Supernatural (Season 4, Thursdays at 9 p.m.)

If they can get the same ratings or even better ratings from shows that might be cheaper to produce like Gossip Girls or the new 90210 they might.

I doubt it. Supernatural is a proven series and it pulls people in. Plus, they make a killing in DVD sales. They wouldn't risk bringing in something unknown that has a better chance of failing than succeeding.

Did a little more searching. Looks like the premier of Supernatural did pretty well compared to last year's premier.

The drop in viewers for Smallville was offset somewhat by the gain in viewers for the premiere of one of my favorite shows, Supernatural which averaged 3.956 million viewer from 9p-10p and a 1.7/5 among 18-49 year olds. Last year’s season premiere on 10/4/07 had 2.97 million viewers and an 18-49 rating of 1.2, so the gains in viewers are ~33% versus last year and ~42% among 18-49 year olds. Way to go Supernatural!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2008/09/1...hpoint-nightmares-and-supernatural-score/5193

It's still sad that Univision gets more viewers than the CW.

Someone suggested to me that it was a shadow behind Castiel and not wings. I re-watched the episode, and it is a shadow of wings. So yes, I think it's possible that Castiel is an angel and his wings don't appear on the person he possesses because... he's just possessing that person. :whistle2:k

However, in regards to the knife not killing him if he were a demon, I think something as strong as Lucifer would have high immunity. :whistle2:k :whistle2:k

Good points.

Plus, how Team Supernatural put angels in a gray, not-the-normal-conception-of-angels area pretty much has me believing Castiel is an angel, but by Supernatural definition.

I don't follow this series. The first episode of season 1 wasn't enough to get me hooked to the series.

[quote name='Z_meista']I don't follow this series. The first episode of season 1 wasn't enough to get me hooked to the series.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, I didn't get hooked on the series until the finale of season 1 and premiere of season 2, then I had to go back and re watch all those eps in between.

as far as the money thing goes id read somewhere last year that some people from the first season werent returning namely the original ruby due to money issues and though a number of shows do do well on the cw like someone mentioned compared to other channels theyre not doing that well. some of their best shows are and were on the bubble do to costs and expenses and overall with the cheapness and affordability of reality tv actual tv shows are going the way of the dodo sucks but its true.

That really doesn't make much sense. You say that some people weren't returning due to money issues? The second episode of the new season brought back people from previous episodes. Plus, how could the chick who played Ruby be expensive? She's an unknown actress. I doubt they payed her more than the chick they replaced her with.

Like I said before, the CW still makes money, even though it's not as much as the other networks, but I doubt they'd get rid of their best shows to "fix the problem." It would only serve to hurt them even more.

The only chance Supernatural has of going down is if CW as a network goes down.

[quote name='slidecage']end of season 3

Sam leader of the devil

dean leader of heaven

or the other way around

if that happens that be so freaking lame. but expect both brothers to turn on each other by the end of the season[/quote]

We're on season 4 right now, so I assume thats what you mean. I think a conflict between the brothers is coming, but I don't think it will be on that grand of a scale, just yet. I think the last few episodes of the season, Dean will be fully aware that Sam is channeling his "abilities" and using them. I think thats part of the reason Dean is back, to keep Sam's powers to a limit.

I think that will cause a rift in their relationship, but I don't think it will ultimately cause them to go at each other. I think thats how the series will eventually end, with them fighting each other, on opposing sides of the Apocolypse.

[quote name='Z_meista']I don't follow this series. The first episode of season 1 wasn't enough to get me hooked to the series.[/quote]

Why post in this thread then?

Good episode. Nice to see how it all started.
And it does look like they're building up to a Dean vs Sam scenario. What I don't understand is if they're bringing the yellow-eyed demon back into this how does it tie back to Lilith and the apocalypse?

[quote name='dcfox']Good episode. Nice to see how it all started.
And it does look like they're building up to a Dean vs Sam scenario. What I don't understand is if they're bringing the yellow-eyed demon back into this how does it tie back to Lilith and the apocalypse?
[/QUOTE]

Dean told the yellow eyed demon he was the one to kill him, so knowing he was going to die he tells Lilith to carry on after he bites it.

Episode was great, I mean it just dropped a ton of bombshells

[quote name='coolsteel']
Dean told the yellow eyed demon he was the one to kill him, so knowing he was going to die he tells Lilith to carry on after he bites it.

