Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloverfield

fuckin' loved it. Except for the two stupid fucks who decided to talk through the entire movie (and they were the ONLY other ones there besides the gf and I, of all the $$$$$$s to show up).

[quote name='Liquid 2']Cloverfield

fuckin' loved it. Except for the two stupid fucks who decided to talk through the entire movie (and they were the ONLY other ones there besides the gf and I, of all the $$$$$$s to show up).[/quote]
Yea Cloverfield was great saw it again.

And about annoying teens in movie theaters:

For people who love movies and respect everyone else to not talk during a movie you will love this girl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IAsT0YZs7M

Leave her a comment! ...bitch...

I saw There Will be Blood and would give it a 9.5, I'd give No Country for Old Men a 10, maybe even an 11.

Some peopel saw There Will be Blood and hated it which I don't get. The acting, the cinematography, the vistas, the story, all top notch IMO. It was a little long and drawn out though.

I really liked how there were nto any words spoken until about 30 minutes into the movie (There will be blood).

Three nights ago I watched "Bridge Over the River Kwai" It was badass.

Death Sentance... decently cliche'd, but entertaining overall.
Cloverfield... duh?
Van Wilder on CC yesterday, that movie is bomb.

There Will Be Blood and No Country are my next 'to watch' list

Just read about this cool deal for Cheap Ass Moviegoers...

From trailerspy.com:
If you want to see all the Best Picture nominees but haven't gotten around to it, AMC Theatres across the country are hosting a Best Picture Showcase the day before the awards. For $30, you can watch all five movies in a row and spend the entire day in the cinema. Plus they throw in a large drink and a large popcorn, with free refills all day. (Sounds like heaven!)

It's a cool idea and I'm surprised no one has done it before. Even though I've already seen three of the movies, I am tempted to hunker down on the 24th for an Oscar Movie Marathon.

Here is the official site for AMC's Best Picture Showcase on Saturday, February 23.
Here are the showtimes from the AMC site:

Fitzcarraldo - Fascinating, especially when you learn about the amazing production of this movie. Claus Kinski scares the shit out of me, however.

Zodiac - Dragged on a little too long for my liking, but liked it overall. The attack scenes were quite harrowing.

I do this thing with netflix where I change it up from week to week.

One rental I'll watch a new release, then the next rental I'll watch Highest movie on IMDB top 250 movies of all time list I havent yet seen, new release, highest movie on IMDB top 250 movies of all time list I havent yet seen etc.........

I just saw "Dr. Strangelove: Or how I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (wierd title eh?).

It was fuckin CRAZY. HAs anybody else seen this and what did you think? I actually liked it and was wildly entertained.

[quote name='pittpizza']I just saw "Dr. Strangelove: Or how I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (wierd title eh?).

It was fuckin CRAZY. HAs anybody else seen this and what did you think? I actually liked it and was wildly entertained.[/QUOTE]

Has anybody seen it? It's one of Kubrick's best movies and there's a reason it's #23 on IMDB with over 100,000 votes.

[quote name='Sporadic']Has anybody seen it? It's one of Kubrick's best movies and there's a reason it's #23 on IMDB with over 100,000 votes.[/quote]

Seriosuly. It's part of my personal trifecta of greatest movies ever (with Monty Python and The Quest For The Holy Grail, and The Good The Bad and The Ugly).

[quote name='pittpizza']I do this thing with netflix where I change it up from week to week.

One rental I'll watch a new release, then the next rental I'll watch Highest movie on IMDB top 250 movies of all time list I havent yet seen, new release, highest movie on IMDB top 250 movies of all time list I havent yet seen etc.........

I just saw "Dr. Strangelove: Or how I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (wierd title eh?).

It was fuckin CRAZY. HAs anybody else seen this and what did you think? I actually liked it and was wildly entertained.[/quote]

Where the fuck have you been? Strangelove is one of the best movies of its kind (Whichever kind that is) it's the father of all Black Comedy movies...well if you count the Seventh seal...well that wasnt much of a comedy though.

And yes, I love this movie. Peter Sellers is excellent especially when he's playing 3 key roles, you might not notice it but Sellers is Strangelove, The president and captain mandrake (Eat that Edddy murphy!)

Its a Classic, everyone should see it.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

I hate Strangelove. It's my least favorite Kubrick film outside of Eyes Wide Shut.

