Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']amazon has sent me a few things using some random delivery company. It's just a normal clothed person delivering packages out of a dodge caravan. The first time they pulled up I was wondering who the hell it was. My wife thinks the delivery people are shady...[/QUOTE]

We get those too. I hate that sometimes the guy will fling the thing on my doorstep and jump back in his car without even having the courtesy to ring my doorbell and let me know it's here. Literally tosses it from a couple feet away (doesn't want to bother going up three steps?) and drives away. Bleh.

Wow... I thought all of the lightship comments was sarcastic for those of us complaining about waiting. I did have a package delivered by "Prestige" through Amazon, but wasn't home to see if it was a shady person or a delivery truck.

[quote name='spacebooger']Wow... I thought all of the lightship comments was sarcastic for those of us complaining about waiting. I did have a package delivered by "Prestige" through Amazon, but wasn't home to see if it was a shady person or a delivery truck.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='spacebooger']Wow... I thought all of the lightship comments was sarcastic for those of us complaining about waiting. I did have a package delivered by "Prestige" through Amazon, but wasn't home to see if it was a shady person or a delivery truck.[/QUOTE]

Was there a sign on the truck that said "FREE CANDY!" ?

[quote name='Mr.collection']Just got back with my copy from Kmart, $10 coupon is valid 12/19-1/29

Reply to earlier, I work at TRU[/QUOTE]

can you show me where it is? i can't find it anywhere ><

thanks

EDIT: nvm, found it. have to go in store and get it :p

[quote name='chuckywang']This game has disappeared from Amazon and Gamestop .... why?[/QUOTE]

Because it is a limited edition game? Good thing I placed my order on time :D

[quote name='gordojones88']I just bought all 8 copies they had at my Walmart.

.[/QUOTE]

o rly? Was that necessary? lol

D: D: wow at it disappearing all over gamestop and etc. , i didn't pre order lol fuck, will go check my sears/toys r us and best buy in the morning.

I love the fact that there are a large number of people who think they are going to retire or something off of selling a few copies of this hugely mass produced game. It's quite entertaining.

[quote name='secretvampire']I love the fact that there are a large number of people who think they are going to retire or something off of selling a few copies of this hugely mass produced game. It's quite entertaining.[/QUOTE]

brb flipping 8 copies and buying a retirement home in hawaii

[quote name='Gamer SDP']same thing here, though mine shows up as Madden. also I had three orders (one for me, collection, and gift) but two were canceled for some reason. I had used codes on both too. The order had old games listed but showed up correctly once canceled. This is very shady of Gamestop...even worse the two codes I used don't work anymore (one I know what the code is the other is among 4 others, all used already) :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that has something to do with it? I used a code on it as well, and was told that it should not have worked on the preorder.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']brb flipping 8 copies and buying a retirement home in hawaii[/QUOTE]

i'm going to my walmart to buy a few and hopefully I can flip a few to retire in florida

The game hasn't even officially released yet, geez, calm down.

Oops, forgot about the East Coast people who are storming the 24 hour stores at 12:01 AM.

Just played through Worlds 1-4 of the original Super Mario Bros. Let me say, this game looks pretty darn good on my HDTV via component cables. I mean, it's still SNES graphics, but it's nice.

One bonus - the game displays in the original 4:3 - even though it's set up on widescreen. Unlike the stupid Virtual Console that stretches things out unless you go in and change the settings every time...

Oh, another bonus - this game doesn't come in one of those stupid Eco-Cases. Which, of course, makes absolutely no sense, since the game ships with a nice, outer box that would provide adequate protection during shipping.

[quote name='UncleBob']
Oh, another bonus - this game doesn't come in one of those stupid Eco-Cases. Which, of course, makes absolutely no sense, since the game ships with a nice, outer box that would provide adequate protection during shipping.[/QUOTE]

Don't give them any excuses to use EcoBoxes, those things suck. I hate seeing my artwork getting squished or moved around because someone is slightly careless with the case and puts any amount of pressure over the holes. Or finding the last copy of a game in store that at whatever time in its life got mashed up through the ecobox crap. (again, usually the cover art getting mashed)

Ugh, I despise ecoboxes. :p

[quote name='mythus']gamestop replaced my oct 28 preorder with a gift card. these guys are fing morons.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I rarely buy anything from Gamestop. They overprice everything and not worth it.

[quote name='UncleBob']Just played through Worlds 1-4 of the original Super Mario Bros. Let me say, this game looks pretty darn good on my HDTV via component cables. I mean, it's still SNES graphics, but it's nice.

One bonus - the game displays in the original 4:3 - even though it's set up on widescreen. Unlike the stupid Virtual Console that stretches things out unless you go in and change the settings every time...

Oh, another bonus - this game doesn't come in one of those stupid Eco-Cases. Which, of course, makes absolutely no sense, since the game ships with a nice, outer box that would provide adequate protection during shipping.[/QUOTE]

So you got yours from walmart?

