Survivor 12 - Panama: Exile Island Discussion Thread - Spoilers Likely

Shane...dude...you can't talk to Courtney (or any woman) like that...what do you expect? What a fuckin' sore loser. I said it from the start, those guys should've dealt with him in the beginning. He thinks he's so smart.

Poor Bruce...blocked bladder AND colon? Shiiiiiit. Wait, no pun intended.

Yeah, sucks about Bruce. Hope he's back for tribal next week. Good news...another week for Terry. He's the man!

Question: I'm trying to figure out when the finale's gonna be 'cause I'll be leaving the second week of May. Now I'm assuming things, so it looks like the first show, first week of May will be down to 4 survivors. Do they do one more regular Thursday show after that or do they do the Sunday 2-hour finale where they have the two tribals?

'Cause that would put it at Sunday May 7th for the finale and I can still catch that. Is that how they do it? Or do they do the 2-hour finale when it's the final three?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, sucks about Bruce. Hope he's back for tribal next week. Good news...another week for Terry. He's the man!

Question: I'm trying to figure out when the finale's gonna be 'cause I'll be leaving the second week of May. Now I'm assuming things, so it looks like the first show, first week of May will be down to 4 survivors. Do they do one more regular Thursday show after that or do they do the Sunday 2-hour finale where they have the two tribals?

'Cause that would put it at Sunday May 7th for the finale and I can still catch that. Is that how they do it? Or do they do the 2-hour finale when it's the final three?[/QUOTE]
According to several sites, the finale is scheduled for Sunday, May 14th.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']According to several sites, the finale is scheduled for Sunday, May 14th.[/quote]Damn it. I'll miss it.

I hope Terry continues to dominate.

I have it set to record on my tivo, as i'm watching something else next, so I won't be posting during the show.

I've lost some of my interest since I innadvertantly heard the rumored winner. Don't worry I won't mention the spoiler here.

I had heard there was a leak and didn't want to know the details when one of those entertainment shows slammed it right on the screen. Doh! That sucked. Could be wrong of course, but frankly I'd bet it's on the money.

[quote name='wubb']I've lost some of my interest since I innadvertantly heard the rumored winner. Don't worry I won't mention the spoiler here.

I had heard there was a leak and didn't want to know the details when one of those entertainment shows slammed it right on the screen. Doh! That sucked. Could be wrong of course, but frankly I'd bet it's on the money.[/quote]I'm gonna miss the finale anyway (if it's gonna be on May 17th), so just go ahead and PM me with the details you have. Don't leave anything out.

I know Terry's got no chance in the final 2, but damn it's great to see him win and win and win. Definitely the most dominant Survivor player to date.

Terry is the man, i though for sure he would try to make an alliance with shane on there little play-date witht heir loved ones.

it was really awesome for terry to pick shane to come with him so he could see his son too, that was pretty sweet

[quote name='Jaket']Terry is the man, i though for sure he would try to make an alliance with shane on there little play-date witht heir loved ones.

it was really awesome for terry to pick shane to come with him so he could see his son too, that was pretty sweet[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know Aras thought he was being cocky, but it really WAS the only decision for splitting up the spoils. Though, I wish Terry would've outed Danielle after the busted agreement with him for being a liar to put the "traitor" seed in everyone else's mind. He should've said, "I'm sending you to Exile Island with no family because you're a lying bitch...with humongous fake titties."

[quote name='wubb']The secret immunity idol. In order to play it at tribal council does the person need to have it in their possesion going in to the council, or can it be passed to them after the vote?

My gf and I have a disagreement on this and I'm wondering if anybody knows 'officially' or just what everyone thinks on this.[/QUOTE]

I was right! Last night, Danielle had to have the idol in her possesion going into the council, Terry wasn't allowed to pass it to her after the vote was tallied.

My prediction is that Terry will win the last immunity competition and probably lose to whoever he takes with him to the finals. Although it does seem like a few people on the jury really dislike Danielle based on their reactions last night. He takes Dani if she's still there based on their pact. Not sure who he'll take out of A or C... Maybe A because C is probably better liked and/or didn't really do much to make the finals as far as performing in competitions?

Below prediction is based on something I think they gave away in their montage at the end of last night's epi.

I think Cyrie wins the tie breaker based on her fire being much higher in the split-second clip they showed from the finale epi at the end.

[quote name='wubb']I was right! Last night, Danielle had to have the idol in her possesion going into the council, Terry wasn't allowed to pass it to her after the vote was tallied.

