Supreme Commander PC $19.99 @ Amazon

Nice Deal on a great game.

From what I hear this is so much superior to the 360 version that is coming out.

Supreme Commander is awesome. I have Forged Alliance but I'd like to get the original as well. Unfortunately I just blew a ton of money on games last week so I'm trying to decide whether to go for this or not.

Amazon's new strategy of matching the weekly ad prices might be the smartest thing they've done.

Great game. Bought it on the GoGamer madness deal a while back when it first came out. I love the dual monitor support. $20 is a no brainier.

While Supreme commander is pretty awesome (except the interface is really annoying sometimes) Total Annihilation is still my favorite. You can probably find that game for pennies now.

I'll hold out for the inevitable Platinum Collection. (Another stand-alone game, tentatively titled "Experimentals," is in the works.)

PS: You might head over to the Circuit City PC game trading thread. Several CAGers snagged SupCom and SupCom: FA for $10/ea during the sale and might have them up for trade.

Yikes, I didn't know Supreme Commander was $10 in that sale! I'm sure it was marked as like $190 or whatever at my Circuit City and I didn't realize. Oh well, I still got three great deals last week.

I second the "awesome game" comments, if you are an RTS fan at all (and have a decent computer) then at this price the game is a must-buy.

[quote name='pROvIs']Great game. Bought it on the GoGamer madness deal a while back when it first came out. I love the dual monitor support. $20 is a no brainier.[/QUOTE]

I might just have to pick this up! I suck at RTS's but love playing them.

Whoa. dual monitor support?! that's epic. what if one is a widescreen and the other isn't?

[quote name='egonpax']I might just have to pick this up! I suck at RTS's but love playing them.

Whoa. dual monitor support?! that's epic. what if one is a widescreen and the other isn't?[/quote]

I can check when I get home but I'm pretty sure each monitor's resolution is managed independently of the other, so you should be fine. Dual monitor support requires a super fast computer though, I have 2gb RAM / 8800GTS and I only run a single monitor (even though I have two).

[quote name='PikaPichu']Doesn't SC require a crazy good system to run properly? Even for $20 I'd hate to have my system bog down during large battles. :([/quote]

Not a crazy good. I think I was running it at mostly medium settings with a Radeon X850XT PE, 2GB DDR RAM, & a 4.0GHz Athlon 64 processor. It did slow down on huge battles but not too badly. So if you have a better PC that that you're probably good.

Yeah, from what I hear a dual core processor really helps the game model all of the ballistic physics.

In the beta, I had fun setting the enemy AI to "turtle" and coming up with the most ridiculous attack planes humanly possible.

[quote name='Draekon']Not a crazy good. I think I was running it at mostly medium settings with a Radeon X850XT PE, 2GB DDR RAM, & a 4.0GHz Athlon 64 processor. It did slow down on huge battles but not too badly. So if you have a better PC that that you're probably good.[/quote]

Actually, when it first launched that quote was true. They patched it though, to run much better.

bread's done
Back