Survivor 14: Fiji - Official Discussion Thread

Alex is a piece of shit. He's a complete hipocrite, but then he is a lawyer so he'll likely do anything for his own good. Mookie's a POS, too searching through Yau's bag. It was ridiculous watching them skip down the beach all giddy as to the thought of the mess they thought they'd cause.

So predictable. People really can't think ahead even one tribal council. Why wouldn't Boo and Stacy team up with Alex and Dreamz? Do they all really think they are in the clear when it goes down to 6?

I don't get why Alex went for Cassandra. If I were him, I'd have made a beeline for Boo the second they were back at camp. He knew Earl's on a power trip, and he'll never give up Yau.

Ugh, I liked Alex.

I hate little gay alliances, makes the game so boring.

I knew that all 6 of them were gonna vote out Alex, because thats how survivor is, it makes it seem like, "OH Shit it may be Yauman!" but then it isnt.. Clever editing...

I dont like any of them anymore. Probably want Dreamz or Casandra to win now.

I dont like Yauman or Earl or Stacey. Boo's alright... but hes obnoxious.

Ergh!

I want to see the next one!! This is probably the best Survivor sense a couple seasons.

Actually, I really like Yau. I love that everyone counted him out because of his age/size, and he's blown them away many, many times. He's also been the single most useful person around camp. And who knew he was an archery/blowdart wiz?

Dreamz, Boo, Cassandra, Stacy, all worthless. Earl, ok, but now that he's on his power trip, I see things headed south quickly for him.

Sure alex was trying to just stay in thegame another week.
But if cassandra,stacey,dreamz would just open their eyes they would see that keeping alex and voting out Youman AND his idol last week would of been the best move.

It just seems like the rest of the peopel are continuing to follow earl and do what he says.

At least mookie/alex had some thinking./strategies going on.

And boo? is he even playing?

Right before the last tribal, I asked myself, "What % do I give
Alex
being voted out?" I spoilered it just to be safe, I guess.

I said 95%....maybe more. I wished another thing, but I know, as many have said, that people don't think ahead.

Backs will be stabbed, better to stab immunity-holding backs as quickly as possible.

Of course, then another idol gets hidden somewhere.

And yes, seeing Stacy get hit in the face.....twice....with a huge chunk of meat was entertaining. I couldn't believe no one started laughing after that challenge. They all looked like they had just eaten cute little live baby seals or something.

P.S. What is TV show spoiler etiquette? Reveal nothing? Or did I do good? I just don't want to spoil anything, but it's impossible to talk about the show if you reveal nothing.

Hahahaha!!!! Yes!!!! Nicely played.

Cassandra needs to go. She's completely inept in challenges and adds nothing to the game, but a "Yes, sir." I don't think she can think for herself.

Spoilers for tonight's episode, avoid like the plague if you haven't seen it.

I have to think Yau Man gave the truck away more for charity than strategy, since that's a pretty last-resort strategy.

I'm glad to see he used the idol since I really like him. I'd like to see Earl give Yau the other idol for the next Tribal and he'll spring it on 'em in surprise.

I want Cassandra and/or Boo gone.

Great episode. Great, great episode.

This season is shaping up to be one of the best. Yauman is an EXPERT at reading people and the situation around him. If Stacy didn't open her dumb mouth he wouldn't have played the idol. What a move.

Lol, I liked Dreamz most. Now it is Yauman.

Yauman wiped that fackin smirk off of Stacies face. She's like, "AHH FACK!"

HEADSHOT!

I hope Yauman wins.

I have a very bad feeling that the controversial decision this season might be Dreamz winning immunity when it's down to the final four and not giving it to Yau-Man.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I have a very bad feeling that the controversial decision this season might be Dreamz winning immunity when it's down to the final four and not giving it to Yau-Man.[/quote]

He shouldn't give it to Yauman - he shouldn't even hesitate about it. It's Survivor and it's a million dollars. Do whatever you can to go further - try not to piss people off but sometimes you have to. If it's either keep your word and go home or break your word and stay it's a no-brainer.

The player with the best grasp of this ever was Sandra from a few years ago - anytime someone approached her and needed a vote she would agree - she always said "as long as it's not me who cares?" She also swore on her kids once and laughed about it later because really, what does it mean?

[quote name='javeryh']He shouldn't give it to Yauman - he shouldn't even hesitate about it. It's Survivor and it's a million dollars. Do whatever you can to go further - try not to piss people off but sometimes you have to. If it's either keep your word and go home or break your word and stay it's a no-brainer.