It would be amazing if they had super mario world as an unlockable or something.

[quote name='Justin42']Don't give them any excuses to use EcoBoxes, those things suck. I hate seeing my artwork getting squished or moved around because someone is slightly careless with the case and puts any amount of pressure over the holes. Or finding the last copy of a game in store that at whatever time in its life got mashed up through the ecobox crap. (again, usually the cover art getting mashed)

Ugh, I despise ecoboxes. :p[/QUOTE]
Amen.

[quote name='UncleBob']

Kotakus unboxing shows that the collectors edition bonus case (the red one) is an eco-case. I guess they felt that was warranted.

[quote name='mgford11']Kotakus unboxing shows that the collectors edition bonus case (the red one) is an eco-case. I guess they felt that was warranted.[/QUOTE]

Really? Hadn't opened up the bonus disc yet. Oh, well - I've still got two extra NSMB cases from a Hollywood Video that closed. :D I wonder why one's in an Eco-Case and one isn't.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']So you got yours from walmart?[/QUOTE]

Of course. :D

[quote name='Justin42']Don't give them any excuses to use EcoBoxes, those things suck. I hate seeing my artwork getting squished or moved around because someone is slightly careless with the case and puts any amount of pressure over the holes. Or finding the last copy of a game in store that at whatever time in its life got mashed up through the ecobox crap. (again, usually the cover art getting mashed)

Ugh, I despise ecoboxes. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not a fan of them either (in fact, picked up about 40 Wii game cases from Hollywood Video when they were going out). I'm just saying, in this case, it wouldn't be so bad to have used an Eco-case. Yet, they didn't. Which makes no sense. Also, it doesn't make sense that they used to cases, when they could have used a dual-disc case.

[quote name='ackbar7']Yeah, because fuck the environment when it makes my videogame case marginally less pretty.[/QUOTE]

We've been through this all before. Nintendo (and others) could have used the thinner material of the Eco-cases, made them slim-line and the size of DVD jewel cases, put a small insert in with instructions on loading the disc/health & safety warnings, stored the manual on the game disc, then used less plastic, less paper, cut down on the weight *and* volume (~6 games in the same volume as 2) all while not putting giant holes in the spots that are supposed to protect the disc.

[quote name='ackbar7']Yeah, because fuck the environment when it makes my videogame case marginally less pretty.[/QUOTE]
The computer you are using now will be in a garbage heap many, many years before any of my games, and there's a heck of a lot more mass to it than the tiny reduction in plastic that all of my eco cases save. If you are dumb enough to think that these companies give half a crap about the environment, bummer for you. I'm certainly not dumb enough to think YOU actually care about it.

[quote name='UncleBob']...all while not putting giant holes in the spots that are supposed to protect the disc.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Stupid times ten when the entire purpose of the package is gone. They might as well stick the disc in a paper bag. ...Though THAT would actually be eco friendly.

[quote name='UncleBob']Really? Hadn't opened up the bonus disc yet. Oh, well - I've still got two extra NSMB cases from a Hollywood Video that closed. :D I wonder why one's in an Eco-Case and one isn't.
[/QUOTE]

Yup, watch when he takes out the Art book, it's an eco case. No big deal honestly, this is just a heads up for people. (happens @ 1m40s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng3DEM6fJCs&t=1m30s

[quote name='UncleBob']
One bonus - the game displays in the original 4:3 - even though it's set up on widescreen. Unlike the stupid Virtual Console that stretches things out unless you go in and change the settings every time...[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that the VC stretched things out on an HDTV. I had an old 27" Sony when I first got my Wii, but now I have a new HDTV and a new Wii (had to sell the original though I didn't want to -- long story). Good to know that I can just boot this up and not worry about the aspect with this.

So why's everyone trying to get their hands on this game? Because it's limited and hopefully someone will pay triple for it before Christmas?

It's just the original games exactly as they looked on the original 8-bit NES, right?

Does it at least have saves? Some of those games take too long to beat. :)

[quote name='Indiana Jones']So why's everyone trying to get their hands on this game? Because it's limited and hopefully someone will pay triple for it before Christmas?

It's just the original games exactly as they looked on the original 8-bit NES, right?

Does it at least have saves? Some of those games take too long to beat. :)[/QUOTE]

From what I read.
The VC games are the 8bit ones. And the ones included in this is the 16bit/SNES remakes.

I got out of work at midnight last night, so I decided to head over to walmart to pick it up after. There weren't any copies in the case, but the cashier said there had been some out earlier in the week and that they were gone now. If I had known they were breaking street date, I would have picked it up days ago. At least now I don't have to worry how limited it is.

[quote name='Drclaw411']GameStop selling it again...and they raised the price of it. Oh.[/QUOTE]

Stop fear mongering people -- Gamestop has never had it for more than $29.99.

just went to best buy, the only had 8 copies on the floor, 4 behind counter on reserve. had them look in rss and all stores that popped up had less than 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back