Switch and games(will trade for One X)-Lightning port headphones and adapter-Nes Classic/controller

What can you tell me about the Samsung Evo 850 250 gig for $65? I'm posting this here, because others may have similar questions. I assume it's used, but for how long? Did you (or the primary user) ever experience any problems with it at all? Would you happen to know how much room is available after you format it?

I had a Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe (GREAT SSD for SATA II connections), and it advertised 240GB, but only had about 217GB useable (if I recall correctly). The way the drive manufacturers "do the math" is shady in my opinion, and always has been so they could advertise a larger number that's in line with the industry standard on the box. They use 1000MB=1GB instead of the 1024MB your OS (& everything else) equates to 1GB. Then, the OS has to reserve some of the space for it's use, so you always get less space than they advertise. I know Samsung 850 Evo's come in 256GB now, but I've only ever bought 240GB SSD's before the 512GB SSD's got cheap enough that I could recommend those to anyone that had me work on their computer. I just want to know how much room I'd have on it total.

Last, and I hope this doesn't fall under the "being picky" category to you, but it's really important to me. Could you see what model number this SSD is? I really want to know what memory components and the memory controller that it uses, but I can look all that up if I know the model number (which is different that 850 Evo. It's like MZ-75E250B/AM, and should be on the SSD itself).

I'm pretty sure I'd be interested in buying this for my friend, but he won't be available for about 1 week, so I can't talk to him about it. I want to make certain I can use it if he doesn't want or need it if I end up buying it before he gets in touch. Thanks for taking the time to read these questions, regardless. Take care, man.

It may have stuff on it, I bought it and other pcs stuff from a guy and all I did was hook it up to my pc to runs this software to check the drive health

fDvAUAW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back