Sushi place rips off GameStop's logo

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
lol

http://www.gamevain.com/2010/10/gamestop-rip-off-sushistop-i-smell-a-lawsuit/

Sushi-Stop-GameStop-Rip-off-.png

I was over in Schaumburg, Illinois this past weekend and saw something similar to this. It was a restaurant that had the same exact logo as GameStop but I can't remember exactly what it was. I think it was "SandwichShop" or something like that. I also got fooled into thinking it was GameStop lol.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']I was over in Schaumburg, Illinois this past weekend and saw something similar to this. It was a restaurant that had the same exact logo as GameStop but I can't remember exactly what it was. I think it was "SandwichShop" or something like that. I also got fooled into thinking it was GameStop lol.[/QUOTE]

SmashBurger, most likely. They're popping up all over the NW burbs.

The first time I saw one I was all like "hey a new Gamesto- wait....what the hell?" :roll:

Ahh there you go! Hahah, I was way off. I didn't pay that much attention because I saw it out the corner of my eye. When I turned to look at it, I noticed it wasn't a GameStop at all.

[quote name='Gameboy415']SmashBurger, most likely. They're popping up all over the NW burbs.

The first time I saw one I was all like "hey a new Gamesto- wait....what the hell?" :roll:[/QUOTE]

Hey they can rip off whatever they want. The one in Texas I go to is the best burger place I ever been to.

Smashburger makes a damn tasty burger and the olive oil, rosemary, and garlic smashfries are awesome.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']SushiStop-Trade in your Big Mac for a $3 discount on a sushi plate. Wasabi sauce is extra.;)[/QUOTE]

HAHA...I love their used prices, too!

I actually have seen a number of stores over the years using the "Stop" format and font. I remember a print/copy store in Rockaway...

I'm severely disappointed by the lack of puns made in this thread.

Most of their fish have been gutted and are sold as new!

They always ask if there is any other sushi I'm interested in ordering after I place my order!

Their trade in values are terrible! I only get 30 cents for my used California Roll!

I can't stand their exclusives. My tamago sushi only comes with wasabi if I order it from here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen it a few times, they were former Winchell's Donut franchises that received a new owner and had the W flipped upside down, Mitchell's!!!!

[quote name='Squarehard']Do they give discounts on used sushi?[/QUOTE]

I know a few street corners where they do. >_

[quote name='Squarehard']Do they give discounts on used sushi?[/QUOTE]

Jesus Chriz-ist guys! Is this all we get!? Why is this thread being taken relatively seriously!?

PUNS NOW!

This reminds me of the damn hair salon chain Sport Clips that has a similar two name sign in Red and White:

images

Every time I'm out of town and trying to spot a new Gamestop by eye while driving, there will inevitably be one of these in a strip mall in the same area to throw me off. Now that I look at it, it looks like Sport Clips reversed the Red and White...how clever. :booty:

[quote name='AugustAPC']Jesus Chriz-ist guys! Is this all we get!? Why is this thread being taken relatively seriously!?

PUNS NOW![/QUOTE]

Looks like someone's got a lawsushi on their hands.

Anyone know that burger place by UNLV that does the same with the logo? I walked in when I was down in Vegas ready to buy a game on sale and was surprised to meet the smell of food.

[quote name='hereon']Anyone know that burger place by UNLV that does the same with the logo? I walked in when I was down in Vegas ready to buy a game on sale and was surprised to meet the smell of food.[/QUOTE]

Was it Smashburger? They have the same color & similar design in their sign that make you think it's Gamestop from far away.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Was it Smashburger? They have the same color & similar design in their sign that make you think it's Gamestop from far away.[/QUOTE]

Looks like that is the place. Oh SmashBurger no matter how many times I pass it, it always tricks me -_-

bread's done
Back