Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked the overnight shift, came home, changed, headed to walmart. They had 2 copies left. I grabbed one. Interestingly, my sister went at midnight to try and get me a copy, they said they didn't have any. Apparently whoever worked overnight decided it would be too much work to walk the 30 feet to get the box from the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']

Anyway, i'm glad I got a copy. I didn't want to go to GameStop and pay their stupid raised price for it.[/QUOTE]

What is your f'ing problem? Stop spreading lies just because you hate gamestop. GS is selling it for $29.99 just like everyone else.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Is that so?

http://216.39.86.47/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=307031

I'm not a math wiz, but if i'm not mistaking, $34.99 does not equate to $29.99. Before you want to call me a "fear monger", how about you first confirm that you know what you talk about, you royal turd.[/QUOTE]

That's the gametop CA site you stupid bastard. And I like how you hid the domain name behind the IP address. Nice trolling asshole.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=87690

[quote name='confoosious']What is your f'ing problem? Stop spreading lies just because you hate gamestop. GS is selling it for $29.99 just like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I actually like gamestop (mainly because I love their B2G1 sales and i love cag16), unlike most people on this website.

Secondly...

I JUST got done posting a link to gamestop.com, telling off another cag who called me a liar. Dear sweet mongolain ass. Instead of calling me a liar, how about going to gamestop.com and checking for yourself? Sorry, but I don't like being called a liar for no apparent reason.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=87690

[quote name='Drclaw411']First of all, I actually like gamestop (mainly because I love their B2G1 sales), unlike most people on this website.

Secondly...

I JUST got done posting a linke to gamestop.com, telling off another cag who called me a liar. Dear sweet mongolain ass. Instead of calling me a liar, you royal anus, how about going to gamestop.com and checking for yourself? Sorry, but I don't like being called a liar for no apparent reason.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=87690[/QUOTE]
Your first link shows $34.99 and your second link shows $29.99????

[quote name='Drclaw411']First of all, I actually like gamestop (mainly because I love their B2G1 sales and i love cag16), unlike most people on this website.

Secondly...

I JUST got done posting a link to gamestop.com, telling off another cag who called me a liar. Dear sweet mongolain ass. Instead of calling me a liar, how about going to gamestop.com and checking for yourself? Sorry, but I don't like being called a liar for no apparent reason.

Your link there shows $29.99. No idea what you are going on about.

Also antectodal evidence, but I just called both of my Gamestops; both ONLY got in enough copies to cover pre-orders, and one of the stores said people had already been calling (neither store is open yet). Hm.

[quote name='confoosious']What is your f'ing problem? Stop spreading lies just because you hate gamestop. GS is selling it for $29.99 just like everyone else.

That's the gametop CA site you stupid bastard. And I like how you hid the domain name behind the IP address. Nice trolling asshole.

I didn't hide shit. I'm sorry I posted the CA website, but it was an honest mistake. I found that website by googling for the game. Now, I appologize for the mistake, it certainly wasn't intended. But the sites look identical and when I clicked it and saw that, I didn't think to look at what country it was from. I just assumed. And I didn't "hid the domain behind the ip". To be quite honest, I don't even know how to do that.

If you want further proof, I just responded to another post about this same issue and linke to the American site, only to find out it was $29.99 again. I at that point thought it was an error and was changed back. I only found out about the CA site when I saw your post.

So I didn't troll, and i'm very sorry I posted the wrong website. It was an honest mistake, and I'm sorry I barked at you. I thought you were attacking me for no reason.

But you didn't need to call me a troll or start your flame attack. It could have happened to anybody. My gracious. And by the way, I am not a "stupid bastard", you fucking arrogant prick.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Your link there shows $29.99. No idea what you are going on about.[/QUOTE]

Misunderstanding. I'm sorry.

Bought one on GS.com 2 hours ago .. sold out now heh.

I'll look for another copy or two around town I guess. It's a small area around here but there's 4 gamestops, a best buy ... small one though, target, two walmarts, blockbuster, sears, sams club, and a couple small gaming stores within 10 miles. I'm sure I'll find another heh.

(flames deleted)

Anyway....

I've only seen one dude (taccord) say that you get the $25 gift card with 2 copies of SMAS. Can Anyone else confirm? Would love to save $25. (effectively)

[quote name='confoosious']How the hell do you get your panties all in a bunch about gamestop and go/link to the site via the IP address? Wouldn't you just type in gamestop.com? Either you're really dumb or trolling. Since you claim you're not trolling, I take back calling you an asshole.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. I take back my attacks at you as well. Basically what happend was I googled for the gamestop page of the game, i do that sometimes just to avoid going to their homepage and searching. For whatever reason, that IP site was one on the list on the search results. I clicked that one specifically because of the strange URL as I was curious about it. When the website loaded, I didn't think anyting of it, and I didn't think it was a different country's site since the sites are identical and $34.99 is a semi-common price for some wii and ds games. Thats all that happened.

