Super Swing Golf Review

Golf on Wii Sports pisses me off enough for me to not even read this review before saying no.

*throws wiimote*

[quote name='rodeojones903']I'll wait for a review from a website that I have actually heard of before I make my mind up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going to wait for a few more reviews before I decide that this game is great or not.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I'm going to wait for a few more reviews before I decide that this game is great or not.[/quote]

Not me! *Eats hype with a spoon*

I have kind of had this game in mind after reading the IGN preview they had a while back, but I will have to wait and see if this is a purchase or not.

They seem to be on par with other gamesites on their Wii game reviews. I WANTED this game to be good, this review is a great start. I'd love this to be my 3 rd Wii game :)

Yeah, I think everyone is hoping that the big golf game will be Tiger Woods for relistic graphics but I wouldn't doubt we see games just thrown together quickly for the Wii that expand on Wii Sports.

You can download the game that this is based on for free for the PC. It's sort of a free online golf game and it's actually kind of fun. Don't know how the Wii's controls will work with it.

[quote name='bingbangboom']Yeah, I think everyone is hoping that the big golf game will be Tiger Woods for relistic graphics but I wouldn't doubt we see games just thrown together quickly for the Wii that expand on Wii Sports.[/quote]

I didn't buy my Wii for realistic graphics. Give me cartoony, highly expressive characters over Tiger Woods any day.

[quote name='hohez']I didn't buy my Wii for realistic graphics. Give me cartoony, highly expressive characters over Tiger Woods any day.[/quote]

:applause: :applause: i co sign. i got my 360 for that. i would like a game that makes the wii remote work perfectly with it, movement inch by inch matching. this game looks hot, i will make it my 3rd wii game. so it says released in dec 2nd , when does the USA get this game???

but then again, i wouldn't mind playing Tiger Woods on the Wii though, i will never buy any sports game for my 360 from now on, except maybe the next NBA2K8 OR LIVE 08

I love the pc version. It's called albatross 18.
PLays just like hot shots golf. If anyone gets this, please put up your own review of how the wiimote handles the swings and puts. (I know you can use it like a normal controller to swing/put, but I'm really interested in active swinging control)

I'm on the fence about a wii even though I want trauma center badly. If it turns out to be as fun as the pc version, It might force me to run out and get a wii :p

[quote name='rodeojones903']I'll wait for a review from a website that I have actually heard of before I make my mind up.[/QUOTE]
I trust GameBrink more then I trust GameSpot or IGN or GameSpy or EGM or ...

Well since the release date is today might as well wake this thread up. Doing more research on this game, it seems that Super Swing Golf is a port of a popular online PC Golf game (http://albatross18.com/season2/default.asp). I'm still trying to finish Zelda and Trauma Center, so game has to wait. I'm surprised there is no reviews for it yet.

I'm buying this.

Well... I'm asking for it for Christmas anyways.

I hadn't even heard of GameBrink until I started searching for Wii reviews but anything is better than IGN. Their writers are so godawful bad.

[quote name='FlipSide']Well since the release date is today might as well wake this thread up. Doing more research on this game, it seems that Super Swing Golf is a port of a popular online PC Golf game (http://albatross18.com/season2/default.asp). I'm still trying to finish Zelda and Trauma Center, so game has to wait. I'm surprised there is no reviews for it yet.[/quote]

It isn't a direct port of albatross. It is kind of a mish-mash of all 3 pangya titles, of which albatross 18 is based on part 2.

Albatross is hugely fun, and free. Albeit, you have to pay to get the most out of it, but for the general aspects of a golf game, it is completely free.

I'll be getting super swing as soon as I see it in stores.

bread's done
Back