Survivor horror game for ps2

pinkkirby

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if someone can recommend good survivor horror games for ps2?

I know Resident evil, siren, kuon, fatal frames ... anything else you CAG would recommend?

Btw, is kuon any good?

[quote name='pinkkirby']I was wondering if someone can recommend good survivor horror games for ps2?

I know Resident evil, siren, kuon, fatal frames ... anything else you CAG would recommend?

Btw, is kuon any good?[/quote]

Silent Hill 2 through 4, of course. If you don't mind PSX graphics, I recommend playing the original Silent Hill, too. In my opinion, it's the best series to play in the dark.

[quote name='PHaLaNX GTR'][quote name='pinkkirby']I was wondering if someone can recommend good survivor horror games for ps2?

Btw, is kuon any good?[/quote]

Silent Hill 2 through 4, of course. If you don't mind PSX graphics, I recommend playing the original Silent Hill, too. In my opinion, it's the best series to play in the dark.[/quote]

Beat me to it you bastard, yea silent hill 2 to 4, I personally recommned 3. As for kuon I have no idea.

I would have loved to have played through the silent hill games, but not knowing what to do next and randomly trying stuff till something happened got kind of boring

Argh... crap I forgot to mention Sillent Hill. Yes I played the original on PS, SH2 on ps2, SH3 and SH4 I have them for computer.
... bought a 9800 pro for SH3 fog effect at the time...........................

I am a big fan of pre-rendered background type of adventure game, therefore I liked most of the suvivor horror game (even if some are in 3D).

Onimusha series is good, any game on ps2 that's similar to parasite eve??

And yes I have heard horrible review for siren... but the grahpic looks very attractive.......

Well, not much to choose from now. You always have Clock Tower 3, and future games like Haunting Ground to choose from. I hear The Suffering is supposed to be pretty good.

Personally, I've never played The Suffering, couldn't get into CT3, and think that Haunting Ground looks pretty good.

Clock Tower 3 is good if you like short and sweet kind of games that's not too deep in story or character development. The game also doesn't have a whole lot of replay value, but if you don't have time for a long game CT3 will be entertaining, as long as you are not expecting a sequel in the tradition of the earlier Clock Tower games.

Kuon is very spooky. It's basically RE1 style game mechanics and presentation with the look and feel of a Fatal Frame game. However, by the time you figure out the big secret the game's trying to hide, it doesn't become all that scary anymore.

Of the Silent Hill series, I recommend 1 and 2. 3 if you loved 1.

Siren has the worst graphics of all PS2 survival horror games I've seen. Gameplay is like MGS without all its fancy gadgets, except your character always acts like a slow 'tard instead of a nimble, special forces operative. Fighting back is rarely an option and you have to keep yourself hidden as much as possible, or instant death ensues.

-Silent Hill series is always a good horror experience(IMO this series has the best atmosphere).

-Fatal Frame 1&2 are my new favorites(the atmosphere is really good and the gameplay is the best of all the horror games out there) I highly recommend these.

-Siren isn't horrible but it's REALLY hard to get into. The learning curve is extremely high and the story starts off pretty slow. I almost quit for good early on but I made myself go back and play some more.... then I really got into it. The story gets much better later on and personally i love the graphical style of the gameJust don't be afraid to consult a FAQ if you get stuck, the puzzles in that game are completely off the wall more often than not. I recommend this if you pick it up for cheap somewhere.

-The Suffering has some really good atmosphere and the gameplay is good 3rd-person shooter stuff, it's just not as scary as the others. This is mainly due to the fact that the game throws too many waves of enemies at you and your main character never seems too concerned about all the crazy crap that's going on around him. I still recommend this game highly.

-Clock Tower 3, I would only recommend if you can get it for less than $20. The game has some interesting elements, but the gameplay may be too different from what you are used to(you spend most of your time running away from some killer chasing you around the level). The game looks nice graphics-wise but it's lacking in "scary atmosphere".... and the character designs for that bad guys and ghosts that chase you everywhere are fairly retarded. I ended up kinda enjoying it in the end... but at the same time i'm gld I only paid $15 for it.

