Super Smash Bros Ultimate Limited Edition (Game + Steelbook + Pro Controller) BestBuy $139.99

gnugget5

CAGiversary!
I just saw this listing and figured I'd pass along the information to the CAG community. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-nintendo-switch/6255361.p?skuId=6255361

Looks like the edition comes with the game, a steelbook, and a limited edition pro controller.  BestBuy is showing it as eligible for a $10 rewards certificate, and the GCU discount still applies (should you still have an active account). 

I can't imagine that this will remain in stock for very long, especially since BestBuy is pretty much the only retailer with major Day 1 discounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I already pre-ordered the regular game (with the $10 reward), would I still get an additional $10 reward if I pre-order this one now?

I take it this is the actual Limited Edition bundle?  It's frustrating how confusing this bundle is.

Also, is anyone else having an issue with their GCU not applying?  Mine is good for a while and it's not giving me 20% off any games.

I was just able to preorder so it seems like it’s back in stock for the time being.
I was getting the yellow preorder button several times this morning but it would always say "out of stock for shipping" when I clicked on the yellow preorder button. Kind of like what the Spider-Man PS4 Pro system is doing right now for me on the website, and like what the Limited 50K PS4 Pro did around 1:15am- 1:30am last Friday morning.

Is this really a good deal though? Sure you get 20% off the controller and game at the same time, but I feel like they're also charging $10 for the steelbook, which for me is the thing I want least. So overall you're only saving like $5.

Is this really a good deal though? Sure you get 20% off the controller and game at the same time, but I feel like they're also charging $10 for the steelbook, which for me is the thing I want least. So overall you're only saving like $5.
Well, the math says that this is a good deal (with GCU). I don't love the Pro Controller or Steelbook case, but I already was going to buy the game and didn't have it pre-ordered yet, my GCU is expiring before it comes out, and I wouldn't mind having a second Pro Controller. For me this was an easy buy to lock in that GCU discount, get $10 back, and secure a copy before it sold out.

I think it's a no brainer if you have GCU but really a non-deal if you don't, especially if they're planning on selling the bundled items separately. But hey, you know, it's Nintendo.

I'm a massive Smash Bros. nut...but I'm passing on this.  Keeping my standard edition preorder open.

I already have a Pro Controller, and it's the much nicer looking Splatoon edition controller.

I won't be using a Pro Controller for Smash; I'm surprised there are that many that are.

And, that Pro Controller design is pretty ugly, in my opinion.  (I do like the white/black color scheme though.)

Hopefully, I could pick up the steelbook on the cheap down the road.

I was getting the yellow preorder button several times this morning but it would always say "out of stock for shipping" when I clicked on the yellow preorder button. Kind of like what the Spider-Man PS4 Pro system is doing right now for me on the website, and like what the Limited 50K PS4 Pro did around 1:15am- 1:30am last Friday morning.
Well dang... I've been trying to get this smash bros deal for the last 2 days unsuccessfully. But after I saw what you said here I just got an order in for the 500 million PS4 Pro. It looks like it's still available to add to cart if anyone else is interested.

I picked it up yesterday. Not a amazing deal even with gcu in my own personal opinion. Some savings is better then no savings. I did need a pro controller ( sick of the joy cons) and planned on getting the game so it was worth it to me.

I prefer the UK limited edition w/ the gamecube controller & adapter...that's just my opinion.

The steelbook looks nice...but i'll prefer if they had all the characters on the steelbook (maybe they have it inside)

I prefer the UK limited edition w/ the gamecube controller & adapter...that's just my opinion.

The steelbook looks nice...but i'll prefer if they had all the characters on the steelbook (maybe they have it inside)
The inside is just a picture of what looks like the Battlefield stage.

Damn I had no idea these were going to sell out like this. Got this and the uk le preordered, not sure which to keep.

Sorry for double post, but just saw the design for the controller:

c5YPwxk.jpg

I'm keeping my money.
Doesn't the GameCube controller work on the Switch for Smash? That seems like the better option , especially since I think the Pokemon controller didn't need an adaptor. This Switch special one is ok, but as someone else said the fire logo would have been better in color and I see white grips getting *very* dirty from all the sweaty hands playing long marathon sessions while eating Cheetos.

I'm a massive Smash Bros. nut...but I'm passing on this. Keeping my standard edition preorder open.

I already have a Pro Controller, and it's the much nicer looking Splatoon edition controller.

I won't be using a Pro Controller for Smash; I'm surprised there are that many that are.

And, that Pro Controller design is pretty ugly, in my opinion. (I do like the white/black color scheme though.)

Hopefully, I could pick up the steelbook on the cheap down the road.
I definitely will be playing Smash Bros. with a GameCube controller, but I still ordered this for an extra Pro Controller. It'll be nice for my wife and friends that come over. No one likes using a single JoyCon!

