't offered on the VC, there isn't any pricing data. However, if you were to purchase the original famicom versions from the VC, you'd spend 21 dollars.

Or one could argue that a single SNES game (Super Mario All-Stars) costs 8 bucks.

However, I pre-ordered a copy and I'm not complaining. Once a week I dig out my Zelda Collector's Disc for the GameCube and get a warm fuzzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back