Super Mario Deluxe . . . The Canadians are Coming?

inubu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got Super Mario Deluxe for my GBA. When I first start the game, right after the Gameboy welcome screen, there is a picture of Mario with text underneath that says "The Canadians are Coming" This text is on the screen for about 2 seconds and then the game starts as normal. Is there something I'm missing here or is that normal for this game? What on earth does it mean? Do I need to fear the Canadians?

We the canadians will conquer all... Hey, I may not live there, but I am canadian. Oh, and yeah, the second poster was correct; it is a bootleg. Might want to check on that.

It's a boot, or an original version that's been rom hacked and re-flashed. I've never seen something like that before. Mario as Hitler and a bunch of swastikas hopping about? yes. A warning against the Canadian menace? New to me!

It's not a bootleg! Jeepers, anyone that's played Super Mario Deluxe knows that you can insert your own personal message to display before the title screen. Mine shows the creepy realistic picture of Mario saying "suck my nuts".

[quote name='inubu'] Do I need to fear the Canadians?[/QUOTE]

ROFL.

FEAR. ... THE CANADIANS!

Of all the ludicrous ideas!

I figured it was a bootleg, but I had no idea what the Canadian reference was all about. Everything else is perfect on the game, minus the Canadian fear shared at the beginning. What a monumental waste of hacking time.

[quote name='sonderiaom']We the canadians will conquer all... Hey, I may not live there, but I am canadian. Oh, and yeah, the second poster was correct; it is a bootleg. Might want to check on that.[/quote]

So you're a covert operative working from the inside, eh? :D

[quote name='inubu']I figured it was a bootleg, but I had no idea what the Canadian reference was all about. Everything else is perfect on the game, minus the Canadian fear shared at the beginning. What a monumental waste of hacking time.[/quote]

Did you not see my previous post? :drool:

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']Did you not see my previous post? :drool:[/QUOTE]

You are correct -- you can import your own message.

Curses, Ace and Mr.nomis are correct. I'd looked for something relative to that and couldn't find it, so I figured it'd be a Rom-teams 'Tag'. But upon searching again, I found out how to do it:

Hint: The Round Table Beat the first four levels (the first world) and then go to the toy box. There will be a little hole in the wall in the lower left corner. Enter it, and you will see a round table. Each time you beat a world 1-7, a new Toadstool guy will appear, and the princess appears after you beat world 8. The Toads let you print things! If you go to Peach, you can change the message that appears when you start up the game (now that you have beaten world 8.)

I apologize to Ace, for I was unable to read past the word "jeepers" in his post. Whenever I run across such a word, my mind thinks it has instantly been transported back in time to the 1950s, yet has somehow brought the Internet along, at which point the fabric of the universe is sundered to ash.

I will make a mental note of it in the future in hopes that such dreams nay materialize.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']Did you not see my previous post? :drool:[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I stopped thinking you were telling the truth at that "suck my nuts" part. Thanks for the information everyone!

[quote name='Strell']I apologize to Ace, for I was unable to read past the word "jeepers" in his post. Whenever I run across such a word, my mind thinks it has instantly been transported back in time to the 1950s, yet has somehow brought the Internet along, at which point the fabric of the universe is sundered to ash.

I will make a mental note of it in the future in hopes that such dreams nay materialize.[/quote]

If I can get by that horrible little man in your avatar, you can get by "jeepers".
Good golly!

bread's done
Back