Super Mario Galaxy 2

thrifty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My god this game was expensive. I had to pay full price and shipping on amazon. Is there a cheaper place to get it new? Do you think they'll ever sell it as a select?

You'd think that a game like this would still be in stores. Every retailer still carries Mario Galaxy 1 for around $15-20, but 2 is out of stock everywhere. Knew I should have picked it up on black friday a year or two ago. Tried calling every local retailer, but nobody carries it anymore. So crazy.

How much did you pay?

Gamestop has it for $45.

Why did you have to pay shipping on Amazon? I think anything over $25 is free, unless you bought it from a 3rd party reseller.

You can usually find a complete used copy at gamestop, and with the birthday coupon it would be $36 ($31.50 with card)

There is a method to my madness.Third party reseller had it cheaper with shipping than amazon with free shipping.

I do want to hit Platinum status by the end of the year for 2014 for some exclusive Club Nintendo swag. If I register my wii u and my 4 wii games starting in July that will be like 360 coins? So I think i'd only need to buy like 4-5 games to hit platinum next year which is good because I'm really only into the more core 1st party titles (stuff like mario, zelda, metroid, super smash, dkc etc).

Actually If I wanted it used I would have gone to Best Buy where it is $30. I could have used my Gamer Club Unlocked/Silver status to get it for $27 with an additional 6% cash back on the BB credit card. So effectively $25.50 or even less if I combined this with a B2G1free. This is an option. I might do this if they have it in stock. Otherwise I don't mind spending an extra $20 to have it shipped to me brand new.

I just thought it was ridiculous that you can't get one of the biggest/ most quality titles for the console at any store even if it is almost 3 years old (which isn't even that old). But what do you guys think. Should I have waited for some kind of sale or will the price on this game go up further with time? I can still cancel the order. I think it pretty much depends on whether not Nintendo releases it as a select or something.

I'm undecided I might try and find it used later today and use the extra money to pick up a few more sale wii games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used at Best Buy was the cheapest I saw and got it last week. I thought the same thing, why is this game so hard to find?

This thread reminded me that I still don't have this game, and it's never going to drop in price for a new copy, so thanks for that, I guess ^^;

Just bought a new one at eStarland, and yeah, it was full price there, too.

I picked up a new copy of SMG2 on clearance at a local grocery chain for $25 last year, but I ended up flipping it, thinking I would find it again someday at that price.

Now all my hopes of a new copy are hinging on Fry's Electronics, which has it priced at $39.99.  If they drop it down to $29.99 or so, I can see about PM'ing it at a local Best Buy to use my RZ certs, but then again I haven't even checked my BBYs to see if they still have stock.

bread's done
Back