Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
We Own the Night - thought it would have some cool twists in it and it didn't. Expected more but it was okay overall.

Run Fatboy Run - Not bad. Best if watched with a chick.

Moving Mccallister - I forgot why I downloaded this. It has Mila Kunis. That is all.

The Kingdom (7/10) - I thought it was pretty good. Got slow at one point, but overall decent movie

Cashback (5/10) - Decent idea, just not well executed....although, I'll give the nudity a 10/10....nice stuff there ;)

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (7/10)

Surprisingly earnest and down-to-earth for what is advertised as a screwball period comedy. All the actors do a great job, especially Amy Adams and Frances McDormand in the leads. Really liked Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies) and Ciaran Hinds (There Will Be Blood) as the respective love interests as well. You know it's a good movie when even the would-be villain (Shirley Henderson) has depth and is somewhat sympathetic.

Highly recommended as a date movie.

Glad you finally got around to watching Dr. Strangelove darthbudge. I remember when I brought this movie up in a thread (a month or months ago) you mentioned you wanted to see it.

I enjoyed it too.

Tonight I will watch Bladerunner. I never saw it and am looking foward to it.

Two movies ago I watched Once upon a time in America directed by Sergio Leone w. Dinero, James Woods (I...love...James Woods

No country for old men.

Saw it in theaters but just watched it again. Love the movie, hate the ending. I'd give it a 10/10 but I don't like the ending so that drops it to 9/10 for me.

Well, I am not that big of movie-goer, and usually only go to the big releases, but the one movie, although a long time ago, I would have to say Sahara. It was a lot better than I thought, (it's a Matthew McConoughy movie), but with Steve Zahn and Dwight, it actually turned out to be pretty good.

Right At Your Door 3/5

It was a pretty good movie. It isn't going to be classic, or a movie you will want to watch again a million times. However it was tense and kept me entertained. However the Plot twist at the end really defines the movie. Once you know what it is, I don't ever see a reason to watch the movie.

But with all that said, I think it was good entertainment.

[quote name='darthbudge']Right At Your Door 3/5
[/quote]

Reminded me a lot of the movie Civic Duty with Peter Krause. You should check that out if you haven't seen it.

He Was a Quiet Man

Pretty good movie. Guy works in cubicle, is fuckin nuts and is going to shoot the place. But what happens when the one person he cares about suddenly wants him in her life?

Like how I set that up there. :)

I'd give it like a 7/10

My Kid Could Paint That. 9/10

A really great documentary about a little girl that is supposed to be a prodigy painter.

"Awake"

stoopid story, not really that great acting, the only thing that saves it is Jessica Alba, but she is a bitch in the movie. 3/10

I watched Grindhouse over the weekend. I loved the styling, liked Planet Terror and didn't like Death Proof.

I also saw No Country for Old Men last night; I liked it, but I can't decide how much. I thought I would love it. I'm thinking the 8/10 range.
I'm all about endings that make you think, but DAMN! That was the most startling ending I can remember.

3:10 to Yuma (7/10)

By-the-numbers western with above-average casting and production values. Going in, I knew Crowe and Bale were going to turn in good performances. What surprised me was the embarrassment of riches in the secondary casting. Good stuff.

Also, horse + dynamite + shotgun = awesome.

I watched Michael Clayton last night and it was really good. I love Clooney.

I'm watching Atonement right now and I'm really digging it. It's so tragic:(

[quote name='darthbudge']The Darjeeling Limited 4/5

Beautiful. That is the only word to describe it.[/QUOTE]

I rented that from Blockbuster and loved it too. Wished I bought it though cuz I want to watch it again.

I really love the opening short film as well.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Well, I am not that big of movie-goer, and usually only go to the big releases, but the one movie, although a long time ago, I would have to say Sahara. It was a lot better than I thought, (it's a Matthew McConoughy movie), but with Steve Zahn and Dwight, it actually turned out to be pretty good.[/quote]

Did you ever read the book? They did a horrible job with casting and the overall script was garbage. Typical Hollywood thrashing of a good book...

[quote name='mr ryles']I rented that from Blockbuster and loved it too. Wished I bought it though cuz I want to watch it again.

I really love the opening short film as well.[/quote]

Hmm I didn't quite get it. Other then seeing Natalie Portman partially naked, how exactly does that stand on it's own as a short film?

I swear, Doomsday was so retarded it HAD to be genius. A chase scene set to Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and a bunch of Mad-Max esque punk rockers dancing to " Good thing" by Fine young Cannibals before roasting and eating someone? The madness in the movie was staggering (as was theutter lack of coherency).

Knights, car chases, titties, explosions, gimps.... Man.

I finished Red Dawn today.

It was pretty terrible in a spectacular, 80's way. The kid attempting to shoot down the Hind with an AK was great.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
9 Songs (how in the hell was this made? how the actress can pass this off as an "art film" is beyond me. shocking.)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Primer

That was a weird movie. I'm gonna need to watch it a few more times to know what the fuck happened.[/quote]

Despite the fact that the story is told in a confusing manner, I still really liked the 'feel' of the film. If you're confused, you can always read one of those IMDB explanations or discussions about it.

The Bank Job 7/10 - Decent heist movie, Jason Statham acts a little bit more than usual.

[quote name='dastly75']Despite the fact that the story is told in a confusing manner, I still really liked the 'feel' of the film. If you're confused, you can always read one of those IMDB explanations or discussions about it.[/quote]

I really like the way it worked too, and how it never really explained what was going on at a given moment. I think I'd rather watch it a few more times and draw my own conclusions though, as it's worth doing.

The Bank Job. I liked it, really suspenseful. Also agree with dastly, Jason does act a little more than usual, but it's not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back