Super Street Fighter IV Wireless FightPad + Question about it

riskzero

CAGiversary!
Hey folks looking to possibly get 2 of these for the ps3. Does anyone have any experience I've read 2 reviews saying to only get one of these because the other wouldnt work.

Anyone have 2 of these and have first hand experience with this situation?

Also Amazon has these for like 33 bucks, has anyone seen lower anywhere?

I should have waited for these to drop but I found the Akuma fightpad at GC when these first came out and jumped the gun.

I only have 1 pad but I'll give you my 2 cents.

It's a more than decent controller. the grips on the sides feel really nice and the buttons are responsive. the D-pad works nicely but takes some getting used to if you've only ever used the Playstation D-Pad. the wireless connectivity has never dropped out on me. there's no rumble but that's fine, less distractions when you're playing fighting games. I kind of wish the front of the pad wasn't so glossy and smooth but that's just my own complaint.

I'd suggest buying one, then trying it out. it's a good controller but it's only use is for fighting games.

I've used it on SFIV, SSFIV, MVC2, T6

oh, and I think it was below or right at $30 during black friday. I think $33 is the cheapest at the moment.

I only have the Ryu pad myself.

There are still certain things you can do on a pad that you can do on stick, and vice versa, such as plinking and karas. Some karas are damn near impossible on a pad simply because of the physical limitation of your thumbs.

Perhaps the other one wouldn't work because they both use the same RF signal to talk to each other? These wireless controllers aren't bluetooth - they have an RF dongle that you plug into the USB port of your PS3, so having two of the same RF dongle may screw things up, I don't know.

But I only have one pad, and I can tell you it works great! Moves come out smoothly, most combos with pad friendly characters (such as the one made infamous by Inthul, Fei Long) work well. Doesn't hurt to get one!

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']I should have waited for these to drop but I found the Akuma fightpad at GC when these first came out and jumped the gun.

I only have 1 pad but I'll give you my 2 cents.

It's a more than decent controller. the grips on the sides feel really nice and the buttons are responsive. the D-pad works nicely but takes some getting used to if you've only ever used the Playstation D-Pad. the wireless connectivity has never dropped out on me. there's no rumble but that's fine, less distractions when you're playing fighting games. I kind of wish the front of the pad wasn't so glossy and smooth but that's just my own complaint.

I'd suggest buying one, then trying it out. it's a good controller but it's only use is for fighting games.

I've used it on SFIV, SSFIV, MVC2, T6

oh, and I think it was below or right at $30 during black friday. I think $33 is the cheapest at the moment.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Keirnoth']I only have the Ryu pad myself.

There are still certain things you can do on a pad that you can do on stick, and vice versa, such as plinking and karas. Some karas are damn near impossible on a pad simply because of the physical limitation of your thumbs.

Perhaps the other one wouldn't work because they both use the same RF signal to talk to each other? These wireless controllers aren't bluetooth - they have an RF dongle that you plug into the USB port of your PS3, so having two of the same RF dongle may screw things up, I don't know.

But I only have one pad, and I can tell you it works great! Moves come out smoothly, most combos with pad friendly characters (such as the one made infamous by Inthul, Fei Long) work well. Doesn't hurt to get one![/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input guys I think I'll pick one up over the weekend! =D
I'm just curious about the damn dongle and 2 remotes. I wonder if I get a pad for street fighter IV and one for Super street fighter IV would work and not cause any interference..

bread's done
Back