[quote name='gordojones88']I just bought all 8 copies they had at my Walmart.

.[/QUOTE]

barfwang.gif

Best Buy has at least 15 / store - Kmart only got a couple / store and since they opened they sold out. Best bet, go to best buy.

[quote name='confoosious']
I've only seen one dude (taccord) say that you get the $25 gift card with 2 copies of SMAS. Can Anyone else confirm? Would love to save $25. (effectively)[/QUOTE]

IDK man, but I'm kicking myself or not attempting that better deal (but partly b/c I had $15 RZ certs and wanted to use my BB CC to charge the rest) and getting it at Best Buy. I'm going to try at 10am CST and can report back if a) they have copies or b) nobody else has to confirm. But I bet they didn't get more than a handful of copies and you know TRU is open ridiculous hours these days, probably like 7am..

[quote name='Chuplayer']Is that a phishing site? I just went to gamestop.com, not your IP bullcrap, and it still says $29.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thrinn']It's the IP address of Gamestop.ca.[/QUOTE]

sorry guys, it was a mistake on my part. gamestop has not raised the prices.

[quote name='token2k6']just went to best buy, the only had 8 copies on the floor, 4 behind counter on reserve. had them look in rss and all stores that popped up had less than 10.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how much traffic your store gets. The ones in Chicago are getting 40+ copies in each store.

There are plenty of these; this is not limited, folks. It's only as limited as the fools make it out to be.

BTW, if you're a Best Buy Reward Zone member, you can use your 10% off coupon (not too great but at least it can knock off the tax, and techincally, it makes the final price a little better than the $29.99 at Amazon).

[quote name='confoosious'](flames deleted)

Anyway....

I've only seen one dude (taccord) say that you get the $25 gift card with 2 copies of SMAS. Can Anyone else confirm? Would love to save $25. (effectively)[/QUOTE]

I can confirm as well, just got back from TRU, the employee tried it out first to see if it would work and it did. And no I was not hoarding, lol, one for me and one for my bro for christmas :lol:

I still can't believe that nintendo didn't even update the menus in this game.. It still shows you how to play based on the snes control layout. I know it's just a SNES port- but most people aren't going to understand that. It is just sloppy.

What could have been a nice collector's piece for mario fans, just makes this feel like a quick cash grab, and all of the content (music and book) is a distilled version of the "Ask Iwata" stuff that has been coming out for the past few months for free.

(in for 2)

Picked up 4 copies (1 for myself, the others for family during holiday visit) from TRU and they threw in 2 $25 gift cards. They had about 30 copies left after I grabbed mine. I have a feeling these won't last with the $25 gift card promotion. It's almost like buy 1 get 1 free. El Hoardo is creaming in his pants right now LOL :D

bought this at Kmart got $10 gaming coupon...they had two boxes full of these behind the counter...prob like 50 of em

Hit K-mart at 7, TRU at 7:30 and Best Buy at 8 just to play it safe. None of the stores had put them out yet. :roll: K-mart brought out a box of a dozen or so (no idea if they had more than one box) and Best Buy got 125 copies.

Yeah... rare. lol

[quote name='confoosious']dear god, i had no idea it was a cag. I better erase my post.[/QUOTE]

I don't get the big deal. So he's selling everything but the game, don't a lot of people do that with their extras? I see it a lot on xbox bonuses.

I just got back from Kmart, and the electronics manager said they didn't have them in stock. I have brought the UPC number and she checked them and said they will be arriving tomorrow. Is this possible? I honestly don't believe her. She has proven herself in the past to be lazy as hell, and I just don't think she wants to go in back and check.
Is there a way for me to know if my store has them in stock or not by checking online? I'll be going back when her shift is done to see if someone will actually check in back for me.

Just got mine from Gamestop; they only got copies for pre-orders, and while I was there 3 other people came in asking for it, because apparently the Walmart next door had already sold out. What the hell?

I just got back from my Best Buy (battle Creek, MI) and they had STACKS of them. I don't see a shortage unless these piles are gone by tomorrow. Then again, I did go out at 8am during a "Winter Storm Warning" on a Sunday morning. Time will tell.

Seems this game is NOT rare at all, if most of you are stating seeing from 40 to up to 80 copies in some stores. Even if its a huge exaggeration, it doesn't seem THAT limited to need to pick up multiple copies for resale. Also a sort of quick cash grab (come on, nobody is really surprised by this) from Nintendo. Nintendo might be trying to match Apple in trying to get people to buy the same (or slightly upgraded) thing year after year.

[quote name='Chris249942']it's 29.99, not 34.99

Edit: quote seemed to fail. This post was directed at dr.claw who used some IP address to fake gamestops website or something.[/QUOTE]
You should read some of the posts following his...

