Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag, Get $10 - Beat Halo 4, Get +$25 + Other Deals

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CardCapture

2012110118011975.jpg

AMEX/Xbox Sync Deals Must be done through Dashboard Ad:

• $10 STATEMENT CREDIT FOR ENROLLING!
  • $25 credit back for $50 spent at PacSun
  • $5 credit back for $10 spent at AMC Theaters

Complete Halo 4 Achievements and get rewards:

Look for the Halo/Amex ad on your dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my confirmation emails for $25 and $50/100 yesterday. Today I spent $200 at BB, and AmEx immediately emailed me:
Thank you for using your American Express Card at Best Buy. If your purchase qualifies for a $50.00 statement credit, the statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks.
More efficient than I expected. Looking forward to 10 + 25 + 50 = $85 credit in January.

In order to find the AmeXbox tile on your Xbox 360 to "load" the offers, go to the Games section of you Xbox 360. You need to actually "go" into the Games section, not just scroll over to it. I believe you select More Games on the left. Once you are "in" the Games section, you should see the tile for the AmeXbox promotion.

This is how I get to it each time to load more offers after syncing.

[quote name='Donut2922']Silver members should finish off the spartan ops achievement asap. The 3x points offer expires this Sunday. I'm hoping to use my triple points coupon on a $100 gift card purchase in time to earn an extra $5 RZ certificate.[/QUOTE]

Is that valid on gift card purchases?

[quote name='JaTaN']Promo is from Amex so BB wont know about it (Amex just looks for a $100+ BB charge in your card activity and gives you the credit) -- you'll get the full RZ points[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. What if you cancelled the initial purchase that sent the email, then did a replacement one? I'm assuming I'm good still?

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Ah, gotcha. What if you cancelled the initial purchase that sent the email, then did a replacement one? I'm assuming I'm good still?[/QUOTE]
If you return the initial purchase completely and then you buy something else separately then you may have to contact Amex if they take the credit back (one time use promo so I doubt the system will auto apply it again). If you're doing an even exchange then it shouldnt matter -- I think BB processes the return & the new item in a single transaction and it'll break even (I dont shop at BB, but I think thats how they do it)

If there's a chance that you may want to return an item or buy something else then you're better off just buying a $100 GC first and then using that on your purchase (if you return the item in the future then they'll just give the amount back on a GC)

I beat and finished the game on normal. But never got the completion achievement, which I believe then gets you the AMEX synch bonus payout. Has anyone else run into this issue of completing the campaign but not getting the achievement therefore no mula?

[quote name='Pauler']I beat and finished the game on normal. But never got the completion achievement, which I believe then gets you the AMEX synch bonus payout. Has anyone else run into this issue of completing the campaign but not getting the achievement therefore no mula?[/QUOTE]

Wake Up John is the achievement for completing the game

The Operation Completition achievement is for completing a spartan ops mission

Also, I believe you have to be connected to Live for it to count

What's been the turn around for those of you that got the Best Buy award? I know a good number of you reported getting it, but I'm curious how long it took from when you unlocked the "Operation Completion" achievement.

-Sean

[quote name='grifta67']What's been the turn around for those of you that got the Best Buy award? I know a good number of you reported getting it, but I'm curious how long it took from when you unlocked the "Operation Completion" achievement.

-Sean[/QUOTE]

I completed Operation Completion on Thursday, got the email on Tuesday.
I completed Wake Up, John on Saturday, got the email on Tuesday.

So I may be having the worst luck right now with this deal. I have had my AMEX for 8 years now. It was a Delta card with a yearly fee but I was tired of that so I switched to a no fee Blue Cash Card about 3 weeks ago. Nothing on my account had changed. Both the account # and CID # were the same. I sync my account and get the $10 already and just got the email for the $50 BBY deal yesterday. I already beat the game so I am waiting on the $25 credit. I used the card yesterday for $11 with no problems. Today I go to BBY to spend my $100 and the card gets declined. She tries 4 times and I watch her enter the CID # and it is what is on the card. Anyway, I walk out with nothing and call AMEX. Auto message tell me the CID # was entered incorrectly. I get to customer service and after a thorough body cavity search they check the CID # and sure enough she says it is invalid. The ONLY way to solve this is to close my current account and open a new one with a different account # and CID #. So now I am pretty sure I am screwed on getting at least the $50 from BBY and most likely the $25 from AMEX since the account number that is synced is now blocked. I had this new card for like 1 week.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I completed Operation Completion on Thursday, got the email on Tuesday.
I completed Wake Up, John on Saturday, got the email on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Still haven't gotten an email about the Wake Up, John achievement. I beat the game on Sunday and definitely got the achievement. I got the Operation Completion email last Saturday, and had gotten that achievement last Wednesday, so hopefully the email for Wake Up, John comes soon. Thanks for the info though, nice to know some people are already seeing the emails from Amex.

yeah I just got the email for Operation Completion $50 off $100 but no email for the Wake Up John $25 credit or will it just get posted on my account with no email confirmation?