My prediction is that Terry will win the last immunity competition and probably lose to whoever he takes with him to the finals. Although it does seem like a few people on the jury really dislike Danielle based on their reactions last night. He takes Dani if she's still there based on their pact. Not sure who he'll take out of A or C... Maybe A because C is probably better liked and/or didn't really do much to make the finals as far as performing in competitions?

Below prediction is based on something I think they gave away in their montage at the end of last night's epi.

I think Cyrie wins the tie breaker based on her fire being much higher in the split-second clip they showed from the finale epi at the end.
[/QUOTE]
You know, they did the same thing in the other promos leading up to this past ep, where they showed a split second clip of Aras with the immunity idol.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You know, they did the same thing in the other promos leading up to this past ep, where they showed a split second clip of Aras with the immunity idol.[/QUOTE]

My gf and sister are champs at picking out that sort of thing. For The Amazing Race a season or two ago my sister noted that couple X (can't remember who) wouldn't be the last to arrive at the pitstop (or it would be a non-elimination round) that episode because the opener showed them doing some task that hadn't happened on the show yet. I tend to not want to know things like that for sure and said 'Keep that sort of Sherlock crap to yourself big-brain!'

Anyway, it will be MUCH more interesting if A or C win the final immunity - assuming they are both still there. Will they take Terry seeing him as the outsider and a ticket to the mill (which may backfire) or will they stay loyal and take their partner? Actually it might be just as interesting to see who Terry chooses...

Before the final vote:
Good for Shane...he called it like it was. I really never liked the dude, but damn he came straight up. Glad Danielle got her ticket pulled.
About the winner:
Well hell, if it couldn't be Terry, Aras isn't the worst choice, at least he made his presence felt in the challenges. Moreso than D-bags.
Speaking of, LOL at the Reunion show...
D-Bags couln't have won anyway!

I'm not sure if it's aired on the west coast so I'll still spoiler tag this.

Turns out the leaked winner based on heavy/lopsided betting at offshore gambling sites was wrong. Although my speculation was that someone leaked or otherwise found out D was definitely in the final 2 and decided betting on her to win with that knowledge made it a good money proposition. After all the contestants wouldn't know the ultimate winner until it was announced tonight, they'd just know the final 2.

[quote name='wubb']I'm not sure if it's aired on the west coast so I'll still spoiler tag this.

Turns out the leaked winner based on heavy/lopsided betting at offshore gambling sites was wrong. Although my speculation was that someone leaked or otherwise found out D was definitely in the final 2 and decided betting on her to win with that knowledge made it a good money proposition. After all the contestants wouldn't know the ultimate winner until it was announced tonight, they'd just know the final 2.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I figured...I didn't want to say anything, but the reveal of the final winner has been live and thus not prone to spoilage. Someone more versed in Survivor history can correct me, but I think Richard winning season 1 was leaked and they went to a live format after that.

That final challenge was a pretty big let down. Definitely favored a lighter competitor (which is fine I guess) but why didn't they do 2 challenges to get to a final 2 and then a final ultimate head to head showdown? Or at least a more involved final challenge. They had some really inspired challenges this season, very suprising the ultimate one was so UNinspired.

I was rooting against D after she broke her pact with Terry. Her excuse that she didn't expect to win and wouldn't have made the pact with Terry if she knew she'd be in that position was pathetic. Just come out and say, 'well I played you and now I'm going to screw you buddy, sorry.'

The interview by the jury was pretty ho-hum with no good vitriol. Nothing has topped Season 1 with Susan declaring she wouldn't spit on whoever that runner-up chick was if she was dying of thirst in the desert. (Or something to that effect.) I was hoping Shane would go looney tunes, but as you said he actually made the most sense out of any of them. Then he lost it when he decided his vote via pick-a-number. That's such cop out BS.

But overall it was a pretty good season.

Yeah, I saw Danielle coming with that from a mile away...she wouldn't take Terry's offer for the hidden immunity idol, then blamed him for not outright giving it to her anyway when she WOULDN'T agree to anything. I have no doubt she knew she was going to screw him all along.

Overall, it felt like a stripped down season. The challenges didn't seem as big, the rewards not as grand. I liked how Exile Island was used, and I'm glad to see it returning for Cook Islands.

I think my favorite season was still last year, starting off with that 11-mile hike to camp.

[quote name='wubb']Please tell me they are ditching the hidden idol? That twist sucked.[/QUOTE]
They didn't specificially mention the idol, but they did say Exile Island was returning.

bread's done
Back