Episode was great, I mean it just dropped a ton of bombshells[/quote]
But we know the yellow eyed demon was championing Sam and also that Lilith wanted to kill Sam. If she was carrying out his plans then why would she go after Sam?

[quote name='dcfox']
But we know the yellow eyed demon was championing Sam and also that Lilith wanted to kill Sam. If she was carrying out his plans then why would she go after Sam?
[/QUOTE]

The yellow eyed demon had to be stronger then her, she was in no position to go against him. With him dead she is free to pick and choose which parts of the plan she will go ahead with. At least that is my take on this, there has to be some sort of hierarchy with the demons otherwise they would have had constant fighting between themselves and gotten nothing done

Solid filler episode that offered metaphor, and stuff. :mrgreen:

Supernatural, Season 4
Episode 4, “Metamorphosis”

“Sam loves research. He keeps it under his mattress next to his KY. It’s a sickness.”

“It sounds made up. I know.”

“We’re not going to kill him. Unless he does something to get killed for.”

Word of the day:
long pig. Dean started off skeptical, but grew to embrace the word like a child’s grasp on the ass-lever of their favorite Hungry Hungry Hippo. I always preferred the pink guy.

Jack broke Fat Sweaty Dick’s hand like
Cary Elwes’ Robin Hood
against Amy Yasbeck’s chastity belt. Having experienced such dicks, I cheered Jack.

When Sam said,
“Stop the car or I will!”
I thought, could Sam do that?

While a filler episode, Jack’s story gave us a look at how Sam’s story could play out.
It was a nice metaphor.
It also eliminates that method from the pool of possible conclusions. Considering how the episode opened with Sam channeling his anger into his power, I think we will see Sam fully-possessed by his demonic abilities.

Well there is no doubt where this is going with Sam but i'm more interested in where this is going with Dean , the show is doing a nice job diverting from that 4 months he spent in hell. I liked last night's episode even if it was predictable in a lot of ways but Ruby coming and going barely saying a word is starting to get annoying.

I miss the first actress who played Ruby. This new girl just doesn't have the right presence.

Also, I agree. I wonder where they're taking Dean in this story. I'd like to see a little progress in developing his side of this season's story.

And could Sam exorcise himself? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Chase']I miss the first actress who played Ruby. This new girl just doesn't have the right presence.

Also, I agree. I wonder where they're taking Dean in this story. I'd like to see a little progress in developing his side of this season's story.

And could Sam exorcise himself? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I miss her too, the new actress seems too soft. I doubt Sam wants to risk sending himself to hell :lol:

[quote name='coolsteel']I miss her too, the new actress seems too soft. I doubt Sam wants to risk sending himself to hell :lol:[/quote]
That's assuming Sam the human and Sam the demon are the same person.

if they was a messager from god then why is he burning peoples eyes out of the heads. I guess trying to collect souls ... still say the dudes the devil

[quote name='dcfox']That's assuming Sam the human and Sam the demon are the same person.[/quote]

Interesting idea. :whistle2:k

Supernatural, Season 4
Episode 5, “Monster Movie”

“Wow. That must suck.”
“But I have a coupon.”
“Maybe this is how… a movie… should end…”

If someone like
Lucy played cockblocker, I would have offered her a cautionary door-hitting-ass warning as I booted her out of the joint.

I love how Dracula’s lair lead up to a normal suburban home. The pizza delivery scene was delightful. Only to be outdone by the
we-dine-on-pizza
moment.

That’s one, weak fort door.

Tonight’s episode was a nice change of pace. It freshened things and, while not the type of filler that progresses stories, was fun. A nice nice of water before hitting the meat and potatoes.

Two weak episodes in a row and the preview for next week isn't looking any better. The only thing that saved this epiosde was the eye of the tiger singing at the end :lol:

First and foremost, Jensen Ackles
doing Eye of the Tiger
was incredible. It made me warm and fuzzy inside. Jensen Ackles for Captain America in 2011.

Dean's fear of snakes had me referring to the memorable Indiana Jones line "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?" If owned a pair of animals, I'd name them Arn and Tully. Preferably pandas, so I could snuggle them.

I imagine ghost sickness is like airplane sickness but instead of exorcising food Whoopi Goldberg possesses you and makes you touch yourself.

Colonel Mustard in the library
with the candlestick

Dean is such a silly goose. The diner waitresses gives us diarrhea. The french maid gives us a rash. The nurse, as the episode title references, gives us yellow fever.

