Super Paper Mario 39.99 at Amazon

Nice find! Thanks! I'd buy this in a second if I hadn't rented it. I was kind of disappointed by it, but I'm still kind of tempted.

[quote name='scuba t']What were you disappointed about? I'm considering getting this. I've been wanting this game forever.[/QUOTE]

It's been a while since I've played it so I don't remember completely, but I remember getting frustrated with it quite frequently by mid-game, and just not having much fun with it. I'm enjoying Paper Mario 1 a LOT more.

Also my hands kind of got cramped since you have to play it with the regular Wii controller and it doesn't support the classic pad. Not that huge of a deal though.

It was a good game, but i wouldn't want to play it again. Not a lot to do after you've beaten it other than going back and finding ingredients and making shit.

Nice find. I'm going to hold out for $29.99 or below before I jump on this one I think. Been spending too much money at Amazon as it is!

Played the first one and I lost interest. Sold it on Half.com. Don't think I'd buy the 2nd one. :( New SMB on the DS, on the other hand, ROX!!!

[quote name='hordak']Played the first one and I lost interest. Sold it on Half.com. Don't think I'd buy the 2nd one. :( New SMB on the DS, on the other hand, ROX!!![/QUOTE]

This is actually the third one (or the...uh...6th Mario RPG in total...if I'm counting right).

Weirdly I seem to like the Paper Mario games in reverse order of their release. I'm kind of really enjoying the first one :)

[quote name='Wolfpup']This is actually the third one (or the...uh...6th Mario RPG in total...if I'm counting right).

Weirdly I seem to like the Paper Mario games in reverse order of their release. I'm kind of really enjoying the first one :)[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean that you like them in the order of their release if you like the first one best?

I am going to disagree with the other people as I love this game. The wiimote is okay as long as you got the nintendo control skin. Also there are two bonus dugeon that will take up your time after beating the game.

This title will go Player's Choice eventually. I'll be there the day it does to buy the regular packaging version before they replace it with some god awful GH box art.

I bought it when it came out, and I don't think it was worth $50 at all. I reccommend holding off until it's $30 or bloew.

It is a good game though.

[quote name='theflicker']Don't you mean that you like them in the order of their release if you like the first one best?[/QUOTE]

Ummm....yeah! Maybe...I'm confused :lol:

[quote name='62t']I am going to disagree with the other people as I love this game. The wiimote is okay as long as you got the nintendo control skin. Also there are two bonus dugeon that will take up your time after beating the game.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea about using that cover thing. I don't think I had one when I played the game originally. I don't normally use it (or the wrist strap). I don't think that would help me much though because I think it was my thumbs that got sore. You have to use the d-pad, and it's kind of small and cramped.

[quote name='rpepper']This title will go Player's Choice eventually. I'll be there the day it does to buy the regular packaging version before they replace it with some god awful GH box art.[/QUOTE]

Has Nintendo been doing Players Choice stuff much? I can't remember seeing any in ages, which is unfortunate. That's a good idea though, seems like this is as likely as anything to hit Players Choice.

Personally I don't care whether my games are originals or rereleases. I enjoy both...except I suppose that hideous 360 platinum packaging. I swear that looks like something *I* could whip up in an afternoon, and that's not good :D

As a collector I'm not a big fan of GH packages. I think it's like comics...first run copies are usually worth more than reprints. I don't think the Wii will have Player's Choice titles until the big "N" loses some steam...which doesn't seem likely in the near future. Historically they've always done this and I'm sure that PS3 and Nintendo will release greatest hit games in due time.

I wish Nintendo would do a better job of that. I have to hand it to Sony for really doing it right over the years. It's probably helped get a lot more people in to gaming too. I especially LOVED back when they rejiggered their licensing fees so it was possible to release $10 games. Wish companies were still doing that instead of these DRMed up downloads. There were some really good games released at that price point (one game actually released for $10 on the Playstation, and a full priced $30 or maybe $40 on PC at the same time).

I grabbed this for $29.99 from the goldbox a few weeks ago. It's still in the shrink-wrap. Money well spent... I guess?

[quote name='ScubaCat']I grabbed this for $29.99 from the goldbox a few weeks ago. It's still in the shrink-wrap. Money well spent... I guess?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not bad at all! It'll probably be a while before it hits that price again, assuming it does (it SHOULD hit $20 as a regular price at some point, but ya never know).

we have yet to see any PH games on DS, and as a result we are paying $40-50 for Tetris or Clubhouse games.

Yeah, and hardly and Player's Choice on the Gameboy Advance either. Just a small handful. In the cases of those systems though there might be issues in terms of production costs for the cartridges (although you'd think that would be fairly cheap...although it would add up fast in large quantities I suppose).

It's too bad because Nintendo makes a lot of games that would be nice Player's Choice type titles, if they were as religious about releasing them as Sony is with their Greatest Hits.

mario rpg, paper mario 64 and super paper mario are all quite different. I loved mario rpg, found paper mario 64 mediocre and really enjoyed super paper mario.
The levels of super paper mario are great, and the flip mechanics are solid- wish there was even more to it. If you have played the psp game crush, it is a very refreshing way of thinking about how to play videogames.
The hub world and between levels is rather boring. There is stuff to do and explore but I passed most of it over since I wanted to play the next levels. The story is one of the few mario stories I remember and some of the dialogue, whether intentional or not, is hilariously awful.

It is a good deal of fun to play, if I hadn't bought it at $50, I would definitely get it now at $40.

Loved Mario RPG. Super Paper Mario wasn't bad either, but as some people have said it's only fun in short bursts. I got kinda bored with it if I played it too long. Definitely wait for 30

I picked this game up during the blockbuster 5 for $25 coupon fiasco. Started to play it and lost a bit of interest...still think no mario RPG will match SM RPG for SNES

[quote name='Antic']Loved Mario RPG. Super Paper Mario wasn't bad either, but as some people have said it's only fun in short bursts. I got kinda bored with it if I played it too long. Definitely wait for 30[/QUOTE]

Maybe that was my problem. I was trying to put in 6 hours a day or whatever, and just got sick of it.

[quote name='animemaniac14']I picked this game up during the blockbuster 5 for $25 coupon fiasco. Started to play it and lost a bit of interest...still think no mario RPG will match SM RPG for SNES[/QUOTE]

I think so too. If you haven't though, check out Mario & Luigi 2 on the DS. I don't like it as much as Super Mario RPG, but I still really enjoyed it and I think those are stronger than the Paper Mario games, especially the second one. Better graphics too IMO.

bread's done
Back