Super Street Fighter IV (360/PS3) $27.99 + $10 GC + $5 MP3 Credit at Amazon

If you have not tried Street Fighter you might as well get the most complete one yet for $18 -- it came out last month by the way.

dear god that's like charity.

Crap, I just bought SSFIV from gamestop last week. Amazon has free shipping AND NO TAX. It is also generally a better store with more selection to use the credit.

I should've waited. :wall:

Totally worth it. If I didn't get it for "free" after giftcards at Target, I'd buy it with real monies from Amazon at this price

Bah! I bought it used from GS with a $10 card last week (came out to $20 + $10 card). I would rather have purchased it new from Amazon.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Sweet Deal. I guess I should sell the original now, since it seems obsolete.[/QUOTE]
Might as well, whenever somebody asks me to play SFIV now, I automatically assume they're talking about SSFIV. Going back to SFIV after SSFIV just doesn't feel right, it's like two completely different games. Sell that mofo'!

whats the bonus you get for having the original? i had the original and sold it already, do i need the disk to get the bonus or does it just read your saves/achievements?

Question... I have $30 in vg credit at Amazon, so what happens to that leftover money if I order this for $27.99? Do I keep the $2.01, or is it just sort of lost forever?

I.. don't think I can resist. I was really looking for something to use my $25 Gamestop gift card on, but this.. this is a most excellent deal of deals.

[quote name='postulio']whats the bonus you get for having the original? i had the original and sold it already, do i need the disk to get the bonus or does it just read your saves/achievements?[/QUOTE]

No, you just need the save file. The bonus was color 11 and 12 for all characters. However, "color" 11 is actually a heavy ink filter like the trailers for the original SFIV and "color" 12 is the sketch art filter like in the SSFIV trailers. It's nothing big, but it's still nice to have a small bonus for buying the first.

[quote name='007']Question... I have $30 in vg credit at Amazon, so what happens to that leftover money if I order this for $27.99? Do I keep the $2.01, or is it just sort of lost forever?[/QUOTE]
No, it's all or nothing. When you checkout, you can choose whether or not you want to use your Promotional credit though.

[quote name='icedrake523']No, it's all or nothing. When you checkout, you can choose whether or not you want to use your Promotional credit though.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. You can actually apply any and all credit to an order, and whatever is not used will remain in your account...just like a gift card.

[quote name='Cykanine']what a dilemma! I vowed not to buy this game after paying 60 dollars for the first one....[/QUOTE]
Yeah I bought the first one and haven't played it all that much. I'd feel silly buying SSFIV considering how little I've played SFIV but man, that's a tough deal to pass up.

Ordered. Got the $5 credit almost instantly. Awaiting the $10 credit. Locked the trade into gazelle just in case, so I can have some time to play it and determine if it is worth keeping. If not I can at least trade it in and break even, and then use that credit + the $10 game credit to get me a white DS3... yay. Thanks for the deal OP.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Wrong. You can actually apply any and all credit to an order, and whatever is not used will remain in your account...just like a gift card.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the case when I used it. But I haven't had a VG credit since Christmas.

How long does it usually take for the $10 credit to appear? I bought one for my co-worker, and hope to rebuy another one with the $10 credit I got from his.

General Amazon question in regards to the game credit. If you buy the game for both systems in the same transaction, will you get both sets of $10 credit[one per game purchase] or just one? Thanks.

These soon after release super sales make me feel so dirty and stupid for placing a preorder. Way to screw over pledged early sales.

Of course I'd be jumping for joy had I waited like I normally would. fuckers.

[quote name='Hibiwa']These soon after release super sales make me feel so dirty and stupid for placing a preorder. Way to screw over pledged early sales.

Of course I'd be jumping for joy had I waited like I normally would. fuckers.[/QUOTE]
This is Cheapassgamer. Who preorders and pays full price for a game?

[quote name='redline']This is Cheapassgamer. Who preorders and pays full price for a game?[/QUOTE]

It was discounted and had $10 credit. :cool:

[quote name='redline']This is Cheapassgamer. Who preorders and pays full price for a game?[/QUOTE]

Lots of people on here do. Many Amazon games offer incentives like $10 credit (in rare cases $20), pre-order bonuses, bundle deals...

