Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars Sale! 2 weeks, starting 10/15/09.

$5 is a steal for this game. I bought it when it dropped to $10 and it has been my second favorite PSN game next to SuperStardust HD.

didn't see the post originally.....i've had my eye on the game for while but didn't seem like people really liked it from what i've read....but for 4.99 i'll take a chance.....plus they're giving up free upgrades

This game is really fun, I've had it since it came out.

They actually updated it not too long ago and added a couple of maps, saving replays (and uploading them to youtube) and game servers.

While there isn't many people on, it does have split screen which is fun to play with a friend.

Thanks OP.
I wanted this game but didn't bite when it was $15, forgot it ever dropped to $10, so for I'll be picking this up for $5.

This is one of my favorite games. You will probably fight the controls for a bit, but once you get the hang of it, it's incredibly fun

It has a demo up on PSN. I thought it was fun, but not $10 fun (for me). I'll redownload the demo and assess if it is $5 fun :)

Thanks OP!

Honestly, this is one of the best PSN games of all. I can come back to this game all the time and get online. It's not dead, but I guess depending on the time of the night you may have to play unranked instead of ranked sometimes.

This game has a cult-like following. There are some die-hard players still involved. There has never been a better use of $5.

Taken from the Playstation Blog today:

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars only $4.99 on PSN for a Limited Time

October marks the one-year anniversary of the release of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (SARPBC), our first self-published title, and we feel like having a party. But what kind of birthday party would this be without gifts, right? We want you to come celebrate with us. So how about a birthday where we give the gifts to YOU! From October 15 through October 29, you can download SARPBC for just $4.99 in celebration of the game’s first successful year! Yup, not one week, but two whole weeks to get in gear and download one of PSN’s most explosive and addictive games for only $4.99!!!

Like our fans, we here at Psyonix absolutely love SARPBC and its die-hard community; they are the best fans an independent developer could ask for, which is exactly why we want to recruit more of you! We know you’re out there, so let’s make the SARPBC community explode! Hop online, get in the Battle-Car arena and show us what you’ve got because if you’ve been waiting for the right time to get this game, there’s no better time than now!

4011812059_c2a58cf00a.jpg

http://www.battle-cars.com/

Will most likely pick this up in the next few days. My friends have it and liked it, and I enjoyed the demo, but for $10 I found better games. At $5 it's just not passable.

bread's done
Back