Super Mario Galaxy 2 15% Off and $20 Coupon from Gamestop

already mentioned in a few other post, but i think its good enough for its own. new mario game for 22 bucks ! hell the last one is still 35 used.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Wow, Gamestop really wanna kick amazon but out of business :)[/QUOTE]

It's a good deal butt thats not happening anytime soon.

[quote name='tightclaws']It's a good deal butt thats not happening anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there...

[quote name='Linwood']Amazon is still better because of lack of sales tax and stackable coupons.[/QUOTE]

What coupons stack at amazon?

[quote name='Linwood']Amazon is still better because of lack of sales tax and stackable coupons.[/QUOTE]

Not for the tens of millions of us that already pay sales tax at Amazon... and not to mention the fact that even if you're in a state that Amazon does not tax immediately, you're still supposed to pay those sales taxes when you file your income tax return (in most states).

[quote name='gryphter']what are these stackable coupons you speak of? you mean amazon credit from other purchases? still doing ECA discount?[/QUOTE]

he probably means those two. plus also it seems that the video game promo credits from credits don't stack with most gamestop codes, so he may refer to that as well.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Wow, Gamestop really wanna kick amazon but out of business :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a gauntlet thrown if there ever was one. I hope GS gets its ass kicked, if only because I hate their gutting policy.

[quote name='An J0e']already mentioned in a few other post, but i think its good enough for its own. new mario game for 22 bucks ! hell the last one is still 35 used.[/QUOTE]

It's not $22. You have to buy another item to get the $20 off.

I would consider this if you can apply the $20 to a previously placed pre-order (in my case, War for Cybertron). But I doubt that so there's no point in me trying.

[quote name='MSI Magus']What coupons stack at amazon?[/QUOTE]

Poor choice of words perhaps. I meant that credits stack. It's how I got a DSi XL for $84.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Not for the tens of millions of us that already pay sales tax at Amazon... and not to mention the fact that even if you're in a state that Amazon does not tax immediately, you're still supposed to pay those sales taxes when you file your income tax return (in most states).[/QUOTE]

You got a point there.

I really think I might get in on this. Seems pretty likely I can get about $40 back by trading it in with some kind of promo. That's a free $20.

About 46 bucks for me with the tax, but 3 dollars is 3 dollars and I might as well use my in store credit from the 50% trade-in deal.

Lol on this. The last time I bought at game at GS they asked if I wanted to PO Galaxy 2. I rarely PO and this time actually said "No, I already ordered from Amazon because it comes with the $20 credit". Now what do I see? Maybe the word got out. Shame that $8 isn't enough for me to cancel and switch. I'm sure 'Zon will have a better sale to use their $20 on before GS does.

[quote name='Gbear09']question is, does it combine with the 25off?[/QUOTE]
I can't seem to get any coupons to stack anymore, but I've got UFC & MSG both in my cart. 25off makes it $82.48. And I get a $20 and a $10 credit in the future? I'm gonna pull the trigger now & cancel if anything elses comes up.

I will stick with Amazon, because I can use my $20 promo credit toward something on sale that also has a pre-order bonus. Plus there are about 20 reasons I dislike GameStop. Now, if that $20 could stack with discounts down the road maybe I would switch.

[quote name='Linwood']Poor choice of words perhaps. I meant that credits stack. It's how I got a DSi XL for $84.

You got a point there.[/QUOTE]

No he doesnt......idk what state....and that sux for you but on a tax return......i live in jersey and for most states.....and jersey sure as hell does count for most.....you dont have to pay a dime on returns for amazon......what??? Is the IRS gonna bill me on online transactions??? serioulsy everybody's gotta chill out......

Does amazon have a 25off coupon or anything because if not i'm gonna pre order red dead and mario galaxy 2 at gamestop. 110 - 27.50(for 25off) & $10/$20 off future orders: comes out to $52.40 hell yea!

Only question is are those discounts stackable and how long are they good for?

[quote name='mke464']No he doesnt......idk what state....and that sux for you but on a tax return......i live in jersey and for most states.....and jersey sure as hell does count for most.....you dont have to pay a dime on returns for amazon......what??? Is the IRS gonna bill me on online transactions??? serioulsy everybody's gotta chill out......[/QUOTE]

what? in a few states, people have to pay tax on amazon purchases. any other state (including jersey, where i live as well) you are supposed to file those online purchases in your tax returns. to not do so is illegal.

After the Starcraft II debacle I don't think I want to try to stack this deal with the $25 off promo. But that's a sweet standalone deal. I might be in for one.