-I haven't played Kuon yet, just picked it up at Fry's for $24.99 the other day. Hopfully it will be decent enough.

[quote name='ManChowder']-Silent Hill series is always a good horror experience(IMO this series has the best atmosphere).

-Fatal Frame 1&2 are my new favorites(the atmosphere is really good and the gameplay is the best of all the horror games out there) I highly recommend these.

-Siren isn't horrible but it's REALLY hard to get into. The learning curve is extremely high and the story starts off pretty slow. I almost quit for good early on but I made myself go back and play some more.... then I really got into it. The story gets much better later on and personally i love the graphical style of the gameJust don't be afraid to consult a FAQ if you get stuck, the puzzles in that game are completely off the wall more often than not. I recommend this if you pick it up for cheap somewhere.

-The Suffering has some really good atmosphere and the gameplay is good 3rd-person shooter stuff, it's just not as scary as the others. This is mainly due to the fact that the game throws too many waves of enemies at you and your main character never seems too concerned about all the crazy crap that's going on around him. I still recommend this game highly.

-Clock Tower 3, I would only recommend if you can get it for less than $20. The game has some interesting elements, but the gameplay may be too different from what you are used to(you spend most of your time running away from some killer chasing you around the level). The game looks nice graphics-wise but it's lacking in "scary atmosphere".... and the character designs for that bad guys and ghosts that chase you everywhere are fairly retarded. I ended up kinda enjoying it in the end... but at the same time i'm gld I only paid $15 for it.

-I haven't played Kuon yet, just picked it up at Fry's for $24.99 the other day. Hopfully it will be decent enough.[/quote]

I do have the suffering... it's alright, not bad.

Kuon only cost 24.99 at Fry's? Everywhere else sells it for 50

My suggestions would be:

--The Suffering
--Ghosthunter
--Cold Fear (although it has not come out yet but I read that it is pretty cool and intense)
--Silent Hill series

Although some are more intense than scary, they bleed from the same kill demons, monsters, and zombies vein.

And you can always wait till later this year or early next year for RE 4.

I personally liked Clock Tower 3.
here's a list ripped from Survival/Horror games for ...

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare Atari 31 Dec, 1969
Cold Fear Ubisoft 1 Mar, 2005
Echo Night: Beyond Agetec Inc. 27 Jul, 2004
Fatal Frame Tecmo 6 Mar, 2002
Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly Tecmo 20 Aug, 2003
Ghosthunter Namco 17 Aug, 2004
Glass Rose Capcom 26 Mar, 2004
Obscure Microids 31 Mar, 2005
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X Capcom 23 Aug, 2001
Resident Evil Outbreak Capcom 1 Apr, 2004
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 Capcom 15 Mar, 2005
RLH: Run Like Hell Interplay 27 Sep, 2002
Silent Hill 2 Konami 26 Sep, 2001
Silent Hill 3 Konami 6 Aug, 2003
Silent Hill 4: The Room Konami 7 Sep, 2004
Siren SCEA 20 Apr, 2004
The Thing Konami 21 Aug, 2002

... and some news George A. Romero Presents ...

[quote name='pinkkirby']

Kuon only cost 24.99 at Fry's? Everywhere else sells it for 50[/quote]

as far as I know Fry's is the only place that has it for less than $50. The reviews I read are kind of so-so.... so I figured $25 was a good price to grab it at

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']-Glass Rose Capcom 26 Mar, 2004

When did a game called Glass Rose come out by Capcom? I've never even heard of this one.[/quote]
I dont think it ever came to the US.

How bout RE$? Oh yeah that's for the Cube!
You should definitely try out the Silent Hill series as I found it to be a great series.

bread's done
Back