Switch preorder questions... thread?

Hmmm ... those system kits make me think Mario and Zelda are coming out day 1.  Makes sense.  Now all Nintendo needs to do is pack the system with a game at $249.

Hmmm ... those system kits make me think Mario and Zelda are coming out day 1. Makes sense. Now all Nintendo needs to do is pack the system with a game at $249.
A new Mario game and not just a port or rehash of Mario 3D Land on day one would definitely generate some true hype. I just feel like if that were true we would have heard something about it by now, unless they've managed to shroud it in secrecy for this long, which would be pretty impressive.

A new Mario game and not just a port or rehash of Mario 3D Land on day one would definitely generate some true hype. I just feel like if that were true we would have heard something about it by now, unless they've managed to shroud it in secrecy for this long, which would be pretty impressive.
if i buy it day 1 it will flop.. last system i got day 1 was the vita :)

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYhttps://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/819305971772227585?ref_src=twsrc%5EtfwC/status/819305971772227585?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Guys, I've never been this anxious for a launch. I have like four plans lined up to get one of these and they're all going to fail.

Assuming y'all aren't able to snag a pre-order online, how early will YOU be camping outside of Gamestop?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I've never been this anxious for a launch. I have like four plans lined up to get one of these and they're all going to fail.

Assuming y'all aren't able to snag a pre-order online, how early will YOU be camping outside of Gamestop?
I will be but I'm really hoping I can just get it online. If it doesn't go up right after the presentation that means I will be pulling a all nighter looking for it to. If that doesn't happen then I will be going to GameStop around 7am. I really am not looking forward to staying up all night and standing in the cold for 3 hours. We have a small GameStop very low traffic so they get little stock not sure if 7 is even early enough. I am also worried if amazon waits to put it up till next morning closer to the treehouse event that I will be missing it as I will be out at GameStop. I don't get signal there on my phone. Never in my life have I been so frustrated just thinking about the pain in the ass this might be to get. If it was any other company i would be going to bed at my normal time skipping the presentation and ordering it in the morning. I may be excited but I'm only watching it live to get a preorder in.

I will be but I'm really hoping I can just get it online. If it doesn't go up right after the presentation that means I will be pulling a all nighter looking for it to. If that doesn't happen then I will be going to GameStop around 7am. I really am not looking forward to staying up all night and standing in the cold for 3 hours. We have a small GameStop very low traffic so they get little stock not sure if 7 is even early enough. I am also worried if amazon waits to put it up till next morning closer to the treehouse event that I will be missing it as I will be out at GameStop. I don't get signal there on my phone. Never in my life have I been so frustrated just thinking about the pain in the ass this might be to get. If it was any other company i would be going to bed at my normal time skipping the presentation and ordering it in the morning. I may be excited but I'm only watching it live to get a preorder in.
Yes because once the Switch is sold out, they'll never produce any more of them, amirite? Why are you getting so worked up about a product that will be produced in unlimited quantities in the future? Just sit back, chill out, and get one when you see one. No need to get yourself all worked up about it. Don't feed into the fake scarcity issue.

Well... St Louis is getting hit by an ice storm tonight, so I'm staying home. Hopefully I'll be quick enough to get one on Amazon.

Well... St Louis is getting hit by an ice storm tonight, so I'm staying home. Hopefully I'll be quick enough to get one on Amazon.
Yeah, it will be single digits in my neck of the woods... I will not be deterred!

Another update: Amazon UK has announced their pre-orders will go live on the 13th, so hopefully that confirms a couple of things for US as well!

GameStop now has the numbers in on how many systems they will be getting so for anyone on the east coast that wants to know before they close give them a call. Posters should be up at close listing the stock numbers. Depending on the number of skus though the amount in the configuration you want could be lower. Our store is getting 13 so I decided to go at 7:15.

They are available online now to preorder. If I were you guys I'd pre-order online and have that as backup in case you fail to get one on launch day. Even if shipping takes a few days, at least you'll get one. You can cancel it if you find one that morning. 

I did what JoshTX said. I stayed up till 3:15 am est when the amazon preorder went up and grabbed it. I just got back a hour ago from GameStop. Waited out there like a fool for 3 hours. Ordered and payed and we where the only ones there so far getting the system. I knew we had a low traffic store but it was important to me that I got it. Ended up getting the switch from GameStop, all the new Zelda amiibos from bestbuy along with Zelda switch and Zelda u on amazon. I love Zelda and wanted it on both my systems. I really wanted the collectors edition but I couldn't bring myself to pay that so I skipped it. Was going to get the pro controller but the price is high and I already spent a ton. Hope everyone got what they wanted.

Yes because once the Switch is sold out, they'll never produce any more of them, amirite? Why are you getting so worked up about a product that will be produced in unlimited quantities in the future? Just sit back, chill out, and get one when you see one. No need to get yourself all worked up about it. Don't feed into the fake scarcity issue.
I do understand that I get all worked up about Nintendo systems I just really love Nintendo I always have that's what I grew up with. I could have waited and just played Zelda on my Wii U I just personally was excited for the new system. Even as I was getting disappointed at the presentation last night it didn't sway me. I get where your coming from and I understand that most people do not feel like I do. They did really good with the stock I have to say this time around. If anyone who wants one cant get one at launch they have no excuse.

Got there yesterday at 7:30 in the morning feeling like an idiot for showing so early. Sit in car until i spot two people coming up to gamestop quickly get out see sign stating that they have 52 for preorder. I'm in good mood because i'm like damn so many? Wait until about 9 when people start lining up in droves and by the time i get inside theres like 30 on line and i'm number 3. See coworker all the way at end of line and feeling smug and relieved  i got there so early

Leave with preorder and being glad i got there as early as i did. Pretty sure they sold all of them out by end of day. So glad i got there so early O:). last time i got at 9 for the nes mini and there was already 15 on line and missed out 

bread's done
Back