Just threw it onto my 30% off Amazon order, so got it for $19 shipped (paid with credit) :) With the $10 game credit, it is like I paid $9 Amazon credit. I couldn't pass on that.

[quote name='Moses144']Just when Gamestop finally offers a good deal, Amazon comes and rapes it.[/QUOTE]

And how is this a bad thing? I shop at GS too but I would vastly prefer Amazon due to amazon prime and the fact that I wont get a gutted game. :roll:

Oh yeah and the no tax thing makes amazon >>>>>>>>>>>> GS any day of the week.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']And how is this a bad thing? I shop at GS too but I would vastly prefer Amazon due to amazon prime and the fact that I wont get a gutted game. :roll:

Oh yeah and the no tax thing makes amazon >>>>>>>>>>>> GS any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Not trolling but I have ordered over $5k in new games over past year from GS.com and NONE have came gutted. Gutted only exists in stores due to their security issues.

Amazon is still better!

[quote name='swolgam']Not trolling but I have ordered over $5k in new games over past year from GS.com and NONE have came gutted. Gutted only exists in stores due to their security issues.

Amazon is still better![/QUOTE]

I have gotten 2 in the last 10 months or so. It really isn't a big deal and I can deal with it in store but online that is unacceptable.

But yeah Amazon is way better though :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']And how is this a bad thing? I shop at GS too but I would vastly prefer Amazon due to amazon prime and the fact that I wont get a gutted game. :roll:

Oh yeah and the no tax thing makes amazon >>>>>>>>>>>> GS any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

I never said it was a bad thing.

What a great deal. I never understood why people who were so hell bent on getting the new characters as DLC were against buying a game for 40 dollars. Now almost half price =\ madness!

Hard to pass this up. Used the 20$ credit from RDR towards this so it ended up being 7$, and then getting a 10$ credit from this... not a huge fan of fighting games but can't pass up a deal like this.

Just want to mention this can also be traded in at Gamestop for 28 TIC (20 base + 30% current promo +10% edge card) until June 6th. Not bad for a free $10 game credit. Also the game is absolutely worth the effective $20 you would be paying for it.

Crap, I'm sold. My AMZN credit is going fast. First Borderlands, now this.

EDIT: I think I'll go rent the first one just to unlock the extra costume filters. Does it matter how far you've progressed in the first one?

[quote name='eugaet']Crap, I'm sold. My AMZN credit is going fast. First Borderlands, now this.

EDIT: I think I'll go rent the first one just to unlock the extra costume filters. Does it matter how far you've progressed in the first one?[/QUOTE]

I own SFIV, but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about or asking. I haven't looked into it. I do remember Capcom promising that owners of SFIV would get something FREE??? since SSFIV was coming out, but I never heard an update to that.

[quote name='eugaet']Crap, I'm sold. My AMZN credit is going fast. First Borderlands, now this.

EDIT: I think I'll go rent the first one just to unlock the extra costume filters. Does it matter how far you've progressed in the first one?[/QUOTE]

No, it just wants to see a save.

[quote name='Hardware']I own SFIV, but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about or asking. I haven't looked into it. I do remember Capcom promising that owners of SFIV would get something FREE??? since SSFIV was coming out, but I never heard an update to that.[/QUOTE]It's as he said, if you have a save file from the original SF4, you get two graphical filters to use with each character. One draws a thicker line around the outline of the character, the other gives them a water color appearance.

[quote name='eugaet']EDIT: I think I'll go rent the first one just to unlock the extra costume filters. Does it matter how far you've progressed in the first one?[/QUOTE]
I'd say save yourself the money and don't even bother to unlock the two filters. They look terrible. Make sure you take a look on the Internet first to see if you really think it'd be worth your money.

Got one, I have $40 of Amazon credit and I really couldn't resist this deal its too good to pass up. Its like amazon is giving me 10 bucks to buy it. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back