Super Smash Bros. Brawl $38.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at the pathetic losers who need to have this game the second it comes out.

It's a 25% savings we're talking about here.

But... it's says 5-10 business days. Say they don't start shipping it until the day prior to release, you could (in theory) not get it until a week after release. A damn week! I don't know how great they are with their shipping but that thread here about them shipping Heavenly Sword weeks later does not look good. But this is "cheapassgamer" so maybe saving a few bucks is worth getting it late.

So? Why must you have a new game the second it comes out?

If it's about spoilers, Sakurai's said that Japan's getting this game first anyways, so all the hidden characters, stages, items, and whatever will be public knowledge before any Yankee gets to touch it.

If it's about playing as early as possible, can't school and/or work keep you busy for those few extra days? Good lord, maybe it's a difference in philosophy, but some people really need to get lives.

I dunno. I played TP a month later, waiting for the GameCube version release, and I had a blast with it over Christmas and New Year's.

You know, it's nothing personal if someone decides to get it elsewhere to play it release day, so what's with the insults and piss poor attitude? Whatever the outcome, it's no skin off your back, so cut the shit.

Having said that, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='iGen']So? Why must you have a new game the second it comes out?[/QUOTE]

I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE IT'S WORTH THE EXTRA $10 TO SOME PEOPLE TO PLAY THE GAME RIGHT AWAY.

YOU KNOW, HOW LIKE SOME PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERING OPINIONS AND SHIT.

Answer your own fucking questions from now on.

Wow, how about this then?

I would pay EIGHTY DOLLARS to play this game right now. How do you like that? I would pay THIRTY DOLLARS more than retail to play this game months before release. That's FORTY ONE DOLLARS more than what I would pay for it at "family video".

How angry does that make you?

Who's the ass?

I find a hot deal and come here to share it with you all out of pure kindness, and what I get in return is people telling me "ZOMG THIS DEAL ISN'T WORTH IT I NEED TO HAVE THIS GAME ON THE VERY FIRST SECOND I'M A PATHETIC HOPELESSLY ADDICTED SMASH FANBOY OMGOMGOMG"

I'd pay $80 for it too, just to scalp it on eBay for all the failures who are obsessed with Smash beyond normal, acceptable levels. I wouldn't really feel sorry for those folks, just like how I laugh at the losers who paid $200+ for Halo 3 pre-release or $5000 for the PS3 on launch date.

[quote name='zerowing']I'll buy it here, then at a B&M, keep the reciept and return the FV copy[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing. The best of both worlds: playing the game on release day while maintaining my honor of being a cheapass.

BTW, has anyone tried creating a new account after having bought a game from them previously? I want to save that extra $2.

[quote name='evergoo']That's what I'm doing. The best of both worlds: playing the game on release day while maintaining my honor of being a cheapass.

BTW, has anyone tried creating a new account after having bought a game from them previously? I want to save that extra $2.[/quote]Now that's a smart idea. Hats off to you.

I made a second account on Family Video just for ordering this and Mario Galaxy. Haven't heard any complaints yet.

[quote name='iGen']Who's the ass?

I find a hot deal and come here to share it with you all out of pure kindness, and what I get in return is people telling me "ZOMG THIS DEAL ISN'T WORTH IT I NEED TO HAVE THIS GAME ON THE VERY FIRST SECOND I'M A PATHETIC HOPELESSLY ADDICTED SMASH FANBOY OMGOMGOMG"[/quote]

dawson-emo.jpg

I find a hot deal and come here to share it with you all out of pure kindness, and what I get in return is people telling me "ZOMG THIS DEAL ISN'T WORTH IT I NEED TO HAVE THIS GAME ON THE VERY FIRST SECOND I'M A PATHETIC HOPELESSLY ADDICTED SMASH FANBOY OMGOMGOMG"[/quote]

Someone made a throwaway comment about preferring to have it on day one, in response you call people with that mindset pathetic losers.

I don't know who's being an ass, but you are sensitive.

[quote name='Katslover']Thought about jumping on this, but then I realized that I NEED this game the moment it comes out.[/QUOTE]
Truth. The extra $11 for even a day is necessary.

I find a hot deal and come here to share it with you all out of pure kindness, and what I get in return is people telling me "ZOMG THIS DEAL ISN'T WORTH IT I NEED TO HAVE THIS GAME ON THE VERY FIRST SECOND I'M A PATHETIC HOPELESSLY ADDICTED SMASH FANBOY OMGOMGOMG"[/QUOTE]

WTF? One guy makes one comment and you get your panties in a fucking uproar. Don't try to act like the victim. A lot of people are going to take advantage of this deal, don't act all high and mighty and make it seem like we're ungrateful you prick.

I would pay EIGHTY DOLLARS to play this game right now. How do you like that? I would pay THIRTY DOLLARS more than retail to play this game months before release.

That was an everyday accurance for me back when I bought Sega Saturn Imports..Then to find out It was Never released Stateside or came out a year later. We chose to do it.:roll:

Anyone else having trouble making the coupon codes work? I've already used both before, so maybe they're single use.

Almost bought this, but at $45 I'm better off buying somewhere faster.

From the look of this game, i believe this game is worth few extra bucks to get it on launch day. Thanks op for the deal though. From the Heavenly Sword fiasco, i'm not gonna deal with FV anymore (unless bargain on old games, but not new releases). And yes, still pissed, went to TRU yesterday didn't get HS b/c it's in transit... And no, still no HS yet...

