[quote name='phoenix529']Hey CAG,

Quick question before a CL purchase.

What's
supermariorpg_j_5003_frontcover.jpg
worth in relation to
mariorpg2box.jpg
?

Yes, both boxed, opened.[/QUOTE]

The Japanese version goes for about $10... in Japan. The American one goes for significantly more.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If you are just going to play the game, it is 800 Wii Points on the Virtual Console[/QUOTE]

Plus the $250 for a Wii...

And no, I'm not just a player. I both play and collect. I beat them and box em up for display.

The Japanese version is fairly common. People see my CIB Japanese copies of that and Chrono Trigger and Mother 2 and are amazed, but I got them for around $10 each, as they're all really common. I sold them all when I got American versions, though.

Well, I have absolutely zero friends that know a whole lot about "classic" gaming (SNES. I know, right?), so maybe having the Japanese CIB would still impress people. Not to mention the ability to play it on my SNES Mini...

I mean I bought Metroid(silver label) on NES the other day for 4 bucks, and my friends think it's like this holy grail...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I remember when the local TRU had a ton of sealed copies of SMRPG for 15 bucks like 10 years ago. Should have scooped them up.[/QUOTE]

If I had a nickel for every game that was true for. :) Unfortunately, 13 year old me couldn't wait to get these games open and play them, and never thought about saving the packaging or getting multiple copies. What an idiot.

[quote name='phoenix529']Not to mention the ability to play it on my SNES Mini...[/QUOTE]

You know you can play it on any SNES, right? I've got my SNES "modded" to play Japanese and European games. There used to be a video store around here that would "mod" your SNES, and charge you $20 to do it. :roll:

@bvharris: I was the same way. Sometimes I wish I were ten years older.

I know that, Chairman, but my friends don't. The point was that few of them have ever even seen a Mini. Let alone a US console that could play Japanese games.

Showing my collection to my friends is like showing a 4-year old that you can play guitar by playing Smoke on the Water. It doesn't take much.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I remember when the local TRU had a ton of sealed copies of SMRPG for 15 bucks like 10 years ago. Should have scooped them up.[/QUOTE]

I still have a sealed copy of Super Mario RPG that I bought at TRU for 14.98 that I never got around to opening and playing again shortly after buying it on clearance at TRU, I (foolishly) traded in my 1st copy to EBgames when the Sega Saturn first came out and replaced it when I saw it on clearance at TRU. My store wasen't as great stock wise though as they only had a few copies at most I'm sure :D

I wish I wouldn't have passed on Mega Man X on clearance at Wal Mart for $5, I'm sure I would have picked it up again if my 1st copy was sold/traded in at some point.

[quote name='phoenix529']Showing my collection to my friends is like showing a 4-year old that you can play guitar by playing Smoke on the Water. It doesn't take much.[/QUOTE]

This is true. Hell, the bass player in my band is amazed that I can play smoke on the water. He's never touched a non-bass guitar, though.

My SNES that plays foreign games is actually a mini version, cause I'd never want to damage my phat one. I actually owned two minis at one point, but one got fried when my younger brother plugged in the wrong adapter :bomb:

[quote name='FOnewearl']I still have a sealed copy of Super Mario RPG that I bought at TRU for 14.98 that I never got around to opening and playing again shortly after buying it on clearance at TRU, I (foolishly) traded in my 1st copy to EBgames when the Sega Saturn first came out and replaced it when I saw it on clearance at TRU. My store wasen't as great stock wise though as they only had a few copies at most I'm sure :D

I wish I wouldn't have passed on Mega Man X on clearance at Wal Mart for $5, I'm sure I would have picked it up again if my 1st copy was sold/traded in at some point.[/QUOTE]
oh ya, there are so many games I passed on during clearances that I wish I had purchased. The day I bought my Dreamcast VGA box for $60 I passed on a whole bin of $5 Squaresoft clearance SNES games, I remember thinking that my friend would crap his pants if he saw all the cheap Square games.

bread's done
Back