Supreme Commander 2 - Xbox 360 - $34.99 ($32.50 after Bing cashback) w/FS

Wow, this game just came out. Has anyone here played it? RTS games on consoles are pretty hit and miss for me. Halo Wars has been the only one I can tolerate. Looks cool tho. I'm a sucker for giant robots blowing shit up.

I enjoyed Supreme Commander 2 for XBOX 360 much more than the first one. They simplify the controls to fit a gamepad and the whole experience is much better this time around. I am having fun with it. I do like Halo WArs much more though. The price is about right.

[quote name='knightimages']I enjoyed Supreme Commander 2 for XBOX 360 much more than the first one. They simplify the controls to fit a gamepad and the whole experience is much better this time around. I am having fun with it. I do like Halo WArs much more though. The price is about right.[/QUOTE]
I like it, too. I'm pretty busy (not enough gaming time) so I'm only a handful of missions into the campaign, but I really enjoy it so far. I know PC gamers scoff at the unit cap, but compared to Halo Wars it feels so much bigger IMO.

I admit that I'm NOT a hardcore RTSer.

It's half price shortly after release for a reason. They turned a great RTS into a game for children. The fact that someone would find a comparison to Halo Wars relevant is all you need to know that the game is trash. It's a RTS for people who aren't RTS fans.

People need to stop putting the net price without quantifying how they made it here.

It's $34.99, not $32.50. The $2.49 back is only after the Bing cashback.

I think I'll pass on this game at this price. It's already $34.99 after one week is not a good sign. I'd bite on it under $20 after I've read the reviews. It's got descent reviews, but they all compare it to Halo Wars (which I did enjoy for a console rts). Considering how quickly this one is dropping it won't take long before it joins my backlog.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']It's half price shortly after release for a reason. They turned a great RTS into a game for children. The fact that someone would find a comparison to Halo Wars relevant is all you need to know that the game is trash. It's a RTS for people who aren't RTS fans.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you're wrong. I've been playing RTS/T games for over a decade. Logged countless college evenings playing Age of Empires 2 and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. Wasted even more time playing World in Conflict. Loved Halo Wars to death.

It's near impossible to stuff a true RTS control scheme onto a gamepad. Simply cannot be done. There are not enough buttons. That is why Halo Wars has become the benchmark for console RTS games. Rather than taking a PC control scheme and trying in vain to make it fit, they simply built the game around the controller. Haven't played SupCom2 on the 360, but if it's getting compared to Halo Wars, I definitely will give it a look.

bread's done
Back