Super Swing Golf

ckendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Super Swing Golf (aka Pangya in Japan) is finally going to hit US shores for the first time in ~ 2 weeks (12/12/06). It has had great success for Tecmo in Japan.

It looks like a mix between Hot Shots Golf and Mario Golf and it will provide a more in-depth golf game than Wii Sports.

Is anyone else excited for this game and looking forward to picking it up?

This is one I'm seriously considering buying. I loved Hot Shots Golf, plus when you add in the wii remote controls and a ton of unlockables, it sounds like it will be a good game.

I'm really looking forward to it. I was very lukewarm on sports games on the Wii until I played Wii Golf. That got me really excited about this one.

The previews have been pretty positive as well, as far as the control is concerned.

Here's the IGN preview if you're curious.

To execute a swing, players will select the "shot" option on-screen with the cursor, and then position their body like they are addressing a golf tee. From there, players will raise the Wii-mote like a club, and can watch the power bar rise on the screen. Keep in mind that this doesn't directly determine the length of the shot, but rather the intended distance, similar to how actual golfers would use a practice swing to feel out the shot.

When the bar is sitting at the desired height, simply hold down the A button and swing. To make the game more realistic than simply raising to the right distance and popping your shot, Super Swing Golf will use your final stroke to determine the actual hit properties. If you swing too fast, you'll power through your shot, hitting it farther than you want. Swing too slow, and you'll come up short. In addition to distance, the Wii-mote will track your swing line similar to Wii Sports Golf to determine if you hooked, sliced, or got a solid piece of the ball during the swing.

I am somewhat interested... So far i have promised myself I would beat and sell a game before buying another... I have four games now we will see if I can get through a few in the next two weeks.

This one looks like a definite pick-up at some point, but I can probably afford to wait for a price drop, depending on what games I can get around to actually finish.

ill try before i buy. i dont want to have too many golf games on the shelf, with wii sports, this, and the inevitable mario golf. not to mention tiger woods or any kind or wii sports 2 that might come out.

You can try this game, more or less, right now for free. Go to www.albatross18.com. It's one of those games where you play for free but pay for upgrades. The Wii business model will be different, of course, but it looks like the same game.

It's a good game. Similar to Hot Shots and Mario Golf as others have stated.

I work at Game Crazy, and as of last week we had SSG listed in our computer as being $39.99. I'll check when I go back in.
This is one game I definately had to preorder. I hope is stays that price, beacuse I've been pumped up for this game for quite some time.

[quote name='ctice44']I work at Game Crazy, and as of last week we had SSG listed in our computer as being $39.99. I'll check when I go back in.
This is one game I definately had to preorder. I hope is stays that price, beacuse I've been pumped up for this game for quite some time.[/quote]

Damn... that would be pretty sweet. Too bad I already pre-ordered at Gamestop

If I was still getting a Wii I would have considered getting it, as I've been interested in it for a long time now.

This was the very first game I preordered, and the reason I decided to buy the wii so early. I've played albatross online/pangya for quite some time but can't be bothered paying to level up, but this sounds great.

This should be a hit, since everyone I know loves Wii Sports Golf. Heck, even my mother-in-law is buying it for her own Wii (keep in mind that she isn't a "Wii success story," because she's owned at least one console from each generation since the 2600).

I've got it preordered at Gamestop. My wife loves the Hot Shots Golf franchise, and hopefully she'll get into SSG as well.

bread's done
Back