Superman returns movie ticket... not on pack!! WARNING!!!

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Same thing I posted at DVD talk but needed to let you CAGs know:

Not sure where to put this, but I wanted to let you all know. My girlfriend just came back from Circuit City with Justice League Season 2 and Superman: Animated Series Vol 3. Each one is supposed to have an art cell on pack PLUS a free Superman Returns movie ticket.

Justice League had the movie ticket but no art cell, while Superman Volume 3 had an art cell but no movie ticket, and now we have to drive BACK to Circuit City to find out what wrong.

This is a fiasco, in my opinion, and Im disappointed... PLEASE make sure to check your DVDs before you leave the store!!

Also, to note, the free pack of 4 art cells at Circuit City, they come 1 to a DVD and I believe are random, meaning you do NOT get a pack of 4 art cells with any DVD... you get 1 art cell per DVD set you buy that is ALSO on pack.

UPDATE: The local Circuit City, NONE of the Superman Animated Volume 3's included the ticket, from what they saw. What they did was they just opened two other DVD's and gave me a ticket and an art cell out of those and told me it was a mistake in the ad but since it's their fault they helped me out.

There could be arguments about this that I won't get into, but IMO If you are planning on buying a piece of merchandise, you have the right to open and inspect it. I wouldn't normally do this for a DVD but in this case it seems like a good idea. I also believe that in my state it is legal to do so (but I wouldn't unless I 110% planned on purchasing the DVD as long as the ticket is inside).

Again, that is my opinion and I won't argue about it.

UPDATE: The local Circuit City, NONE of the Superman Animated Volume 3's included the ticket, from what they saw. What they did was they just opened two other DVD's and gave me a ticket and an art cell out of those and told me it was a mistake in the ad but since it's their fault they helped me out.

I'm still pissed the art cell is seemingly random in these DVD's, and completing the whole set would be an exercise in frustration since you can't even see what art cell you're supposed to get.

[quote name='speedy1961']What a bad way to botch a promotion.

Thanks for the heads up though Roufuss![/QUOTE]

No problem!

Here's another heads up: The DVD's with the free things are MARKED that way on the package. She told me Krypto was marked for BOTH the art cell AND the movie ticket.

Even though, according to CC and others, all these things are SUPPOSED to come with the movie ticket, if it's not marked on the packaging it's not on there!

Thanks for the info Roufuss. What does the art cell look like and is it worth it in your opinion to pick it up at CC for it. Also, I was wondering if on the back of the movie cash if IMAX theaters are supported. I was thinking about going out and picking up STAS Vol. 3 & JL 2 later on today but wanted to see which exclusives were worth it.

[quote name='Tyga24']Thanks for the info Roufuss. What does the art cell look like and is it worth it in your opinion to pick it up at CC for it. Also, I was wondering if on the back of the movie cash if IMAX theaters are supported. I was thinking about going out and picking up STAS Vol. 3 & JL 2 later on today but wanted to see which exclusives were worth it.[/QUOTE]

The art cell is like a little rectangular art cell... it's a decent quality, and on the back it talks a bit about the animated series. I just PM'ed BB's prices at CC, I really had no interest in the comic since I was a huge fan of the animated series. I enjoy the art cells I got, I managed to get the one in the ad which is awesome.

[quote name='Tyga24']Thanks for the info Roufuss. What does the art cell look like and is it worth it in your opinion to pick it up at CC for it. Also, I was wondering if on the back of the movie cash if IMAX theaters are supported. I was thinking about going out and picking up STAS Vol. 3 & JL 2 later on today but wanted to see which exclusives were worth it.[/QUOTE]

It's my experience that IMAX generally doesn't accept the generic free movie passes. I could be wrong but I've tried it twice before and it didn't work.

Also if this is a wide spread problem at all CCs I'll have alot of fun at work tomorrow I'm sure...

so basically i had all the CC employees running around trying to find the 4 pack lithographs but to no avail... i did pick up krypto, it had the sticker for 1 collectible art cell and a sticker for free ticket (so i assume both are inside)... I guess both me and CC were confused since the ad stated a 4-pack Lithograph set, but the dvd includes only 1 art cell (not litho)... nice to know they are non-existent...

Same thing happened to me at BB with the BB exclusive 19.99 double disk Look up in the Sky Superman documentary, it has the 5 mini movie posters on pack but not the advertised mini comic, now I gotta go back for the dam thing cause I'm a completeist.

On a related note my Krypto dvd at CC was only 9 bucks and did come with the movie ticket and art cell inside.