I've given that movie so many chances. I thought I was too young too appreciate it before.
Watched it recently, damn near fell asleep. It just plods and plods and plods.
And is so not funny aside from a few moments.

This is coming from someone who loves classics, and 90% of the movies I watch are pre-1970.

Peter Sellers was excellent though. I like Scott's performance more though. The only redeeming quality.

You should all do yourself a favor and watch A Face In the Crowd. That's America's most underrated film.
Strangelove is the most overrated.

[quote name='dallow']I hate Strangelove. It's my least favorite Kubrick film outside of Eyes Wide Shut.

I've given that movie so many chances. I thought I was too young too appreciate it before.
Watched it recently, damn near fell asleep. It just plods and plods and plods.
And is so not funny aside from a few moments.

This is coming from someone who loves classics, and 90% of the movies I watch are pre-1970.

Peter Sellers was excellent though. I like Scott's performance more though. The only redeeming quality.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Strangelove is packed full of funny bits.

You just must not be a black comedy sort of guy.

Life of Brian is a better satire for my tastes.

I do enjoy black comedy.
I don't know, I just really can't get into Strangelove. Even though it seems right up my alley.

The thing about Strangelove, IMO anyway, is that some of the Satire may be lost on us youngins, It was from 1964. We didn't have Atom bomb drills in highschool. Most of us don't really worry about a Nuclear holocoast, which is kind of the underpinning for the satiricle target.

Whoever said it plodded on and on and on shares a view similar to that of my fiance. She fell asleep and didn't laugh once.

I'm a huge huge fan of Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail (and the good the bad and ugly, good taste SneakyPenguin) but wouldn't really consider the Holy Grail "black" comedy, whatever the hell that is? I guess black comedy is just structured around a typcially serious and morbid subject.

Sellers was great and though I could easily tell he was both Strangelove and the President, I couldn't quite tell he played Mandrake until I read it. He had some funny accents.

Some of the funniest things I thought, in order:
1. The actual dropping of the bomb where Capt. King Kong is riding it like a bucking bronco.

2. The phone conversations b/w the Pres. and Russian Prime minister. LMAO at "Well I'm sorry!!!", "Colonel Ripper went and did something silly. Well do you know what he did..."

3. Ripper's fear of the Commie's gettin his fluids. Seriously WTF?

4. Sgt. Turgenson's incessant War Mongering "We can't allow a mine gap!"

On to Blade Runner tomorrow.

[quote name='pittpizza']The thing about Strangelove, IMO anyway, is that some of the Satire may be lost on us youngins, It was from 1964. We didn't have Atom bomb drills in highschool. Most of us don't really worry about a Nuclear holocoast, which is kind of the underpinning for the satiricle target.

Whoever said it plodded on and on and on shares a view similar to that of my fiance. She fell asleep and didn't laugh once.

I'm a huge huge fan of Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail (and the good the bad and ugly, good taste SneakyPenguin) but wouldn't really consider the Holy Grail "black" comedy, whatever the hell that is? I guess black comedy is just structured around a typcially serious and morbid subject.

Sellers was great and though I could easily tell he was both Strangelove and the President, I couldn't quite tell he played Mandrake until I read it. He had some funny accents.

Some of the funniest things I thought, in order:
1. The actual dropping of the bomb where Capt. King Kong is riding it like a bucking bronco.

2. The phone conversations b/w the Pres. and Russian Prime minister. LMAO at "Well I'm sorry!!!", "Colonel Ripper went and did something silly. Well do you know what he did..."

3. Ripper's fear of the Commie's gettin his fluids. Seriously WTF?

4. Sgt. Turgenson's incessant War Mongering "We can't allow a mine gap!"

On to Blade Runner tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The phone convo is downright one of the funniest scenes in movie history.

Dr. Strangelove is one of my favorite movies of all-time. I found it hilarious.

When I was in college, I made my friends watch it with me, even though they protested (because it was old and in B&W). They all loved it.

In fact, a few of them memorized the famous phone call scene and would constantly leave me voicemails of their handiwork.

I'm on a massive Kubrick kick. Just two or three nights ago I watched Strangelove.

Coincidentally enough, TMC had a Kubrick festival on last night where I watched most of "2001: A Space Odyssee" and "Lolita" I liked both of em.

So far my Kubrick films, ranked, in order are:

1. A Clockwork Orange
2. Srangelove
3. Space Odysse
4. Lolita

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back