Superman Complete Animated Series 18.99 at Amazon

Superman is way more optimistic, as it should be, and the last season basically set up half the storylines in Justice League. It also made Braniac an actual threat while also giving him pants.

I think I only watched a few episodes as a kid and that's it. How does this compare to Batman TAS? I know the same people worked on both.
Tonally they are pretty different, but you can expect the same level of quality as in Batman (and all of the DCAU). It is hands down my favorite on screen interpretation of Superman (not that it has much competition).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've only actually seen an episode or two way back when it was on tv but at the price I  blind bought it.  I also picked up the Brainiac Attacks blu from Walmart.  You can find the it in their bargain bin for 7.88.  I linked to the dvd cause the blu is 12.88 on their site and the dvd's 5.00 with a comic.

I think I've only actually seen an episode or two way back when it was on tv but at the price I blind bought it. I also picked up the Brainiac Attacks blu from Walmart. You can find the it in their bargain bin for 7.88. I linked to the dvd cause the blu is 12.88 on their site and the dvd's 5.00 with a comic.
I've never seen the Braniac Attacks movie but I can tell you that it is not canon with the animated series and it is widely regarded as being terrible. Maybe you'll like it though?

Braniac Attacks does not exist. There is no movie that uses the S:TAS designs for a shitty mockery on par with the later Land Before Time films.

Ahh.  So widely regarded as that bad eh?  Well it's still in shrink wrap so I could always take it back.  What about the other Animated superman movies are they any good?  There's the Superman/Batman Movie, Last Son of Kypton, and A Little Piece of Home.  Are any of those worthwhile?

They are just episodes of the series edited together. Last Son of Krypton is Episodes 1-3, Little Piece of Home is Episodes 4-6, and the Batman/Superman Movie is the 3-episode World's Finest episodes.

What DNukem said. Batman is the only series in the DCAU that has standalone movies that aren't apart of the standard season sets: Mask of the Phantasm, Sub Zero, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Joker Returns (technically Batman Beyond).

What DNukem said. Batman is the only series in the DCAU that has standalone movies that aren't apart of the standard season sets: Mask of the Phantasm, Sub Zero, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Joker Returns (technically Batman Beyond).

Thanks for posting that list, I had just assumed those movies were episodes in Batman TAS. I will pick them up now.

Good to know I don't need to pick up those the superman movies.  I do need to pick up subzero and mystery of the batwoman though.  Too bad they're not a two movie feature together. 

bread's done
Back