Super Street Fighter 4 Pre-order Deals

LostRoad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Old thread was closed due to needless bitching. This thread is only for posting any and all upcoming pre-order deals for the upcoming Super Street Fighter 4 on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Amazon -

Amazon.com Exclusive-Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Super Street Fighter IV and get the Super Classic Costume Pack, which features all-new alternate costumes for Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen and Fei Long. Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1268326981&sr=8-1

Gamestop/ EBgames -

Reserve the Super Street Fighter IV and receive a pack of two Street Fighter, thumb fighters. Characters will be chosen at random. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Online Customers: Thumb fighters will ship with your game.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: Thumb fighters will be available at time of game pick-up.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76131

PlayAsia-

While not a deal this is the only way to get a collectors edition of the game as of now.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-super+street+fighter-70-3qva.html

Not familiar with PlayAsia... I'm assuming they're version is imported.

What does the Collector's Ed come with anyway aside from an extra CD soundtrack...?

So the amazon costume pack only has different costumes for 5 fighters? If that's the case i might just try to wait for a sale and get this with infamous, and the gta dlc for $80.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Not familiar with PlayAsia... I'm assuming they're version is imported.

What does the Collector's Ed come with anyway aside from an extra CD soundtrack...?[/QUOTE]

Looks like its also 20 dollars more then a regular copy.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']So the amazon costume pack only has different costumes for 5 fighters? If that's the case i might just try to wait for a sale and get this with infamous, and the gta dlc for $80.[/QUOTE]
The Costume Pack will probably be 1 of 6 or so packs they'll be releasing later on via DLC like they did with the original SFIV.

If you plan on getting ALL the costume sets when they become available later on, this pack might not be so free as originally intended...

The original SFIV Collector's Edition came with a free Brawlers Pack. But it ended up being not-so-free when Capcom bundled all the 5 packs together for cheap in the Xbox Marketplace as an All-in-One set.

So even when you did get 1 free pack, purchasing all the remaining 4 packs ended up being practically the same price as just buying Capcom's All-in-One pack.

If this will be the same case for Super SFIV, I'll just wait for Xbox Marketplace to have them ALL bundled up for sale if I miss out on this.

Huh, I didn't realize that old thread I made was locked.
From all the deals so far, I think the Amazon.com costumes seems the most appealing.

[quote name='apathylad']Huh, I didn't realize that old thread I made was locked.
From all the deals so far, I think the Amazon.com costumes seems the most appealing.[/QUOTE]
Depends.

Remember those limited trading cards that came when pre-ordering Tatsunoko vs Capcom from GS?

You get 8 free cards per pre-order.

Just a couple weeks ago, a single card on eBay was going as much as $7 - $8 each. That's around an $64 value if you sell them all.

I don't know if the SFIV thumb fighters will be as popular as trading cards, but...

Gonna hold out for either A) Amazon to add a $10 credit to this, or B) the weekly ads to drop at BB/Target/TRU. Somebody's bound to have a gift card, or maybe one of those handy B1Gwhatever off. If not, I may just go Amazon anyway for the costumes and tax/shipping savings with my prime.

If I get this it'll be through Amazon since I still don't know what to do with my BFBC2 $20 credit, aside from just buying MS points. I'll probably try to trade/sell the costume pack code. I'd bet my console on Capcom doing the exact same thing as last time - releasing a new pack every once in a while at inflated prices, then bundling them all together at a discount.

[quote name='KaneRobot']If I get this it'll be through Amazon since I still don't know what to do with my BFBC2 $20 credit, aside from just buying MS points. I'll probably try to trade/sell the costume pack code. I'd bet my console on Capcom doing the exact same thing as last time - releasing a new pack every once in a while at inflated prices, then bundling them all together at a discount.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, but you can't fault just Capcom for that. Most companies that release DLC do stuff like that.

[quote name='SDC']I could swear that someone from Capcom of America mentioned a possible collector's package.[/QUOTE]

They did, Seth mentioned it recently in an interview. I know nothing else beyond that though. =\

bread's done
Back