Survey: Buying habits of CAGs

'Cube Daddy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey! Just for something different, list the last Wii game you bought NEW, the last one you bought USED, how much you spent, and when. Maybe this is a little social experiment, maybe not.

I've wondered how cheap we actually are around here... I know I'm as cheap as possible within my "disc/case/manual condition range" which is ASS NARROW because I've got issues. :lol:

New - Twilight Princess ($40) - two weeks ago
Used - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption ($13) - two weeks ago

Bought Excitebots new for $20 on 7/29

Last used game purchase... Open Season and Far Cry as trade fodder ($16 and $20 respectively) on 4/5/07. :lol: Apparently my only used Wii game purchases as well. Weird.

New .. Madworld 40$ pre-order
Used .. Excite truck 13$

Considering buying Deadly Creatures soon, probably new for 19.99 since I have a giftcard for gamestop.

New - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - around $42 after ECA

Used - No More Heroes - I forget the exact price, but less than $20

New: Madworld and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games $20 each
Used: Wild Earth African Safari $13 (did not work, it was too scratched to load but apparently not scratched enough to reject the trade in)

I paid for these with Gamestop giftcards I get from the e-rewards surveys. I do not spend cash at Gamestop.

New - Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn $50 May last year
Used - Blast Works $6 2 weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator:
New: Wii Sports Resort, $44.49
Used: none

Usually I wait for games to drop instead of buying them when they first come out, but after trying Resort I just had to get it right away. It's not like first-party Nintendo games ever drop much anyway.

New: $7.98 for Samba de Amigo
Used: $64.99 for Wii Fit

Pretty crazy differences in price there. I nearly never purchase Wii games, though. All my money goes into my DSi.

I've never bought a used game. The last new games I bought was Tiger Woods '10 two months ago, but I traded it in. 7 of my other 8 games were purchased when I bought the system in mid-March of this year. I purchased No More Heroes new a couple weeks later for $12.

NEW Super Mario Galaxy (preordered on: 8/31/07, received on: 11/20/07)
USED None (my purchasing records only started on 2008) -- I did trade a free $25 Best Buy gift card I had for No More Heroes

NEW Wii Sports Resort - $39.95 last week

USED N/A - Haven't ever "bought" a used Wii game, however I did goozex one the other day so I guess that counts?

NEW: Wii Sports Resort, day of release: ~$55 credit after tax, ~$12 equivalent cash
USED: Opoona, 2-3 weeks ago: ~$7 credit after tax, ~$1.5 equivalent cash

I hardly ever buy used disc-based games though. I've purchased maybe 4 used Wii games since I got the Wii in January 2007. As for games purchased new, however, I'm at a little over 50.

New - Excitebots ($20), sometime last month.
Used- MLB Power Pros 2008 (600 points on Goozex), June 2009.

I haven't really bought many used games, considering how I haven't really bought many games in general.

New- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: $55 including tax (day of release)
Used- Link's Crossbow Training: $3 (about 10 months ago)

I bought Link's Crossbow Training only because it was so inexpensive. In fact, I have yet to play it.

I haven't bought Wii games in a while since I can rent them for free at my library, so most of my spending is for my dsi.

New-Super Smash Brothers Brawl $45 (day of release)
Used- None

Wii Sports Resort - Free, used a gift card won in a contest
The Conduit - $12, the rest was paid off from my remaining credit so I don't have to deal with GameStop again
Okami - $20

I purchase games when they drop to $20 to $30. I only trade in games when their are promotions to get additional credit.

New: New Play Control: Pikmin ($16)
Used: Zelda: Twilight Princess (I guess...March of 08'?)

It is very rare if I ever buy used to be honest. Pikmin I got off of eBay new for a low price, midnight bidding is awesome lol

Last game for Wii would have been three games, since they were all purchased at the same time and I don't remember which I put in the cart last :D would have been Excite Bots Trick Racing, Wario Land Shake It, Animal Crossing City Folk, all purchased new for $20 each.

I've never bought a used Wii game so, N/A :lol:

Bought two new Wii games this year - Mario Galaxy at Blockbuster for $25 and EA Sports Active (More of a wife want then anything else)

Used - Got Rayman Raving Rabids 2 (we already played the hell out of 1 even though we didn't own it) during a B2G1 Free at Gamestop.

Gonna pick up Madworld or House of the Dead dirt cheap in a few months hopefully.

New - Excitebots for $21 at GameStop last month
Used - Rygar Wii $33 at GameStop back in February

I actually buy most of my Wii games new and closer to release than I did Excitebots. You can look in my spending tab for that.

New: Klonoa for $30 and Link's Crossbow Training with the zapper for $25, on July 11th (same day I got the Wii.)

Used: Blast Works for $9.95 and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for $20.68 (Gamestop coupon+ edge card), on July 5th I believe... bought in advance knowing I'd be getting a Wii on the 11th.

That is the sum total of my Wii collection thus far.

New: Rayman Raving Rabbids: $13.49 on Saturday 8/15.
Used: Never.

I typically don't buy used unless finding the game new is near-impossible.

This is really interesting. It seems like a lot of people on here choose not to buy used Wii games, or at least buy them infrequently. If I can't find it new, or if the deal is too good to pass up, I'll go for it. Otherwise, I don't mind paying extra for the best possible condition.

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

'Cube Daddy;6192649]This is really interesting. It seems like a lot of people on here choose not to buy used Wii games said:
I think that's because the used prices on good Wii (i.e. Nintendo) games retain their value for a long period of time. Might as well buy new over a high priced used copy. On the flipside, used prices on 360 games drop pretty quick so I don't mind grabbing a cheap used game every once in a while.

[quote name='Corvin']I think that's because the used prices on good Wii (i.e. Nintendo) games retain their value for a long period of time. Might as well buy new over a high priced used copy. On the flipside, used prices on 360 games drop pretty quick so I don't mind grabbing a cheap used game every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

Yep, there's barely ever any price drops on good first-party games. I have a feeling that up until the end of the Wii era, TP will still be $50 new.

New: Madworld for $20 at Gamestop a few weeks ago
Used: Links Crossbow Training with in the last year (I didn't want the zapper) only used game so far

New - Wii Music $20 (PM'd from GS sale at BestBuy)
Used - Never

I have 65 retail/disc games for the Wii. I buy most 1st party games on or near release date but will wait on 3rd party games to drop unless the game seems extremely appealing to me or are in a limited release (see Samurai Shodown Anthology for both).

Typically, I try never to buy used games, instead just waiting for the 50-75% off price drop on new games. I have to be more selective now with purchases due to financial restrictions at home.

I've been gravitating toward buying new whenever possible as well, and also tend to wait for price drops. There's much less of a risk involved with new games in terms of overall condition, and a lot of the time (at least in my experience), there's not a drastic difference as far as price goes, so might as well buy new.

The only used games I've bought lately have been for 8+ year old systems.

Thanks to a CAGer and CAG in general, I picked up Madworld for the Wii for $15.

Looking at the release list for the rest of the year my only other interests are:

Metroid Prime Triology (Will get at Sub $20 a long time down the road or when I get the time to finish all of them)
New Super Mario Brothers Wii (looking like the must own for the rest of the year)
Rabbids Go Home (Looking more and more surprisingly like a good game.)

bread's done
Back