Sweet Wal Mart

JJShady128

CAG Veteran
More great finds I got from the Wal Mart here that has pretty much everythign on clearance.
Amped 2: 3.50
Serious Sam (GC): 7.00
Mark of Kri: 4.00
Kirby Air Ride: 16.00
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: 10.00
Star Wars Rebel Strike: 7.00
Metroid Prime: 7.00
Spyro (GC): 5.00
Jak 2: 15.00
Fatal Frame (XBOX): 19.00
Project Gotham 2: 5.00
Links 2004: 12.00
Raw 2: 7.00
Unfortunately I didnt get them all but most I did pick up

I was gonna highlight a few to say those are ridiculous prices, but then I realized, hell they all are. I will definitely have to check this out tomorrow.

Dammit, there's no Walmart within like an hour of my house. It's a shame, Mario Golf for $10 would have been great.

Wow, those are some great deals. It's too bad Walmart clearance deals are on a store by store basis so most stores probably won't have those prices :(

Very definitely YMMV. Remember, I Work for Wal-Mart, in the electronics department. Most of our video games are marked as either non-replenishable or deleted, which means we won't get any more automatically, the suppliers will have to reorder manually, and they won't, generally.

However, I do know that the Home Office isn't letting -anyone- clearance anything out at the moment without their authorization, and beyond that, I've been told (at least at our store) that we're not allowed to clearance Video games.

Which sucks major things, IMO.

oh what?!?! Metroid Prime $7!?!?

I dont have any transportation access until wednesday (too busy w/ finals to take a break). I hope they still have stock

I know someone that works at Wal-Mart as well and I was there today.
The BS meter is pretty high atm. Department Managers can't do this without consent from home office. I guess theres going to be a fired department manager pretty soon.

alongx, I don't know how you get away with not having a Walmart within an hour. I have 5 within 15 minutes and I don't live in a very big city. Anyway, none of the 5 EVER have the deals on video games but I'll have to check tomorrow just in case, those prices would be too good to resist.

[quote name='Zarkon']However, I do know that the Home Office isn't letting -anyone- clearance anything out at the moment without their authorization, and beyond that, I've been told (at least at our store) that we're not allowed to clearance Video games. [/quote]

Guess that explains why everytime I walk in there there is an ever growing $19.82 videogame rack. It's going to take up the whole electronics section pretty soon. The Walmart's near me ALL need to clearance their videogames. A lot of those games will not sell at $20.

ummm, can you like, confirm these or get proof? mabey a recipt. because, right now, looking at those prices, i would say you are lying, or you work at wal-mart, and are still lying.....

This is definetely YMMV, they had them designated in a behind the case fashion. The electronics people have been dropping the price like mad all week. The case was full and now its mostly empty. This deal is in Northern Cali in a little place called Salinas.

I'm not sure I'd call Salinas NorCal... seems a little south to me. Hopefully they have these prices even farther up north in the East Bay Area.

Ok you may think I am lying, but that does not change the fact that I got games for ass cheap.
Manhunt for 24 on xbox.
Ratchet and Clank GC for 20
Ico 7
VF Evolution 5
Sphinx 7
Ghoulies 7
Freedom Fighters under 10
Metal Arms 7

Well, I pretty much have nothing to prove by lying to everyone. I'd show a receipt, but they all have only the skus as opposed to the actual game title on them.

I remember when I went to japan and they had pocari sweat everywhere. Such a bizarre name that i'll never forget it... tastes kinda like gatorade if i remember right.

[quote name='JJShady128']This is definetely YMMV, they had them designated in a behind the case fashion. The electronics people have been dropping the price like mad all week. The case was full and now its mostly empty. This deal is in Northern Cali in a little place called Salinas.[/quote]

Damn! I was just out that way too (I was in castroville eating at the central texan bbq, if you ever get a chance, go there it's awesome). Maybe the Sacramento stores will have some of these prices too.

If you are doubting, I certainly know its possible. At my local walmart I remember flipping out because they were clearancing gamecube systems at $80 (this was back when it was still going for $150). But definately YMMV

They were marked with big red tags. They really wanted to get rid of them. They had to. They spend like 2 times a week there marking down everything. Sometimes they miss some though and thats how I got Amped for 3.50. It was marked 7 before I took it up.

[quote name='JJShady128']You a college student out here or do you live in Salinas Pocari?[/quote]

Both.

my_haul_2.jpg

My_haul.jpg

My haul. But Ratchet and clank came up $10 not $20. RE Zero came up $7.00

[quote name='JJShady128']Do you go to CSUMB?[/quote]

Maybe in the fall.

I went today at about 7:45 PM. There was:
.Hack (3rd one I think) $10
Metroid Prime (couple left) $7.00
Rebel Strike (couple left) $7.00
Westlemania 18 and 19 $10 and $7 (respectively)
Wild arms 3 $7
PN 003 $14
Jet Set Radio Future (1 copy)$10
Some old sports games and some other games, nothing too memorable.

Not much left!

Well, thanks a ton for those pics, I don't think anyone can denie the sale at least happened at your walmart. Congrats on your find and I know it's YMMV, but I really hope there's some good things at mine, although I doubt it...

Yeah this is going to be extreme YMMV.

Wal-Mart has been badly in need of a CC/Target like clearance sale for sometime, but some of those prices are insane.

Unless we start seeing this elsewhere, I second the notion that a Dept Manager is about to get fired hard.

If Salinas got it, maybe Mountain View got it too. I gotta go to Gamestop anyways to sell off a couple of controllers, so I'll check...

[quote name='stocker08']well ratchet and clank didnt come out for GC, so i am not sure why you posted that......[/quote]

FYI he meant R&C: Going Commando (see, GC?) not GameCube. :lol:

yeah, you get some not-so-bright managers at wal-mart and they clearance things when they don't know what they are doing. at one wal-mart i know about, a manger clearanced a bunch of TI-85 calculators for $5 each! those things cost $100!

I don't think there is such a thing as a dumb dept. manager or the likes. I mean, even a child who has even touched a TI-85 knows it costs more than $5. Consumer products come and go, and some pay full price, some pay cleareanced price (I am not a breath of fire fan, and I didn't care a penny about BoF V until it was $7 at CC). Elastic and inelastic demand, coupled with supply and demand. Ever wonder why CC never publicly announces $5-10 games or even tag it? Why they lower a game to $7-10 bucks, but then right when word gets around the nation, everyone starts buying it up, they raise it right away to $12-15, in which the latecomers will still say "Hey, it's better than paying $20 for it! I'll take it!" Elastic/Inelastic demand. It's actually the opposite of being dumb, lazy, or unorganized. Remember, when you have a small consumer base to deal with (CAGers :p) you are more flexible in changing prices on a day-to-day basis.

Anyway, I'm in Minnesota and I'm going to go check out the new wal-mart on University ave. It's freaking huge! ANd it doesn't even have the "Super" on the logo. If it's not here, chances are, it hasn't hit midwest yet. Be back to report.

i'll check later today, but i doubt my store will have it. the cheapest they sell games for is usually $20, with only a few exceptions.

Just hit the local Wally World...apparently its a store thing not a corporate thing....talked to the electronics dept manager and he said that ocassionally they will clear out games that dont sell well...he recommeneded that i come back at the end of July or early August since that is when they will do there inventory and will probably clear out games again...

They did have a ton of strategy guides on clearance to 2 bucks each but were talkn about Medal of Honor Frontline and DMC 2...old stuff :cry:

bread's done
Back