Guys I need advice...
I have 5 games that I want to preorder and i'm trying to decide the cheapest way to get them all. RDR, Reach, Mario Galaxy, Starcraft II, & Skate 3.

If I order them all at gamestop before the 30th I get $15 off each game plus a few $$ credit and thatd be perfect if I could pick up in store but I cant w/ that coupon like someone mentioned and the free shipping could take two weeks.

Heres my 3 questions:
Is there another code i can use w/ 25off for faster free shipping?
Can i order for delivery and call and change to in store pickup at a later date?
And can i order all these things now and then go back later and cancel 1 or two games without affecting the rest of the order?

Hope somebody can help me this will be my biggest single game purchase ever and I wanna get it right.

[quote name='y2jasper']what? in a few states, people have to pay tax on amazon purchases. any other state (including jersey, where i live as well) you are supposed to file those online purchases in your tax returns. to not do so is illegal.[/QUOTE]

its not illegal....do your research...if you live from a tax exempt state and buying from a non third party....(amazon hint!)....then you dont and i dont know jersey your from but new jersey is exempt......unless you buy from like bobby's video game store.........im sure they charge tax.......

^another question to add to my list of obnoxiously large list. What the hell would an edge card do for me for this order? Nothing since none of the games are used?

[quote name='wampa8jedi'] and not to mention the fact that even if you're in a state that Amazon does not tax immediately, you're still supposed to pay those sales taxes when you file your income tax return (in most states).[/QUOTE]

use and sales tax... i wonder when the local and state governments will crack down on this for internet sales.

I want to bite but I still haven't even made it through 20% of SMG. I seem to buy games for our Wii but we never play them.

[quote name='Vegan']I refuse to believe ANYONE who says they actually declare internet purchases on their state taxes.[/QUOTE]
I just paid $75 on my tax return for an estimated $1000 worth of internet purchases. I don't go through all my receipts, but I ballpark it. It's not really a big deal.

Good deal, but I've got my Amazon order in for $42.35 already, so I think I'll stick with that. And as stated, it'll be easier to spend a future credit there than GS, I think.

[quote name='botticus']I just paid $75 on my tax return for an estimated $1000 worth of internet purchases. I don't go through all my receipts, but I ballpark it. It's not really a big deal.

Good deal, but I've got my Amazon order in for $42.35 already, so I think I'll stick with that. And as stated, it'll be easier to spend a future credit there than GS, I think.[/QUOTE]

Nice!........What state are you from????.......im sooo thinking about paying on my tax return next year as well......but not 75 bucks man......im talking 400 big ones!!!.......that'll show the IRS!!!.....

[quote name='luxarific']Yeah, that's a gauntlet thrown if there ever was one. I hope GS gets its ass kicked, if only because I hate their gutting policy.[/QUOTE]
Its just heresay for now, but my local Store Manager said they were changing the gutting policy (for the better). He is usually pretty reliable.

Everything points to this last holiday season being a wake-up call for GameStop. I hope thats true and they keep this up! Of course, its going to be hard for everyone to survive now that Walmart and Walmart.com have woken up to being aggressive on selling games.

[quote name='mke464']Nice!........What state are you from????.......im sooo thinking about paying on my tax return next year as well......but not 75 bucks man......im talking 400 big ones!!!.......that'll show the IRS!!!.....[/QUOTE]

Lots of people don't pay taxes that they owe, including sales and use taxes. I kind of shrug at it -- it is what it is -- but at the same time, the reality is that if everyone paid, everyone's taxes would be lower. There are people and corporations who make tons of money and don't pay nearly what they owe (in many cases they don't pay jack!), which raises taxes for the rest of us.

[quote name='botticus']I just paid $75 on my tax return for an estimated $1000 worth of internet purchases. I don't go through all my receipts, but I ballpark it. It's not really a big deal.

Good deal, but I've got my Amazon order in for $42.35 already, so I think I'll stick with that. And as stated, it'll be easier to spend a future credit there than GS, I think.[/QUOTE]

I also just paid $159 in use tax. Since almost all of my purchases are from Amazon it's extremely easy to go through all the invoices of the previous year and calculate the necessary tax.

California paid me 60% of my salary to stay home with my daughter for 3 months when she was born. They deserve every penny they get in taxes.

25OFF still works though, so I applied that with

Super Mario Galaxy 2
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
Devil May Cry 3:Special Edition
Red Faction 2

For 79.73 shipped

Plus $20 gift card for SMG2 AND $10 gift card for GTA

So basically $50!

Walmart.com lowered the price of SMG1 to just over $33 and Amazon matched it. I don't know if that's been mentioned elsewhere, but I thought it was a good deal in case anyone hadn't got the first yet (like me).

bread's done
Back