The player with the best grasp of this ever was Sandra from a few years ago - anytime someone approached her and needed a vote she would agree - she always said "as long as it's not me who cares?" She also swore on her kids once and laughed about it later because really, what does it mean?[/quote]

Yea... thats all fine and dandy..

But when you are the final 2. Good luck getting votes...

Forgot about that part didnt ya?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea... thats all fine and dandy..

Forgot about that part didnt ya?[/quote]There's always the thought that, "You outwitted him. You got the car and now you've got my vote."

[quote name='SteveMcQ']There's always the thought that, "You outwitted him. You got the car and now you've got my vote."[/QUOTE]
Then again, isn't the "car curse" still in effect? The person who wins the car never wins the million.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Final bump for Finale Night!

Anyone going to watch Pirate Island in a couple weeks?[/quote]

Can't wait!

Wazzat?

Wooo!!!! What a great season thus far!

(Pirate Island looks amusing. The pillaging of booty in All-Stars--primarily by Rupert--was great.)

Yau-man appears to be even more shrewd and ingenious than the other best like Brian and Yul. I can't believe he hasn't been voted off yet.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea... thats all fine and dandy..

Forgot about that part didnt ya?[/quote]

Not really. Dreamz made the right decision - it was either give it up and go home or keep it and stay. He HAD to do it. I mean, he shouldn't have taken the car in the first place but since he did he screwed himself because he had to break his word.

The final tribal council was awesome - I thought it was going to suck because I didn't think the final 3 other than Dreamz really did anything wrong all season but damn - Alex and Lisi really made asses out of themselves and then Boo pointing his finger and shouting something at Dreamz about being a good Christian and getting tempted by the devil was about a 19/10 on the unintentional comedy scale. Someone needs to mae a ytmnd out of that crazy speech. Classic.

If that sparkling wiggle Dreams win I will be pissed.

And if that NINJA Casandra wins I WILL be EVEN more pissed.

She did shit, she diddnt do SHIT she sucks. She loses EVERYTHING shes stupid and ugly. Shes just a stupid gorilla.

She bettetterr not win.

Has there been a less-deserving contestant get as far as Cassandra got? She added not a single thing to the show. Nothing. She was terrible.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Since it was a
9-0
vote, did they not
award the 2nd place prize
?[/quote]

Hmmm , wow interesting...

Probably not. I thought they stopped doing that.

THANK GOD FOR THE WINNER!

Casandra should have been killed...

[quote name='javeryh']Not really. Dreamz made the right decision - it was either give it up and go home or keep it and stay. He HAD to do it. I mean, he shouldn't have taken the car in the first place but since he did he screwed himself because he had to break his word.

The final tribal council was awesome - I thought it was going to suck because I didn't think the final 3 other than Dreamz really did anything wrong all season but damn - Alex and Lisi really made asses out of themselves and then Boo pointing his finger and shouting something at Dreamz about being a good Christian and getting tempted by the devil was about a 19/10 on the unintentional comedy scale. Someone needs to mae a ytmnd out of that crazy speech. Classic.[/quote]

I didnt even know what Lisi was saying... shes like a babbling Rosie O'donald.

And I was really shocked that Boo turned crazy christian... wtf got into him? Lol...

Ok, so according to Lisi, winning at Survivor requires. . . good shoes? What was she, born in Macy's?

Alex, gone to the bad place. And considering they were ready to sacrifice him the first chance they got, I was shocked Alex, Mookie, Edgardo were all still so venomous. But they had a couple weeks worth of crying into their beer with each other, so I guess it's not a shock.

I wish, just once, one of the shirttail hanger ons would say "you know what my strategy was? Stay under the radar. The big mouths get voted off first, then the whiners, then the leaders, then the fringe people, then the swing voters. My goal was to not stand out AT ALL just to acquiesce to the leader of the hour and get as far as I could without drawing attention to myself."

This is going to have finale spoilers, but if you are saving the finale on DVR you really shouldn't be reading this thread...

That was the best finale since the 1st season IMO. I really thought Dreamz was going to give up the necklace, but I can't blame him for not. Made things much more interesting. You had to figure Earl would win, but having both Dreamz and do-nothing in the final 3 meant there were going to be some fireworks at the final jury. I thought Dreamz might get a vote or two (maybe from Rocko since he was pretty straight with his answer) but if Cass received a vote it would have really surprised me.