Just got an order through at BB. Not sure what the stock on these is going to be but better to preorder with GCU still active than to go OOS again.

Am I the only one that finds this not that great a deal without the GCU? I can't get myself to finalize my purchase on Amazon even though I have it in my cart. The controller isn't that great looking to me as well.

Am I the only one that finds this not that great a deal without the GCU? I can't get myself to finalize my purchase on Amazon even though I have it in my cart. The controller isn't that great looking to me as well.
this

without 20% off these $100+ special editions are looking rather meh.

There's no way I'd use the pro controller for Smash. I'd just want an extra pro for other games like Kart or something. I went all in on Smash for WiiU so I already have the GC adapter and two Smash GC controllers.

Even though I ordered it from Amazon, I am waiting for Best Buy to hopefully restock so I can use GCU. I don't really want to keep the Amazon order.

Yeah the controller is fine imo, I just want the steelbook - and I don't even collect steelbooks. You put something in all black, I'm all over it. Switch game cases are ugly as sin, so I desperately want the one that finally isn't.

If anyone is iffy on their BB preorder, let me know and I'm more than happy to take it over! Since the $10 cert doesn't stack on multiple copies, I can switch my preorder of the standard game to you to pass on the $10 savings.

Just got one at bestbuy! It's back in stock
Appears to be gone again

Are these one per account at Best buy? I got one in yesterday but my brother wants one and he doesn't have GCU. Got one in on amazon for him, but $140 is too steep for him.

Appears to be gone again

Are these one per account at Best buy? I got one in yesterday but my brother wants one and he doesn't have GCU. Got one in on amazon for him, but $140 is too steep for him.
I'm not sure - typically, when BestBuy places limits on things, they limit to one per order. However, it can sometimes be possible to place multiple orders of 1x each (YMMV). I would not recommend ever placing more than 2x, especially for a video game item, since more than 3x is the limit for GCU termination and I wouldn't ever want to tempt fate by simply reaching the limit. GCU ban hammers are likely at full strength and GCU-active accounts are going to become increasingly rare with every passing month.

I wish I could get the steelbook and not buy another pro controller.

I do really like the look of the controller but not enough to pay $70 for one I don't need.

I was able to order a copy of this last night around 1:30am.  Put it in the cart and initially it said it wasn't available for shipping when I hit the "checkout" button.  Hit the "Checkout" button about ten more times and it finally let me checkout with it.

I'm mentioning it now because just a few minutes ago I noticed it was showing as available on the site again and it does let you add it to cart.  Just keep hitting the "checkout" button and you may get lucky and land one!

Any other perks of this edition besides the steelbook and packed-in controller? Does it include the season pass or whatever? Is SSB even doing a season pass? Its so hard to keep up with fighting games and all the different DLC scenarios nowadays. 

This isn’t specific to this limited edition as the regular version has it also but thought I would let people know. There is a free coin just like they did with Mario last year. You can check it out on the listing for the game.

Any other perks of this edition besides the steelbook and packed-in controller? Does it include the season pass or whatever? Is SSB even doing a season pass? Its so hard to keep up with fighting games and all the different DLC scenarios nowadays.
Steelbook ,game, and controller is it. There is no dlc included and no they haven’t announced anything about that yet.

I was able to order a copy of this last night around 1:30am. Put it in the cart and initially it said it wasn't available for shipping when I hit the "checkout" button. Hit the "Checkout" button about ten more times and it finally let me checkout with it.

I'm mentioning it now because just a few minutes ago I noticed it was showing as available on the site again and it does let you add it to cart. Just keep hitting the "checkout" button and you may get lucky and land one!
Nice, glad ya got one!

Got it in my cart with the same shipping unavailable notification, tried off and on for about a couple of hours - notification changed to a flat "out of stock" notification. I'm going to keep trying, but my hope isn't high.

I was able to order a copy of this last night around 1:30am. Put it in the cart and initially it said it wasn't available for shipping when I hit the "checkout" button. Hit the "Checkout" button about ten more times and it finally let me checkout with it.

I'm mentioning it now because just a few minutes ago I noticed it was showing as available on the site again and it does let you add it to cart. Just keep hitting the "checkout" button and you may get lucky and land one!
When I check it is listed as add to cart preorder now. I login in and it's listed as coming soon, so I log back out and it's back to add to cart lol.
I try it on my phone and it appeared in my cart buy no shipping options are available please try again later.

Don't actually want this but since I have GCU still I preordered it anyway just in case. Knowing me I'll get all hyped a week before it comes out and regret not ordering when I could.

Does Best Buy still do their weekly pre-auths until the release date?
I've never had weekly pre-authorizations from Best Buy. I usually get one pre-auth at time of purchase which falls off after a week. Then I get one a few days before they ship - this one becomes the actual charge. Occasionally I will get an additional pre-auth if a change is made to the order (for example a change in the release date) but these are few and far between. Definitely not every week.

bread's done
Back