I keep holdin myself off, thinking that EB or somethin will have some great pre-order deal, maybe something as great as the bonus we got from reserving wind waker... ya guys think so?

For those wondering about the ship date, it says on their site

Availability:This product will be in stock and ready to ship on Tuesday 04 December, 2007

Not that it didnt say this for Heavenly Sword (I dont know)....

[quote name='Katslover']Thought about jumping on this, but then I realized that I NEED this game the moment it comes out.[/QUOTE]

QFT, besides I already have it payed off in full at EBGS.

[quote name='iGen']LOL at the pathetic losers who need to have this game the second it comes out.

It's a 25% savings we're talking about here.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Don't be such a prick, you found a deal that anyone could, and will, stumble across. You really didn't do anyone a huge service. In fact, you're more of an annoyance than a help. Do us all a favor and keep to yourself.

[quote name='Mako1215']Id do it if i had the 40$ layin around.
icon8.gif

any idea how long there gunna be doin this[/quote]

Doesn't familyvideo only charge your credit card once the game ships?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']QFT, besides I already have it payed off in full at EBGS.[/quote] And you're stupid enough to give them an interest-free loan! Great job there, fool! :applause:

[quote name='rcx4']Doesn't familyvideo only charge your credit card once the game ships?[/quote]
FamilyVideo doesn't charge you until your item ships. Which is a far better business practice than a certain retail chain known as GayStop, which requires customers to give them interest-free loans.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'] Don't be such a prick, you found a deal that anyone could, and will, stumble across. You really didn't do anyone a huge service. In fact, you're more of an annoyance than a help. Do us all a favor and keep to yourself.[/quote] O RLY?

Also, "loser" is an understatement for the "must have on first second" folks. And the competitive players. :)

Actually - thanks OP. I think this is a really great deal. For those of you who say "it's only saving $13", that's actually pretty damn good considering it's about 25% of the value. Also, you can't be a true CAG if that's not enough for you.

No way am I waiting... I'm getting this bitch on day one.

Plus, after the Persona 3 preorder- I'm not going to bother with Family Video anymore.

For those who need it the second it comes out...it's fine, just don't call yourself a CAG.

It's not like I don't have a ton of games I can play for a week while I wait for this to ship. I'll keep my $11 thank you.

Wow iGen is an ass.

With FamilyVideo..it'll probably take more than a week after release to get the game. (And even if you do cancel...they'll ship anyways, in my experience).

When EBgames.com had their $5 Off $50 deal, I pre-ordered it with Overnight Shipping, and with the claim of "Street Date Delivery", that's pretty good.

[quote name='Joseph Condello']Yeah I need this game the moment it comes out as well. $11 isn't worth waiting another week. I want it NOW! NOW! NOW![/quote]
agree i waited like 5-6 years for this game

Ah, I'm already getting this game free through PrizeRebel. I wish they would have let me order from somewhere other than Amazon though... save me some points.

To those of you who took advantage of this deal, I'm glad I helped you save $10. Consider that a free breakfast/lunch on me.

[quote name='OldKai']When EBgames.com had their $5 Off $50 deal, I pre-ordered it with Overnight Shipping, and with the claim of "Street Date Delivery", that's pretty good.[/quote]
LMAO overnight shipping.

[quote name='lilchubz11']agree i waited like 5-6 years for this game[/quote]
It's just another Smash game, not the next coming of Jesus. Smash is fun, but the gameplay itself really hasn't evolved all that much, and you know it. It's just being hyped to hell because of the blog updates.

Well it going to be a month wait becasue this game releaese in December, and we all know it going to be hell in the delievery offices.

[quote name='panasonic']If i preorder it today am i charged right away or went sent?[/quote]

When sented.

[quote name='iGen']To those of you who took advantage of this deal, I'm glad I helped you save $10. Consider that a free breakfast/lunch on me.

LMAO overnight shipping.

It's just another Smash game, not the next coming of Jesus. Smash is fun, but the gameplay itself really hasn't evolved all that much, and you know it. It's just being hyped to hell because of the blog updates.[/quote]

Heh, I kind of agree. I think that the game is almost getting too much hype from bloggers, forums, etc. I mean, I thought Melee was an awesome game , but not "ZOMG IT'S SUPER SMASH BROS THE GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD!!!" good. Hopefully it won't be a letdown.

[quote name='Blade70']Well it going to be a month wait becasue this game releaese in December, and we all know it going to be hell in the delievery offices.

When sented.[/quote]
sented lol. I assume that was a joke. Thanks for answer:D

Decent deal, but chances are, there will be SOME coupon floating around or some sale that will be worth jumping on to get it day one.

And @ the OP, What the fuck? SSBB is obviously an incredibly hyped up game, and you go out of your way to post this deal, then bash the game, and the people who play it? Let me ask you this, if you know about all these blogs and such, you are obviously already a loser, so are you just trying to bring people down with you because they don't like you deal? Also, by what you said, do you mean to say that EVERYONE waiting and buying Halo 3 on Tuesday is a loser? Or what about the people who waited in line for a 360/Wii/PS3? I mean God damn, you are on a site for gamers, and call other people losers, maybe you should take a good long look in the mirror, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back