Survivor 17: Gabon - Official Discussion Thread

WhipSmartBanky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Per my biannual tradition, here's my discussion thread for Survivor 17: Gabon! Premieres tonight, Thursday, September 25, 2008.

I don't know much about this season so far, but I'm interested in seeing if they get back to basics after the All-Stars season.

Finally, in HD!! *insert Bruce Willis quote here*

Is the official CBS/Survivor season site up? [just checked, they got a 3 min sneak preview!!]

Why are there 3 guys in shirts and ties / or jackets? [where's the business meeting in Gabon!!?]

My money's on GC, cause that's short for GameCube! [nah, j/k! - though he might do well with his street cred]

[edit 1]

whoa....there's a pic of the first person voted off already: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/photos/photos.php?v=21209&s=11&p=1

Looks to be:
Corinne
there's your mistake > "self-described bitch" and "couldn't care less what people think of her" AOL "GoodBye!!"

And the first tribe to hit tribal council: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/photos/photos.php?v=21209&s=10&p=1

[edit 2]

Oh, this is great!! Ken the current international SSBM champion!!! http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/bio/ken_17/bio.php?season=17

Well, guess we'll root for him since he represents our demographics fairly well. maybe....

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good back-to-back episodes tonight. I'm a little disappointed that
Michelle
got kicked out so early, because I liked her honesty and thought she could've been a shrewd competitor as the game progressed.

I'm really rooting for the professional video gamer now. He reminds me a little too much of the new "computer hacker" character on Prison Break.

I like the old guy. Don't think he'll make it far if all those wannabe hipster metropolitan folks play Lord of the Flies, but that's who I'm rooting for.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I like the old guy. Don't think he'll make it far if all those wannabe hipster metropolitan folks play Lord of the Flies, but that's who I'm rooting for.[/QUOTE]
Dude with the bow-tie? Yeah, he's a trip, but it could go either way. If they don't cut him loose first chance they get, I think he might be around a while.

Seems like its gonna be a great season! I love the Exile Island twist of Comfort vs Clues. Love the setting of this one.

I'm surprised that black woman isnt so athletic.

So, my mom is watching it from the DVR and I usually tag along Survivor near the ending episodes. I was overhearing the people introducing themselves and I hear the guy who likes video games. I look, and this guy looks VERY familiar. Then I hear his name is Ken. WTF. KEN?! Wow. Like the one poster mentioned, he's very popular among the SSBM community. He's especially known for his Marth and hosting some Melee matches in Cali. So, when I saw him on Survivor.. all I could think was, "WTFFFF"

lol @ gamer guy going on and on about Michelle in an interview inter-spliced with footage of the two of them talking as her boob hangs out.

I thought he was like hardcore Rainbow Six type gaming champ. But Super Smash Bros? I was rooting for him but that's all over.

[quote name='lilboo']Where the fuck is Gabon?
...Did they really take Survivor into space or something?! :shock:[/QUOTE]
Africa.
[quote name='crunchb3rry']I thought he was like hardcore Rainbow Six type gaming champ. But Super Smash Bros? I was rooting for him but that's all over.[/QUOTE]
At least it's something.
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']lol @ gamer guy going on and on about Michelle in an interview inter-spliced with footage of the two of them talking as her boob hangs out.[/QUOTE]
That was awesome.
[quote name='shinryuu']So, my mom is watching it from the DVR and I usually tag along Survivor near the ending episodes. I was overhearing the people introducing themselves and I hear the guy who likes video games. I look, and this guy looks VERY familiar. Then I hear his name is Ken. WTF. KEN?! Wow. Like the one poster mentioned, he's very popular among the SSBM community. He's especially known for his Marth and hosting some Melee matches in Cali. So, when I saw him on Survivor.. all I could think was, "WTFFFF"[/QUOTE]
WTF indeed.

It's pretty funny that the lawyer couldn't find the immunity idol, and nobody believed him back at camp when he didn't, but the
pin-up model
goes, finds it first time out, and nobody blinks.

Not surprised to see
Paloma
gone already.
GC
needs to be dealt with next. I've never seen such a
quitter
before.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I can't belive theyfound it. That was really funny. Stupid move to tell though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, because then
Ace
was saying "
WE have it. It's OURS to use...
" like he had a hand in it.

Ace is going to be gone soon anyway. Sugar's secret will be safe unless Ace feels threatened by everyone else and sells her out.

I think that group of four are fools to believe they can use the old guy and cut him loose. He smarter than all of them combined. I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what they are doing. Especially when that one girl made it clear they were a core four and he was the fifth.

[quote name='shinryuu']I found it funny how they sent Ken to do the math.. cause he's asian. Haha, jk.[/QUOTE]
It worked...he beat the Physics teacher!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Ken needed that win. I think they were set to dump his ass for not being an asset.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of ass/asset...I think whatshername thought Jeff asked her if Jeff was an ass when she replied, "Yeah, he comes across kind of conceited" or some such. Jeff asked her if Ace was an asset...

:rofl:

Ace(hole) is going to get dumped. The one tribe should have done it this week since next is a tribe shuffle. They all should know by now when the show does team picking to choose tribes at the start, a shuffle comes sooner rather than later.

Wow, I thought Ace was an asshole but the more they show of Randy that more I'm actually starting to like Ace. Because Ace is an asshole in the spirit of the game while Randy is just a natural prick.

Good thing she's hiding the fact she won a gold medal. Otherwise they'd kick her ass out for sucking 10x more than she should be capable of.

I think Ken has a shot at going very far. All those alpha dogs are going to be too busy trying to take eachother down to worry about Ken.

Ya, if Ken had this, he'd be unstoppable:
hammer_a.jpg

Oh man, Randy got what he deserved. Sugar was freakin' hillarious failing at trying not to laugh. And Krystal sure didn't hold back, lol.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Oh man, Randy got what he deserved. Sugar was freakin' hillarious failing at trying not to laugh. And Krystal sure didn't hold back, lol.[/QUOTE]
Best.Episode.EVER

There hasn't been a tribal council that good in a long time.

I liked Corinne's shit-eating grin thinking Randy pulled a fast one on them and Suzy was gone. Then, for like the 3rd or 4th time in a row she gets pwned by a blindside against one of her allies.

Kenny is fucked. One grand scheme too many. You could tell he was PISSED when Corrine didn't use that fake idol. Now Matty knows someone in his group cast a vote against him and Krystal point Kenny out to Matty as the culprit licketysplit. He's gone next week if he doesn't win immunity.

It's game time now. I don't blame Kenny. I thought it was funny how he started talking to his sister about his plans. I don't think he's going to win, but I like how anxious he is in winning this game. Ultimately could be his downfall when the whole jury thing plays a role. Actually, you know its going to play a role.

When Sugar handed off her idol to Matty, Krystal probably shit a brick. Kenny looked like he was going to cry because his another needlessly complex plan didn't work out. If not for Bob keeping his word, Kenny would have been gone last night.

bread's done
Back