Super Mario All Stars Wii...North America release date

saskwatch76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all, not a deal, but cool news, I went to EB today to check out when Mario All Stars Wii was being released and they said March 6, 2011 and it will be $49.99. Just letting people know because I know many have been waiting for this collection, only way to get this has been from homebrew, for those that don't, it is good news! It comes with a Mario history DVD as well....kind of lame that Europe and Japan get it this year, but at least we will be getting it....:applause:

[quote name='Derfel']Yeah... on the one hand, I'm interested in the soundtrack and "history book," but on the other hand, why should I have to put a damn disc in my Wii to play Super Mario All-Stars...[/QUOTE]I'll be putting the disc in my Wii one time in order to install it to my external HDD and then I'll put the disc back in the case and on my shelf.

[quote name='maigoyume']Wait wait, hold up.

So you're getting 4 games on a PHYSICAL DISC which you can resell or take around with you (assuming you get the games off the VC thats already 2000 points DIGITALLY) with a soundtrack and a history booklet for $30 (and there will probably be a club nintendo code included) and you're complaining that they should've included more games?

Methinks people are fucking greedy
QFT[/QUOTE]

You people with your "four games on a disc" and "owning a console is too much trouble for you" are missing the point. This isn't four games, it's one game: SUPER MARIO ALL-STARS. Which, if released on the VC, would normally retail for 800 Wii points. I'm not complaining about the fact that I have to put in ANY disc, but in this case I would rather have a digital version of All-Stars. Oh, right, why don't I just plug in my Super Nintendo any time I want to play All-Stars, sure. Give me a break.

[quote name='Derfel']You people with your "four games on a disc" and "owning a console is too much trouble for you" are missing the point. This isn't four games, it's one game: SUPER MARIO ALL-STARS. Which, if released on the VC, would normally retail for 800 Wii points. I'm not complaining about the fact that I have to put in ANY disc, but in this case I would rather have a digital version of All-Stars. Oh, right, why don't I just plug in my Super Nintendo any time I want to play All-Stars, sure. Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

If you want a digital version of All-Stars, buy the four games on the VC. It's still less than $30.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']If you want a digital version of All-Stars, buy the four games on the VC. It's still less than $30.[/QUOTE]

Buying each game individually doesn't get you the enhancements of the All-Stars versions, though.

[quote name='Derfel']Oh, right, why don't I just plug in my Super Nintendo any time I want to play All-Stars, sure. Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

Why not? That's exactly what I have setup in my room to play Super Metroid. Interesting thing I only learned a few weeks ago: the composite cable connector for the N64 works for the SNES.

[quote name='games4less']Why not? That's exactly what I have setup in my room to play Super Metroid. Interesting thing I only learned a few weeks ago: the composite cable connector for the N64 works for the SNES.[/QUOTE]

They actually used that same cable all the way through to the Gamecube; it didn't change for three generations.

Anyone think this will actually be a "limited release" and thus is worth picking up strictly to sit on the shelf as eye candy/future resale?

[quote name='antlp89']Anyone think this will actually be a "limited release" and thus is worth picking up strictly to sit on the shelf as eye candy/future resale?[/QUOTE]

it's been confirmed earlier in the thread......

[quote name='jeffx']it's been confirmed earlier in the thread......[/QUOTE]

On multiple occasions in the past game companies have stated "limited release" on items only to later have another reprinted release. I'm not sure of Nintendo's track records with limited releases, however I think Metroid Prime Trilogy was a legit limited release.

[quote name='antlp89']I'm not sure of Nintendo's track records with limited releases, however I think Metroid Prime Trilogy was a legit limited release.[/QUOTE]

MPT was hardly what I'd consider limited. I think my local RCSS might still have a copy sitting on their shelf.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I was a little excited for this for a bit, until I realized it was just an overpriced virtual console game. If they were going to do something like this (release on disc) they should have included more Mario games.[/QUOTE]
+1.
At least Mario World.
I keep waiting to see if the Wii has anything worth it, but why pay for re-releases with no new extra stuff? At least XBLA games have online bonuses and graphical upgrades (Personally I think the new upgrades should be an option, like Final Fight and not forced like TMNT4) but anyways...
Game should be $20 tops.

[quote name='ragnar14']MPT was hardly what I'd consider limited. I think my local RCSS might still have a copy sitting on their shelf.[/QUOTE]
That's a bit of an oddity. When I looked for a copy in january, superstore was out, wal-mart was out, staples, eb games, rogers, & blockbuster were all out. I got the last copy at zellers.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Amazon.ca has it for $29.99 with free shipping[/QUOTE]

I noticed this yesterday. I'm not sure if there will be any other deals when it releases, though. Trade 1 at FS/BB?

I recently bought Mario Allstars + World (yay) cart only (booo) at a pawn shop. I think I'm good in terms of 25th anniversary (lool).

[quote name='poiuiu']I recently bought Mario Allstars + World (yay) cart only (booo) at a pawn shop. I think I'm good in terms of 25th anniversary (lool).[/QUOTE]

Cart only? As opposed to what?

[quote name='Pajo']i'm gonna guess he was going for the box, instruction manual, etc[/QUOTE]

The game was a pack-in only; a box doesn't exist for it (in North America, anyway). I suppose a manual could be a possibility; I wonder if there's a specific manual or if they just included separate All-Stars / World manuals.

[quote name='Gerwich']That's a bit of an oddity. When I looked for a copy in january, superstore was out, wal-mart was out, staples, eb games, rogers, & blockbuster were all out. I got the last copy at zellers.[/QUOTE]

+1, I was scrambling to pick up a copy in my area when it was announced that production was halted (in January). Ended getting one with a friend's help in Toronto.

[quote name='Derfel']The game was a pack-in only; a box doesn't exist for it (in North America, anyway). I suppose a manual could be a possibility; I wonder if there's a specific manual or if they just included separate All-Stars / World manuals.[/QUOTE]
I was hoping for a manual in the least since (like you said) it's a pack-in game, but I already remember there was a mail order option as well. Also, Nintendo at leasts pack-in the game manual (they've done this for any of their pack-in games), and I'd imagine it'll be a single manual instead of two since they put the effort into putting two games on one cart, making two manuals into one wouldn't need that much more effort.

But either way, I got the better version of Mario All-stars. :p

[quote name='Derfel']The game was a pack-in only; a box doesn't exist for it (in North America, anyway). I suppose a manual could be a possibility; I wonder if there's a specific manual or if they just included separate All-Stars / World manuals.[/QUOTE]

Hm, upon rummaging through my old SNES manuals, I have separate manuals for All-Stars and Super Mario World.

And fuck.

Your wrong. The game comes out Dec. 12th in the US and it will const $29.99. I pre-ordered it at gamestop the other day and found out the price is 30 bucks not 50. Why would it be 50 bucks, you would buy it a lot cheaper on the nintendo channel for less than 50 with Super Mario World included.

[quote name='Dj Milez']Your wrong. The game comes out Dec. 12th in the US and it will const $29.99. I pre-ordered it at gamestop the other day and found out the price is 30 bucks not 50. Why would it be 50 bucks, you would buy it a lot cheaper on the nintendo channel for less than 50 with Super Mario World included.[/QUOTE]

Re-read the OP. He said EB listed the price and release date, so EB was wrong.

bread's done
Back