Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishin The Lord of Elemental, JP: May; Trailer!

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
Promo video
1st Trailer
Those who keep up with Famitsu news may remember that the end of this week's issue teased that they would be revealing a new SRPG this week. Well, it seems that, according to this NeoGAF topic, a Japanese retailer let the cat out of the bag. Despite the fact that OG Saga Endless Frontier 2 was just released in Japan, the new game is going to be a Super Robot Taisen title: a DS remake of the SNES title "Super Robot Taisen Gaiden: Masou kishin Lord of Elemental." (Sometimes referred to simply as Masoukishin)

The folks who played the GBA OG titles may remember Masaki Andou, Shu Shirakawa, and their respective suits Cybuster and Granzon. Well, Masoukishin is the title that explained their back-story, covers Masaki's adventures in the lands of La Gias, fighting against Shu Shirakawa's evil plans. Besides being the first SRT to use an entirely original cast, Masoukishin was unique in that it opted for more realistic-looking robot sprites, rather than the Super-Deformed style used in all of the other SRT games.

Famitsu scans are expected to arrive next week.

[quote name='duckroll of NeoGAF']- 27th May 2010
- Nintendo DS
- 6090yen
- Not done in SD, real robot sprites like the original
- Brand new high quality attack animations
- Arrangement of gameplay systems based on the original game with refinements of more recent SRW games
- Retains all the feel of the original title[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
The first screenshots were revealed today:
4582224499328-2.jpg

It looks like they're keeping the real robot art style, but they've enhanced the mecha graphics and modernized the character portraits and attack animations. To compare, here's a video from the SNES version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBQ0Db9DNkU

I am probably the only person who played 4th Super Robot Taisen so I am really looking forward to this. On a related note I am done with Super Robot Taise K (only 6 more stages to go)

I loved the 2 SRT OG games on the GBA and keep looking for deals on the SRT OF game for the DS. I see other ones on ebay all the time but they're all 100% in japanese and even though they'd play on my us ds none of the text is english, right?

Interesting... And this is that SRW game that adds height in an isometric battlefield, like in Tactics Ogre.

And besides I'm more excited for this game. I hope this will be miles better than K.

bread's done
Back