Agreed, but it's weird that it seems like most reports are that Gamestops and Walmart copies have gone super fast, but then the other big box retailers have tons. It's possible that if they actually don't do a restock and what's out there is it, they may actually go pretty fast and shoot up in value. I think it will all depend on whether or not they actually do a restock; I've already got my copy but I'm going to be curious if this turns out to be a wash, or it actually winds up going for money like Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc.

[quote name='nightmare452']Seems this game is NOT rare at all, if most of you are stating seeing from 40 to up to 80 copies in some stores. Even if its a huge exaggeration, it doesn't seem THAT limited to need to pick up multiple copies for resale. Also a sort of quick cash grab (come on, nobody is really surprised by this) from Nintendo. Nintendo might be trying to match Apple in trying to get people to buy the same (or slightly upgraded) thing year after year.[/QUOTE]

Exactly -- the last Nintendo LE that was actually quite limited was probably the Legend of Zelda disc that contained Zelda, Zelda II, OoT, and Majora's Mask (sadly missing LttP -- similar perhaps to how this "collection" is missing SM-World). That title was limited to those buying and registering Nintendo serial numbers or buying a specific Gamecube that had the game enclosed.

This one is totally not rare at all. It's sort of silly to think Ninty would ever make a Mario game too rare. We live in an age where mass production is easy and we're talking about DVDs here, not cartridges; cost of mass production is negligble at this point. It's one reason why we see Namco, Konami and others going back and reprinting old games like those for the PS2.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Agreed, but it's weird that it seems like most reports are that Gamestops and Walmart copies have gone super fast, but then the other big box retailers have tons. It's possible that if they actually don't do a restock and what's out there is it, they may actually go pretty fast and shoot up in value. I think it will all depend on whether or not they actually do a restock; I've already got my copy but I'm going to be curious if this turns out to be a wash, or it actually winds up going for money like Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that the stores have more in stock at warehouses. Big retailers like Walmart do NOT send all their copies to stores at once.

Hoarders need to pick and choose games they plan to resale more discreetly. This one isn't a game that's going to
"shoot up" in value. May be in 5 years, but even then, that might be pushing it (besides, who knows, Ninty might release a 30th anniversary edition with Super Mario World).

Now I don't know whether this is rare or not but you guys understand that just because there is a lot of supply doesn't mean that this doesn't become rare. After all there is a demand side to this equation.

Also - there's a function called multiquote.

The bestbuys near me are allowing me to reserve ~50 to 80 at each store for pickup. Not that I am going to, but that is probably what the stock numbers are.

Stopped by TRU early in the morning. Woman ringing me up said they got around 90 copies. Might stop by later to get more.

[quote name='confoosious']Also - there's a function called multiquote.[/QUOTE]

Wow, dont know who you meant this for but just learned this function existed. thanks

Walked into Target, picked up two with no problems. (1 for me and one for a gift)

They got 20 in the lady said. They weren't out on the floor when they opened she had to get them from the back.

Seems like initially there are many available. I guess only time will tell if these do become rare. Honestly, I don't care, as long as I have one to play. :D

So I'm sure there are tons out there now. The question is, once those are gone, will stores get more of them? I wouldn't believe these were limited but I rarely see places like amazon and GS stop taking orders for items unless the supply is low.

[quote name='ssjmichael']So I'm sure there are tons out there now. The question is, once those are gone, will stores get more of them? I wouldn't believe these were limited but I rarely see places like amazon and GS stop taking orders for items unless the supply is low.[/QUOTE]

There are some signs showing this is limited and some signs showing that perhaps initial demand was not anticipated so maybe stores didn't order as many. Who knows. Demand in part seems fueled by it's mythical status as being a 1 print run supposedly. (It could be a 1 print run we just can't verify it credibly)

Where are you guys seeing like 80 of them? Busy area's or rural areas ... I live in farm land usa now though it's a tourist area. Just trying to get an idea because the busy area's are going to get a ton.

Such as the WoW Cat colllectors was a pain in the ass to find here despite all the places around. Just got really lucky a random gamestop randomly got one.

It's in stock on amazon, buy.com, newegg, and my local Kmart had 3 copies left (looks like they had 6 to begin with). I didn't bother looking at TRU, but it seems unlikely at this point that this game is actually, truly limited. Perhaps you won't be able to buy it 6 months from now, but I think that anyone who wants one now can find it at retail. Same as that red Wii.

[quote name='Achilles00']It's in stock on amazon, buy.com, newegg, and my local Kmart had 3 copies left (looks like they had 6 to begin with). I didn't bother looking at TRU, but it seems unlikely at this point that this game is actually, truly limited. Perhaps you won't be able to buy it 6 months from now, but I think that anyone who wants one now can find it at retail. Same as that red Wii.[/QUOTE]

It was the same way with Metroid Prime Triology. Everywhere had them but then when they were gone it was gone.

Yea, so it looks like the supply is there now I will be curious to see if it will be depleted and then restocked or if it will be a shipment or two then nothing else.

I doubt it but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back