Super Mario Galaxy on shelves at BB - May be YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedge33

CAG Veteran
I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy at my local Best Buy. I went it asking when they were going to get it and the guy said they aready had it and showed me to a special standee with about 40 copies. Don't know if all Best Buys are doing this or what.

I was going to do the TRU sale, but the local TRU has already pre-sold out of its first shipment and said they didn't know when they would get more. :cry:

I know its only a couple days until official release but thought it was worth a mention.

Ah, no wonder there was aline outside of BB around 8:30pm today. Well if you are on the west coast the BB's clode at 11 now about 40 more minutes

I think.

I just went to BB to do a price match for the TRU Super Mario Galaxy and $25 gift card. Employee didn't want to deal with the gift card so sold me the game at $24.99. Sweet.

[quote name='scott123456']I just went to BB to do a price match for the TRU Super Mario Galaxy and $25 gift card. Employee didn't want to deal with the gift card so sold me the game at $24.99. Sweet.[/quote]

Wow, worst employee ever or best employee ever depending on if you are corporate or a customer.

[quote name='unjust']I saw a boat load of Super Mario Galaxy's at Target.... Should I start a thread?? ;)[/quote]

What about SMB at Fry's?

Yeah I tried a price match at my BB. and they said they couldn't PM a gift card, and TRU will not be getting their shipment till tommrow.

[quote name='Wedge33']I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy at my local Best Buy. I went it asking when they were going to get it and the guy said they aready had it and showed me to a special standee with about 40 copies. Don't know if all Best Buys are doing this or what.

I was going to do the TRU sale, but the local TRU has already pre-sold out of its first shipment and said they didn't know when they would get more. :cry:

I know its only a couple days until official release but thought it was worth a mention.[/QUOTE]

pics now or your lying lol

My BB Pricematch was with a new employee. he was helping someone who was having an issue with an extended warranty and called management. He then helped me and wasn't sure what to do... so he did what was normal and reduced the cost of the game but didn't want to figure out how to add the Gift card. Just my lucky day. I go all the time and make them match all deals.

I got Call of Duty 3 free with Calll of Duty 4 last week at BB by making them match the CC deal. No problems on my end... Heck they see me every week at the courtesy booth matching.

My local Wal-Mart had them in stock and were selling them today.

I pre-ordered at Target for the coin, which they didn't have in stock when I pre-ordered and said that they were all delayed until realease. My card that I preordered with said they would hold my copy for 7 days. They just better have my game and coin when I get there on Saturday.

It's a deal for me to get this because of the Gamepro coupons and an American Express gift card. I used both to get the game for $44.53

[quote name='thurston']fuckin went to TRU where I preordered it they had none and said the truck never came last night...then why do i preorder?fuck it[/QUOTE]

The guy bs'd you, because I had 90 copies come into the store I work at alone today. All of our stores in the area sold out now (90 copies in one day at TRU of all places). They would not have come in on a truck, they would be directs (UPS, FedEx, DHL), so they probably just sold your pre-order without paying any attention.

My local TRU said they won't be getting the shipment today and that all the other stores near me won't be getting them today either. Just to be sure, I called another store and they do have it. Either she was lying or they are getting it tonite and just don't want to deal with the chaos.

TRU has this tendency of hiring nutcases who don't have a clue how their inventory comes in for their department. And even then, a lot of the time (at the store I used to work at, anyway) the SRS person that was supposed to scan in directs for the day (which includes the vast majority of the games) couldn't get to them that day. Games take a backseat to whatever the management says to do for the day, unfortunately. :(

OK, so all Best Buys will have the Mario Galaxy standee by now and TRU purchase discussion belongs in the TRU $25 GC thread, so I'm shuttin' this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back