OT: a friend of mine saw an advance screening over the weekend and said it was bad, as in do not even bother renting the dvd bad. And he is generally easy to please and likes comic book movies.
I was hoping this would be an awesome movie, and it still might, but in these terms, lacking the free ticket might be a blessing.

thanx for letting us know I was thinking about picking some of these up anyone got a complete run down as to what has what included?

[quote name='vherub']OT: a friend of mine saw an advance screening over the weekend and said it was bad, as in do not even bother renting the dvd bad. And he is generally easy to please and likes comic book movies.
I was hoping this would be an awesome movie, and it still might, but in these terms, lacking the free ticket might be a blessing.[/QUOTE]

I know this is off topic, but I wouldn't take your friend's opinion too seriously -- Superman Returns has been screened by critics and it's receiving some of the most amazing reviews a movie has ever gotten. Have you checked out the Time review, the Variety review, the Newsweek review, or the Hollywood Reporter review? I'd highly recommend you read those --- the praise for this flick is actually pretty unanimous.

I don't think the free Superman ticket was supposed to come with the animated series volume 3 set. Even though CC said it was, I'll bet it was a mistake because every animated series set I looked at today didn't have that sticker on it that said it came with a free ticket. However, I got one with Justice League, which did have the sticker on it.

Unfortunately I have to return Superman as my disc was all scratched up and kept skipping as I was watching it today. :(

[quote name='dschroll']I don't think the free Superman ticket was supposed to come with the animated series volume 3 set. Even though CC said it was, I'll bet it was a mistake because every animated series set I looked at today didn't have that sticker on it that said it came with a free ticket. However, I got one with Justice League, which did have the sticker on it.

Unfortunately I have to return Superman as my disc was all scratched up and kept skipping as I was watching it today. :([/QUOTE]

Well, if it is a mistake, then it's not just CC's as Amazon has it listed with a free ticket as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2257646-2312730?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

Here's the language on the page: "This DVD includes a Movie Money pass valued up to $10.50 for admission to see Superman Returns. Coupon valid in select theaters in the United States from June 30, 2006, to July 31, 2006."

[quote name='dschroll']I don't think the free Superman ticket was supposed to come with the animated series volume 3 set. Even though CC said it was, I'll bet it was a mistake because every animated series set I looked at today didn't have that sticker on it that said it came with a free ticket. However, I got one with Justice League, which did have the sticker on it.

Unfortunately I have to return Superman as my disc was all scratched up and kept skipping as I was watching it today. :([/QUOTE]

It's also on Amazon's description of Superman Animated Season 3:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...8814116-2213636?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

And I also saw a report where someone said they did get a ticket with that dvd..

It was leaked awhile ago that every Superman release on Tuesday was going to come with the free ticket... it was part of the whole promotion.

I mean, how dumb it would be for the free movie ticket to come with Krypto and Justice League but not Superman itself?

[quote name='dschroll']I agree, its completely dumb. I was very disappointed that it didn't come with a ticket, but what can we do?[/QUOTE]

Call the customer support and bitch, demand two free tickets for wasting your gas money.

On a related note, the Look Up In The Sky documentary 2-disc limited edition at best buy has a flaw. The postcard posters(?) are attached to the back of the case under the shrink wrap. However, they are attached with that rubber, latex, type sticky.

The oil from the sticky stuff they put on the back discolored a long strip down the middle of the Superman Returns postcard. Why couldn't they put it on the back of the postcards for 3 or 4, damnit.

This whole promotion just reeks of poor planning and communication -- While I'm sure the movie will be a big success (and a well-made flick, too -- since the 2 don't always go together), this 6/20 Supes-DVD rush was tainted by the WB not handling the retail promotions well at all. I'm only going to grab the 1-disc standard Look Up in the Sky at BB ...

My Supe Animated 3 DVD had the free ticket and the free cel at Circuit City on opening day. Stickers for both were on the front and I already opened it and watched it and can confirm both were inside. The Supe sets I saw at Wal-Mart however had no free ticket sticker on the front.

Picked up Superboy Season 1 and supposedly it has a ticket inside(marked on box) - haven't opened it yet since I might have to PM it

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Call the customer support and bitch, demand two free tickets for wasting your gas money.[/quote]

Of course, probably by the time you managed to speak to a real person (if any at all), by the time they sent you the tickets the movie will have already been out on DVD for months.

If the intent was to buy the dvd's, then whatever, its a bonus. If you bought the DVD's FOR the tickets, then you're not saving any money at all.

bread's done
Back