Sweet little accessory score.

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I went to gamestop tonight to speak with a friend of mine and what did I find? Some guy traded in a DQ8 Slime controller and RE4 Chainsaw LE controller (both totally mint). How much did they cost you ask? $7.99 each. That's $90 worth of goodness ($40 for slime, $50 for saw) for $16 and some change. Swish!

It's cool shit like that, that is never on Gamestop's website so you can't check store availablilty.

Man, what kind of doofus trades that stuff in for probably 2 bucks in credit anyways?

[quote name='Roufuss']Man, what kind of doofus trades that stuff in for probably 2 bucks in credit anyways?[/QUOTE]

Someone who has no clue as to the value of what they could get for them if they sold them elsewhere?

[quote name='Roufuss']It's cool shit like that, that is never on Gamestop's website so you can't check store availablilty.

Man, what kind of doofus trades that stuff in for probably 2 bucks in credit anyways?[/QUOTE]

Good point. I thought the same thing. Usually the type of person who would buy items like this, and keep them in such great ocndition with all the accessories/manulas, would know what he was getting. Oh well, that Blue Slime is badass.

Nice pick up,I hope you dont get hurt your hold that thing.I heard bad reviews saying the controller is very unconfortable.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's cool shit like that, that is never on Gamestop's website so you can't check store availablilty.

Man, what kind of doofus trades that stuff in for probably 2 bucks in credit anyways?[/QUOTE]

I ask that question all the time when I see people trade-in games or systems basically brand new for little or nothing. For example: I watched a lady whose daughter got a brand new Pokeman XD Gamecube for christmas didn't want it and traded it in for 20 bucks.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Someone who has no clue as to the value of what they could get for them if they sold them elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Yea but someone who bought a slime controller AND a chainsaw controller has to have some kind of grasp on gaming, and would know how much of a ripoff those stores are.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea but someone who bought a slime controller AND a chainsaw controller has to have some kind of grasp on gaming, and would know how much of a ripoff those stores are.[/QUOTE]

Well, according to my friend, this guy is a regular who does this stuff all the time. I just need to time things to see if I can score some more sweet stuff. The only problem I'm having is the damn Chainsaw display box is taking up too much space.

Reality's Fringe said:
Well, according to my friend, this guy is a regular who does this stuff all the time.

That's just insane.

I'm really curious as to how much trade in credit he got.. $2? Maybe $3? And he probably bought it for full price, so he screwed himself out of $37 on the slime controller.

It's an amazing deal for you OP, but even more amazing someone would do that to themselves.

Didn't want to make a new thread, but I'll just ask here.

Aprox. how much does a new slime / chainsaw controller(s?) sell on eBay?

I mean, I'm not sure if either is rare or not, and eBay is blocked on the comp I'm on (at school).

I know my EB has both controllers new.

[quote name='Chrono72090']Didn't want to make a new thread, but I'll just ask here.

Aprox. how much does a new slime / chainsaw controller(s?) sell on eBay?

I mean, I'm not sure if either is rare or not, and eBay is blocked on the comp I'm on (at school).

I know my EB has both controllers new.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I'd say about retail, maybe a little over. It seems to fluctuate, but it never really dips far below MSRP

[quote name='Strell']Nice RF. I wants one o 'dems Slime controllers.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty sexy. If it were a woman, I'd sexually disappoint it.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's just insane.

I'm really curious as to how much trade in credit he got.. $2? Maybe $3? And he probably bought it for full price, so he screwed himself out of $37 on the slime controller.

It's an amazing deal for you OP, but even more amazing someone would do that to themselves.[/QUOTE]

Many people just don't know the value of things and don't seem to care.

Bored with the lack of gaming deals lately, I've been buying used books on the cheap (Goodwill, library sales, etc) and trying to sell them on Amazon. I'd say I'm bringing in $50-75 per week from about $10 investment. Not a big deal but it is fun to try to turn .80 into $10

[quote name='schultzed']Many people just don't know the value of things and don't seem to care.

Bored with the lack of gaming deals lately, I've been buying used books on the cheap (Goodwill, library sales, etc) and trying to sell them on Amazon. I'd say I'm bringing in $50-75 per week from about $10 investment. Not a big deal but it is fun to try to turn .80 into $10[/QUOTE]

I'm convinced most of the stuff that ends up at GameStop (all the disc only games and cart only games) are totally stolen.

I know a lot of the GBA and DS stuff has to be hot.

bread's done
Back