Oh, and I suspect Sam
needs to be exorcised
---if
his yellow eye flashes
are any indication of things to come.

[quote name='coolsteel']Two weak episodes in a row and the preview for next week isn't looking any better. The only thing that saved this epiosde was the eye of the tiger singing at the end :lol:[/quote]

Sweet Furry Buddha, that was delightful. I hope they put that on the DVD. :D

[quote name='karsh']And apparently next week is gonna be a big episode for the season, involving raising Samhain, which is one of the milestones for Lucifer's release. I think we also meet Castiel's number two Angel. Should be a good episode.[/quote]

Milestones. Interesting. I forgot to look more closely at the details.

There was an article in TVGuide about next week's episode which talked about how releasing Samhain deals with Lucifer. The preview didn't really bring it up, which I found surprising.

[quote name='karsh']There was an article in TVGuide about next week's episode which talked about how releasing Samhain deals with Lucifer. The preview didn't really bring it up, which I found surprising.[/quote]

I guess CW dumbed it down to appeal to a broader, Halloween-craving audience. :whistle2:k

Someone at another forum brought up how Sam's eyes flashing yellow could be Yellow Eye screwing with Dean at a time when Dean may be unsure if he could trust his sight. I support that idea.

I could see the ending of this season following events that happen in the novel To Reign in Hell. I think Castiel resembles Abdiel and is playing Dean and Sam for fools. Castiel will reveal himself to be an archangel and try to take Sam's powers to use as he rallies Hell in an attempt to take over Heaven.

The "Kneel before Todd" scene was quite funny.

Jensen Ackles is such a talented actor.
iqc8s9.gif

Finally a serious episode, flashbacks explained a lot and dammit the transition from Sam and Ruby to Dean saying too much info had me cracking up. The major players on both side have gathered so this should get really interesting

That last episode was amazing. I can't wait for next week.

One thing though, if demons can see each other's true form when in a meat suit, how could they not see Ruby disguised as a fat black maid?

Pretty nice twists there, hell several of them. I'm really liking this season, when it is on point it is by far the best of the bunch. The big reveal about what happened to Dean in hell was just brutal,
to hold on for 30 years of daily torture before starting down the path of losing his humanity.
I'm really wondering if Bela is going to show back up in some form or another since by her perspective she has been in hell for 80-100 years, more then enough time to become a demon.

Since it looks like nobody bothered watching I guess i'll comment. Last night's ep was really outside the norm. Heck when Dean made his big reveal at the end it felt really out of place in an episode like that. As for what he said
Yep Dean was well on his way to becoming a demon, not just doing the torture but enjoying it

I have not watched Supernatural for quite some time. I feel shamed by my inattentiveness. I will probably miss the rest of the season and wait for the DVD set, or watch it when I again subscribe to Netflix. :oops:

theres places you can see the supernatural episodes without torrenting anything just do a search for it. i was able to finally catch up to the story for this season that way great stuff too easily one of the best shows on tv imo but with the story theyre doing i dubt this show will be on for too many more seasons.

[quote name='Chase']I have not watched Supernatural for quite some time. I feel shamed by my inattentiveness. I will probably miss the rest of the season and wait for the DVD set, or watch it when I again subscribe to Netflix. :oops:[/QUOTE]

In the grand scheme of things you missed the explanation of what Sam was doing in that time Dean was gone and in turn what Dean was doing while dead. Not a whole lot else serious happened thanks to those two gag episodes in a row.

The way Sam was hesitating to "tone up" made me really curious about what he has to do , episode was pretty good even if another outside the norm story.

Ya youve missed a lot. Im in the middle of watching the newest episode of him Dean toturing Alastar.

Its getting good. Needs more Ruby and maybe some female hunters that kick *ss.

I just watched 4 episodes in a row, Supernatural deserves a hell of a lot more of a fanbase then it has. Not one disappointment with the latest 4 episodes, episode 16 was just epic. I have no idea where the series can go after this season, I don't see any of this being topped.

Past week's ep I thought was a throw away episode even if funny........... that is until the bomb got dropped halfway through.
Archangels being strong enough to even make Lilith run for the hills was funny to me, its like if Heaven has soldiers that strong why haven't they used them to kill the high level demons yet? The ominous ending was a nice touch, Angels come off as real douchebags

bread's done
Back