[quote name='JaTaN']If you return the initial purchase completely and then you buy something else separately then you may have to contact Amex if they take the credit back (one time use promo so I doubt the system will auto apply it again). If you're doing an even exchange then it shouldnt matter -- I think BB processes the return & the new item in a single transaction and it'll break even (I dont shop at BB, but I think thats how they do it)

If there's a chance that you may want to return an item or buy something else then you're better off just buying a $100 GC first and then using that on your purchase (if you return the item in the future then they'll just give the amount back on a GC)[/QUOTE]

What happened was I bought an e-gift card, then saw it was through a third party processor. I called AMEX to see if it was a problem, and was told it probably wouldn't count. I then begged for the gift card people to cancel/return the e-gift, and they did. Two minutes after, I get the email showing that it apparently was a qualifying purchase.

They never applied the credit, and I bought a normal 100 dollar gift card to ship. That one went through fine. I'm just wondering if I need to call em again, because Amex CSRs really have no clue about the promotion, I've found...

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I may be having the worst luck right now with this deal. I have had my AMEX for 8 years now. It was a Delta card with a yearly fee but I was tired of that so I switched to a no fee Blue Cash Card about 3 weeks ago. Nothing on my account had changed. Both the account # and CID # were the same. I sync my account and get the $10 already and just got the email for the $50 BBY deal yesterday. I already beat the game so I am waiting on the $25 credit. I used the card yesterday for $11 with no problems. Today I go to BBY to spend my $100 and the card gets declined. She tries 4 times and I watch her enter the CID # and it is what is on the card. Anyway, I walk out with nothing and call AMEX. Auto message tell me the CID # was entered incorrectly. I get to customer service and after a thorough body cavity search they check the CID # and sure enough she says it is invalid. The ONLY way to solve this is to close my current account and open a new one with a different account # and CID #. So now I am pretty sure I am screwed on getting at least the $50 from BBY and most likely the $25 from AMEX since the account number that is synced is now blocked. I had this new card for like 1 week.[/QUOTE]

Well after my long rant I found this: (Should have looked before ranting)

If I receive a replacement Card, do I need to sync my new Card?

If your Card was issued by American Express: We will automatically update your replacement Card with your sync information. Any enrollments that are still available and not yet redeemed will be automatically transferred to your replacement Card. Contact Us with any questions.

If your Card was issued by a third-party bank licensed to issue American Express-branded cards: You will need to unsync your old Card and then sync your replacement Card to your Xbox account.

[quote name='mkivsuptt']Interesting. Still haven't gotten an email about the Wake Up, John achievement. I beat the game on Sunday and definitely got the achievement. I got the Operation Completion email last Saturday, and had gotten that achievement last Wednesday, so hopefully the email for Wake Up, John comes soon. Thanks for the info though, nice to know some people are already seeing the emails from Amex.[/QUOTE]

Same here, got the $50 Best Buy offer through email but haven't gotten an email for beating the game. I'm not sweating it though, I'm sure it will come soon.

[quote name='brafo96874']In order to find the AmeXbox tile on your Xbox 360 to "load" the offers, go to the Games section of you Xbox 360. You need to actually "go" into the Games section, not just scroll over to it. I believe you select More Games on the left. Once you are "in" the Games section, you should see the tile for the AmeXbox promotion.

This is how I get to it each time to load more offers after syncing.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your info. I have synced my card but forgot to claim the $10 offer. When I went the Amexbox promotion, it let me enter the access code. When I re-entered the code, the message was saying "we couldn't find your access code". When I tried to retrieve the code at amex website, it said my card is already synced. Do you know where to claim the offer after I synced my card. Much appreciated.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']What happened was I bought an e-gift card, then saw it was through a third party processor. I called AMEX to see if it was a problem, and was told it probably wouldn't count. I then begged for the gift card people to cancel/return the e-gift, and they did. Two minutes after, I get the email showing that it apparently was a qualifying purchase.

They never applied the credit, and I bought a normal 100 dollar gift card to ship. That one went through fine. I'm just wondering if I need to call em again, because Amex CSRs really have no clue about the promotion, I've found...[/QUOTE]
Wait a few days after your purchase is posted to your card then contact them here if the credit doesnt post: https://sync.americanexpress.com/XBox/CustomerService

I synched my card on 11/2 and saw the 10 statement credit shortly after. But, there must have been a glitch where it never fully registered my card with the xbox. I did the 2 achievements and did not get an email confirming. I then get an email on the 10th to remind my to synch me card with the code. I ignored it because I already did it on the 2nd. So, I come here are read people getting the email a day after they did the achievement. I go back and reenter the code and magically I get an email saying my xbox is not synched. So I try the $10 load again and it says I already loaded it (beause I did that on the 2nd). I call Amex and it was a waste of time so far. Just a heads up. I did the operation complete on 11/6 and Wake up John on 11/8. I get from Amex that you did not synch your card until 11/14. I said I resynched on the 14th and it was originally done on 11/2 and point them to the 10 statement credit. What a mess.