IMO (and of course in hind sight absolutely) Yau made a big mistake by not going to Dreamz on the final day and saying something like "Look you won immunity and I don't think it's right to take it from you and then vote you right out of the game. Cass hasn't won much of anything, let's vote her out tonight and you can keep your word." The final jury would have given it to Yau IMO against any of the final 4. I know enough raised their hands for Yau when Jeff asked the question, but of course that doesn't truly mean anything. Obviously Yau mistakenly figured Dreamz would keep his word even though it meant his exit and be even more assured of the big win against Cass/Earl

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Since it was a
9-0
vote, did they not
award the 2nd place prize
?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they have detailed tie breakers laid out in the rules assuming it's not simply the same pay out for the two runners up. Or it could be a true tie so they split 2 and 3 money.

javery - You a fan of The Sports Guy's (Bill Simmons) column?

beg - I agree that Cass should have made that case. Even still I personally would give my vote to someone who made active plays and orchestrated their way to the end vs. someone who played the pawn role and just threw their vote behind the best players. A small part of me wondered if Cass was sand bagging the entire game, but her absolutely pathetic showing in the 2nd to last immunity (the big blindfolded maze thing) cemented it to me that she had been trying her best and just really does stink at most any sort of conceivable challenge.

If you don't wanna know any info about the final episode yet. Some conjencture:
I wonder what the rules were had there been a 3-3-3 tie. Obviously, even getting 3 votes for Cassandra would be quite a reach, but it makes me wonder. A twist I'd like to see next year would be to still have final three, but give the jury the opportunity to replace one of the three with a jury member at final tribal. I haven't really thought the logistics of it, I just hated that Yau-Man got ousted, while Cassandra stuck around for as long as she did. It really makes no sense, I know, depending on who's voted back in, but I just hated Cassandra getting as far as she did.

Maybe they'd have all 3 of them try to make fire right there on Dave's stage? :lol:

Personally I'd like to see them ditch the hidden idol next time. It's just too powerful.

I'd like to see them get rid of Exile Island. I thought that was a one-season thing the first time it was featured. I'm sick of it now.

[quote name='wubb']This is going to have finale spoilers, but if you are saving the finale on DVR you really shouldn't be reading this thread...

You had to figure Earl would win, but having both Dreamz and do-nothing in the final 3 meant there were going to be some fireworks at the final jury. I thought Dreamz might get a vote or two (maybe from Rocko since he was pretty straight with his answer) but if Cass received a vote it would have really surprised me.
IMO (and of course in hind sight absolutely) Yau made a big mistake by not going to Dreamz on the final day and saying something like "Look you won immunity and I don't think it's right to take it from you and then vote you right out of the game. Cass hasn't won much of anything, let's vote her out tonight and you can keep your word." The final jury would have given it to Yau IMO against any of the final 4. I know enough raised their hands for Yau when Jeff asked the question, but of course that doesn't truly mean anything. Obviously Yau mistakenly figured Dreamz would keep his word even though it meant his exit and be even more assured of the big win against Cass/Earl

A small part of me wondered if Cass was sand bagging the entire game, but her absolutely pathetic showing in the 2nd to last immunity (the big blindfolded maze thing) cemented it to me that she had been trying her best and just really does stink at most any sort of conceivable challenge.[/quote]

Yau-man would have won if he were in the Final 3. On the CBS website, if you ever caught the guest appearances on "Survivor Live" of the cast, you could tell they really respected Yau-man. My coworkers and I reviewed the whole season on Friday and made a chart of who on the jury would vote for who (It was a slow day :). It was going to be either Yau-man or Earl that won it all by a landslide, with Yau-man the likely candidate.

We didn't have anybody checked off on the jury as voting for Dreamz and we had 2 maybes for Cassandra. That's what really annoyed me last night about Dreamz - the fact that he actually thought he had a legit chance of winning the million if he were in the Final 3. It was apparent throughout the show that he was making enemies and no matter how much he denied it, Dreamz was really trying to get sympathy. He kept referring to his story and growing up homeless and blah blah blah in attempts to make ppl feel sorry for him. Any rational person who did that amount of backstabbing would realize that they had a slim to none chance of winning, kept their promise, and saved face. But Dreamz kept believing he had a shot. Either he was really stupid or he had some reason to believe ppl would vote for him. It's not hard to see that Dreamz was lying through his teeth about not wanting sympathy. Karma is a bitch, and it's going to catch up to him sooner or later.

Cass really did suck. She did well on some group challenges and won one of the individual mental reward challenges, but she really didn't do anything else and was aligned with the right people at the right time. Remember, she was the next to go from the old Moto and would have been voted off had they gone to Tribal council. Instead, the producers decided to split the teams up again. Also, when Dreamz turned on the 4 horsemen alliance, Alex was going to be voted off but played the HII. Had Dreamz not turned his back on the horsemen, the person with the next amount of votes was Cassandra. She got very lucky on many occasions. But, she was exposed at the final tribal council.

bread's done
Back