Super Street Fighter IV - SPRING 2010 - Stand Alone Release

MasterSun1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
If it isn't broke, don't fix it! Capcom returns to their roots with Super Street Fighter IV, an enhanced version of Street Fighter IV with gameplay tweaks and new characters.

http://kotaku.com/5369773/super-street-fighter-iv-confirmed-is-standalone-title

I'm not even gonna try to tell you guys to keep the arguing about DLC vs. Retail Disc to a minimum.

Discuss.

INFORMATION
Confirmed New Characters: T.Hawk, Dee Jay, Juri (new)
Rumored: Dudley, Makoto, Ibuki, Adon, Guy, Cody, Hakan (new)

I'm in.
This won't be out for another year and its a pretty big update. I hope they add a full lobby and throw in some new backgrounds.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I'm in.
This won't be out for another year and its a pretty big update. I hope they add a full lobby and throw in some new backgrounds.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for the them to implement lobbies :). Oh yes, SSFIV CAG Nights!

Hurray! I love my clairvoyance on this one. I felt that they'd throw out some super ultimate mega extra edition. Glad I only played my friends, which he already sold awhile back fearing this same thing would happen (made $40 out of the 50 it cost him). I'll just pick this up whenever it comes out.

Once the rumor came out a few weeks ago that this might happen my copy of SFIV was on the first train out of my house. I'll gladly purchase the Super version, but I hope they make it worth it.

It'll probably be one of those awesome 5 dollar costume packs if you have bought both games.

I know its a small, small hope, but I hope this is released instead of the Greatest Hits version of SF4 at 29.99, but i'm guessing it'll be 40-50.

[quote name='diddy310']I hope this is released instead of the Greatest Hits version of SF4 at 29.99[/QUOTE]

isn't this what happened with Colonies and DMC3:SE?

there's more than just a hint of hope

OP- you have 10 characters listed, but the press release only says 8.

Everyone is so excited about Dudley- but I recall reading some interview with Capcom where they mention that Dudley wasn't one of the options they were considering at this time.

[quote name='nbballard']OP- you have 10 characters listed, but the press release only says 8.

Everyone is so excited about Dudley- but I recall reading some interview with Capcom where they mention that Dudley wasn't one of the options they were considering at this time.[/QUOTE]

People aren't sure it's it's 8 additional to the 2 already revealed, or 8 total.

I'm leaning towards keeping my copy of SFIV despite this news. I didn't buy it at full price anyways, since I was a late adopter. I was very leery of any 3D Street Fighter game after my experience with the Street Fighter EX and Rival Schools series. They were admittedly pretty fun at first even despite how un-smooth the polygons looked, but the novelty of it like watching Skullomania perform his Skullo Dreams the first few times wore off much faster than the 2D Capcom fighters for me.

Anyways, I digress. Street Fighter IV is one of the few games I have for PS3 that supports custom soundtrack though and I really dig the corny anime-style cutscenes. These features plus a solid fighting game makes it worth keeping for the price I paid for it. Plus I admit to being curious as to what sort of treat Capcom would offer up to those who own both copies. If it is an additional character I'm personally hoping for Felicia or J. Talbain from Darkstalkers, but that's probably very unlikely. :D What would other people like for a treat for buying both copies?

Any folks wanting to get rid of their SF4 copy might want to hold on to it just a bit longer. The Gamespot interview with Ono had him mention something about extra service for the ppl with the SF4 disc, so it wouldn't hurt to keep it a few days after it comes out...

Also, it's slated for SPRING 2010 release, so I don't see why people would want to start selling theirs right now :roll:

I look at it this way now. Capcom either makes the game or they don't. They obviously are making it, so tough on that. They don't need to care about the "feelings" of owners of the original. Moving on. I came up with this thought today:

Yoda DLC for Soul Calibur IV is $5 ($4.99). If we use that price point, 8 new characters would be $40.

Would you rather pay $40 for DLC that gives you 8 new characters (and that doesn't include all the changes in gameplay and whatever else they are going to give you)

OR

pay somewhere between $30 and $50 for a disc-released version that includes the same thing?

I'll take my disc-release. I understand that Yoda is just 1 character that is $5 and while more characters wouldn't necessarily be $5 each, that's the model I'm using. Thoughts?

[quote name='limelight022']You guys are seriously going to buy this? Just wait for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo next year.

We all know its gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

So? People will still buy the game. Just like people who have purchased Madden since the 1920s.

I'd buy this tomorrow for $60 if they released it.
If you enjoy the game as much as I do, then you know, that all these features are well worth it.
I just hope that all the characters are balanced right.

The only thing that bothers me is that I got my SFIV signed by Yoshinori Ono, Seth Killian, Daigo and Justin Wong. Well at least it can go on the shelf in spring and RIP.

my purchase is solely dependent on them nerfing Ken and Sagat so people don't use them as much. That and not making the tail end of Sagat's move connect and act like everything hit. That's bullshit.

I just picked this shit up and am a total noob. I can't even manage to string together the combos in the trial mode half the time.

What are good characters to start with, if there even are better/worse characters to start with, and are there any websites or youtube videos that are good to watch so I can get a better handle on combos and all that?

Thanks. Anyone still play this regularly? I'd be more than happy to get my ass handed to me in the process of learning the ropes.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I just picked this shit up and am a total noob. I can't even manage to string together the combos in the trial mode half the time.

What are good characters to start with, if there even are better/worse characters to start with, and are there any websites or youtube videos that are good to watch so I can get a better handle on combos and all that?

Thanks. Anyone still play this regularly? I'd be more than happy to get my ass handed to me in the process of learning the ropes.[/QUOTE]

Direct all attention to this thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250644&page=66

And prepare yourself, you are going to lose A LOT before you even come close to winning.

(there is no "easy" character. Rather go with what you believe is your play style)

bread's done
Back