Oh also if this hasn't been mentioned yet spartan ops requires live gold. I didn't figure this out until I went the other day to play it on my gf's silver gamertag. Every copy came with a 14 day trial. I used a 48 hr code I got. Maybe someone will drop one in the thread in the free section here if you need one.

I plan on getting the spartan ops achievement with possibly 4 amex cards. I doubt I'll try and finish the campaign 4 times. I might try it a second time if its not too long.

[quote name='foreinter']Thanks for your info. I have synced my card but forgot to claim the $10 offer. When I went the Amexbox promotion, it let me enter the access code. When I re-entered the code, the message was saying "we couldn't find your access code". When I tried to retrieve the code at amex website, it said my card is already synced. Do you know where to claim the offer after I synced my card. Much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

After syncing your card, go to the the AmeXbox advertisement tile where you can scroll through the current offers and select the ones you want to "load to your card". For instance, within the AmeXbox tile, I can scroll to the PacSun offer, select the offer, then click on "Load to Card". Once an offer is "loaded to your card", if you meet the requirements you will get the offer. For futher example, if I had spent 50$ at PacSun I would have gotten a 25$ credit on my Amex statement within 8 weeks.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']I synched my card on 11/2 and saw the 10 statement credit shortly after. But, there must have been a glitch where it never fully registered my card with the xbox. I did the 2 achievements and did not get an email confirming. I then get an email on the 10th to remind my to synch me card with the code. I ignored it because I already did it on the 2nd. So, I come here are read people getting the email a day after they did the achievement. I go back and reenter the code and magically I get an email saying my xbox is not synched. So I try the $10 load again and it says I already loaded it (beause I did that on the 2nd). I call Amex and it was a waste of time so far. Just a heads up. I did the operation complete on 11/6 and Wake up John on 11/8. I get from Amex that you did not synch your card until 11/14. I said I resynched on the 14th and it was originally done on 11/2 and point them to the 10 statement credit. What a mess.[/QUOTE]

So if you didn't sync your card until after getting the achievements, you don't get the bonuses?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Oh also if this hasn't been mentioned yet spartan ops requires live gold. I didn't figure this out until I went the other day to play it on my gf's silver gamertag. Every copy came with a 14 day trial. I used a 48 hr code I got. Maybe someone will drop one in the thread in the free section here if you need one.

I plan on getting the spartan ops achievement with possibly 4 amex cards. I doubt I'll try and finish the campaign 4 times. I might try it a second time if its not too long.[/QUOTE]
Really. You are trying to scam Amex and you can not spend a few bucks for live. Wow.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']So if you didn't sync your card until after getting the achievements, you don't get the bonuses?[/QUOTE]
So far I have not received an email even after resynching. Also, as I mentioned, they are kind of cluless on the Amex customer service side. "We need 48 hours to look into this issue." Still no call backs and it has been 2 buisiness days.

The sad part is I did synch it before I got them too.

Just got my email notification 15 minutes ago from AMEX that i unlocked the Wake Up John achievement for $25. I beat it last Monday the 12th. Nothing yet for Spartan Ops which i finished on the 13th.

I'm really curious about the whole getting the achievement before syncing thing as well. I have an amex card coming in the mail in the next week and I also just bought Halo 4. I guess I'll try not to beat it before I get the card and I'll stay away from Spartan Ops.

[quote name='ctclements']I'm really curious about the whole getting the achievement before syncing thing as well. I have an amex card coming in the mail in the next week and I also just bought Halo 4. I guess I'll try not to beat it before I get the card and I'll stay away from Spartan Ops.[/QUOTE]

I would wait. They are manually updating my account because they now see that the first attempt to not link to my gamer tag. They admitted that it partially synced because of the $10 credit.

I made my $100 BB purchase today and got the confirmation email for the $50 credit immediately after. Smooth Sailing so far. Just gotta sit down and beat the game for the last $25.

I cannot imagine the offers will all me this good (I am sure this is the big hook they are using to get people signed up) but if they keep this up I will definitely buy some games early if they offer a RZ cert AND AMEX is offering something. Definitely a great promo.

[quote name='Kendro']Got my $25 email for beating the game![/QUOTE]
Woohoo! Same here!
Also got the "BB" email for Spartan Ops.

Now I just need BB to come thru with my WiiU preorder on Sunday and I'll be golden.

If you're tracking times, completed the campaign on Sunday, