Super Mario DS to have 80 Levels!

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Rumors are floating around that in the latest issue of Nintendo Power, there is an article on NSMB that says there are at least 80 levels to be found in the game. I cannot manage to confirm/deny this anywhere. The only scan I could come across was of the cover of the Nintendo Power with the article inside. Anyone out there that can confirm this, please email me and let me know! You are looking for this Nintendo Power.

*UPDATE* Reader Mortenfriis answered the call in a matter of minutes after I posted this story. He managed to provide me with scans of the entire NSMB article, which I will not post or link to here. After our Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) fiasco, I want to make sure I do not get in trouble. What you CAN see is the one scan below, and guess for yourself what it says. You can see the scan, and an enlarged portion. I myself believe it says 50 instead of 80…how bout you guys? HUGE thanks to Mortenfriis for the help.

supermariobrothers2cw.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/

801eo.jpg

from my regular sitting position, 80. when I lean in and squint, it looks like 50.

i dunno. either way, not bad...though I hope it's 80 :D

It CLEARLY reads 90, the more the better! lol

EDIT: I just went and saved the April 06 Nintendo Power from it's new home in the trash. I read teh interview with Takashi Tezuka but didn't see anything about this..... It's the Metroid Hunters cover issue, the last of my freebies from registering games at Nintendo.com.

OH SHIT it even looks lovely in those bad pics of the magazine.:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Of course my freebie issues would miss landing this gem. I gotta give this a look through next time i'm at a store.

50 is alright. Didn't the original Super Mario Brothers have about 32 or so?

1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-1, 2-2, etc up to 8-4

So it's about 1.5 times the length of the first Super Mario Brothers. Pretty good.

I've never finished any Mario game. I can't tell you which one was long or which one was short.

Wait, I did finish the 64 one. I was missing a whole lotta stuff but I did beat Bowser on the end.

50, 80, 90 doesn't matter I doubt I'll see anything beyond 20, I just get bored with them.

[quote name='Three Dollar Hooker']I've never finished any Mario game. I can't tell you which one was long or which one was short.

Wait, I did finish the 64 one. I was missing a whole lotta stuff but I did beat Bowser on the end.

50, 80, 90 doesn't matter I doubt I'll see anything beyond 20, I just get bored with them.[/QUOTE]
:shock: I don't think there's a 2D Mario game I haven't beaten completely numerous times.

[quote name='botticus']:shock: I don't think there's a 2D Mario game I haven't beaten completely numerous times.[/QUOTE]

I never beat 2. I don't know why I didn't, just didn't.

This game looks fun, but it seems like it's more side-scroller oriented (old school style) rather than like Super Mario World (which had a nice adventure style)

[quote name='Requiem']This game looks fun, but it seems like it's more side-scroller oriented (old school style) rather than like Super Mario World (which had a nice adventure style)[/QUOTE]
Could you elaborate a bit? I know a lot of people who would say that Super Mario World is the be-all, end-all of side-scroller, old-school style. (Of course those people are fools, and should be taught that Mario 3 is that, but I digress... ;) )

[quote name='Swingman']First mario was easy to beat. You could warp past half the game lol.[/QUOTE]Yeah, if you're trying and it still takes you more than 10 minutes you should probably just give up on gaming. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Yeah, if you're trying and it still takes you more than 10 minutes you should probably just give up on gaming. :lol:[/quote]

No joke, even my mom beat both SM2 and SM3. Off topic, my mom's favorite NES game was Castlevania 2 - Simon's quest.

[quote name='daroga']Could you elaborate a bit? I know a lot of people who would say that Super Mario World is the be-all, end-all of side-scroller, old-school style. (Of course those people are fools, and should be taught that Mario 3 is that, but I digress... ;) )[/quote]

Haha - you are both wrong. The be-all-end-all to 2D side-scrollers is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island! :D Either way you can't really go wrong with any of those games. I can't wait until they launch the DS Lite in the US. I will be picking it up on day one with at least 3 games (probably more) to go with it.

[quote name='Three Dollar Hooker']50, 80, 90 doesn't matter I doubt I'll see anything beyond 20, I just get bored with them.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I beat Super Mario World and 64 once each, and I've come close with Super Mario Bros 3, but I own all the other Mario games too and I don't even have a desire to pick them up and play. Shouldn't I finish those before investing a brand new game again? I am, however, thinking about getting this new game because I really liked the mini-games from Super Mario 64 DS and this one has new mini-games.

[quote name='lebowsky']No joke, even my mom beat both SM2 and SM3. Off topic, my mom's favorite NES game was Castlevania 2 - Simon's quest.[/quote]

Your ma has excellent taste in 8-bit!

bread's done
Back