SW:Republic Commando (PO) $9.99 @ Hollywood Video - YMMV

DarkCovers

CAG Veteran
I work at the Lake Elsinore store in California. Today we had a bunch of video game pulls to PV and I scanned the sheet, which usually has nothing too great.

I did find that the pre-played price of SW:Republic Commando dropped down to $9.99, as soon as I seen that I grabbed our stores 3 copies and placed them in the back. I am going to buy one (or two) which leaves one open if anyone lives in the area I can hold it for you.

I am not sure this is the same for all hollywood video stores, but can any other employees check your system as well.

Can't beat that price for a newer game, especially when I get it for $8 with employee discount :)

I haven't been to HV in a while--I sent my wife over as I want this game and they told her they no longer sell used games!

You also need to edit your title to state YMMV because no one else seems to be able to get on this deal but you. If I were you, Dark Covers, I would buy all of them and take two and sell them here.

[quote name='tubtub']I went to one it was $41.99 used. The guy wouldn't scan it though.[/QUOTE]

Don't you just love such helpful employees. Not being willing to scan items sure must make it difficult to sell them.

Is this just Hollywood Video, with no Gamecrazy attached?

I've got about six of those stores here... perfect Gamerush credit, and I'll keep one for myself. Republic Commando was Xbox only, right?

[quote name='Roufuss']Is this just Hollywood Video, with no Gamecrazy attached?

I've got about six of those stores here... perfect Gamerush credit, and I'll keep one for myself. Republic Commando was Xbox only, right?[/QUOTE]

Xbox only, yes. I think it was for PC as well, though no other consoles.

St Louis area, Webster Gardens HV...no GameCrazy nearby. The game was in the with all the other used games - plus it qualifies for the buy 4 for $20 deal - too bad there wasn't anything else good!

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']everett, wa- swung by my hollywood video and they had one republic commando for 41.99[/QUOTE]

Was it a Hollywood with a GC or just a stand alone HW?

[quote name='shipwreck']Was it a Hollywood with a GC or just a stand alone HW?[/QUOTE]

This too and make sure they scan the price - they could have been too lazy to update the stickers.

Well, I just check in LA, and it came up $39.99 (Actually, they didn't scan, they just manually checked by computer).

What's the upc code on the one you bought for $9.99?

Portland, OR, went to a standalone Hollywood Video (there is a Hollywood Video with Gamecrazy a mile or so south), they had two copies of Republic Commando stickered at 9.99. I picked up one copy, and the only instruction manual on hand.

Only caveat is that is comes in Hollywood Video's custom game cases, and if you're a completist, that could be a problem for you. It was a problem for me for about five seconds when I realized I was getting a $50 brand-new game for 9.99 used in near-mint condition w/ manual.

Well, this definitely appears to be YMMV even in stand alone Hollywood's. I went and had them price check a used copy of it and it came up as $39.99. I thought that was kind of strange to have 3 different prices reported now. This was at the Mason, OH location.

Ya I guess the prices are different at all Hollywood Videos. Weird?

Yes, this is a Hollywood Video with no GameCrazy attached. When I look up the game in the computer, it shows up as $9.99. Maybe pricing is controlled by regions only or something, I don't know. Just know we got a sheet saying to change the price to that.

If it's controlled by regions, I'll definately check out the ones here in Florida tommorrow morning.

And what is this 4 for 20 deal hollywood video has?

Denver, CO. Found one for $12.99, it was marked and rang up for that price. No instructions, but got the clerk to pull the instructions from the display copy. Have to say, I hate the bizarre case and insert. Maybe I should have asked the guy to switch cases, but felt lucky to get the manual.

[quote name='Roufuss']If it's controlled by regions, I'll definately check out the ones here in Florida tommorrow morning.

And what is this 4 for 20 deal hollywood video has?[/QUOTE]

4 $9.99 (or less) games for $20

$19.99 in a Nashville Hollywood with no GC (Gallatin Rd., near the Great Escape). It came with instructions, but they weren't willing to give me the original case/art, I probably should have passed, but I bought it anyway (with credit from movie trades). They still had one when I left this evening.

[quote name='guessed']$19.99 in a Nashville Hollywood with no GC (Gallatin Rd., near the Great Escape). It came with instructions, but they weren't willing to give me the original case/art, I probably should have passed, but I bought it anyway (with credit from movie trades). They still had one when I left this evening.[/QUOTE]

Crap.

Good point on switching cases. I guess I will ask if we have anymore republic commando litho's in the back. If not, I will just wait until the game drops to the game vault and grab a couple from the displays we don't use anymore.

[quote name='Scorch']Lovely.. my hollywood video throws them next door to GameCrazy who prices them at around $41.99 or so..[/QUOTE]

mine too

[quote name='Scorch']Lovely.. my hollywood video throws them next door to GameCrazy who prices them at around $41.99 or so..[/QUOTE]

Same thing here at all of the nearest HVs. Really sucks.

SO I stopped in myself yesterday and sure enough my Hollywood video no longer sells used games.....
I wonder waht they do with them?

[quote name='marcx']SO I stopped in myself yesterday and sure enough my Hollywood video no longer sells used games.....
I wonder waht they do with them?[/QUOTE]
Probably send them to corporate, who then sends them to GameCrazy locations.

bread's done
Back