Supreme Commander 2 PC $14.89 + shipping

Was $35 with $15 credit from amazon with free shipping. This is good if you trust other sellers and would like to skip the credit process.

Actually, Amazon had it for $29.99 with $15 credit over the weekend. They have since raised the price. Xbox version is $49.99 with $15 credit. People on the Xbox forums are calling it the best RTS on the console so far. However die hard SC fans are unhappy with the changes, and are claiming that they dumbed down the game.

I am waiting for my credit so I can apply it to Splinter Cell with the $5 Splinter coupon.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']i'm hesitant to get this. I enjoy Warhammer Dawn of War II.... would I like this at all?[/QUOTE]

Well since you cant even call DoW2 a RTS if your playing Singleplayer, im not sure.. as this is a Full scale unit RTS....

The game is more starcrafty than the original SupCom.

Anyone playing SC, will like SupCom2.

I don't think they dumbed it down, they just eliminated a big portion of the tedius work that went into the game.

It's now straight on fighting, lots of it, and no battle should take more than 30-45 minutes.

I remember 2.5 hour slug fests in the original.

[quote name='Rollett']Well since you cant even call DoW2 a RTS if your playing Singleplayer, im not sure.. as this is a Full scale unit RTS....[/QUOTE]

how about command & conquer 3? that was good. I'm only interested in single player so if this is a decent play through then i'd try it out.

When was it $29.99? I ordered Sat and watched it until Monday and it went from 35.99 to 35.09. 360 was never $39.99, you might have been on the PC one by mistake.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']how about command & conquer 3? that was good. I'm only interested in single player so if this is a decent play through then i'd try it out.[/QUOTE]

short single player play through, maybe

[quote name='gamewizardx']When was it $29.99? I ordered Sat and watched it until Monday and it went from 35.99 to 35.09. 360 was never $39.99, you might have been on the PC one by mistake.[/QUOTE]

The PC version was $29.99 all weekend. It got raised to $39.99 Sunday night. It was $34.99 for a while last week. The Xbox started at $59.99, last Tuesday at launch, and when they dropped the PC version to $29.99, they dropped the Xbox to $49.99. I was so tempted to get the PC version, for that price, but I like playing on the big screen, so I got the Xbox version. I was surprised that both PC/Xbox still had teh $15 credit. All the reviews on Amazon are for the PC version, and people either hate it (the die hard SC fans), or actually like it. I think that the people who hate it are the people who wanted teh same game with better graphics. On the Xbox forums, there is a universal like for the game, and many are deeming it the best RTS on the Xbox. Smooth, great frame rates, large population cap. Minimal glitches.

I have not played the game yet, but there are 18 missions, with different difficulties and achievements for getting all the bonus objectives, etc. I doubt that you can finish the game in 5-6 hours (my guess would be 15-18 hours, minimum). Then there are achievements for skirmish matches against different AI's/ maps, etc, that could take many, many hours.

bread's done
Back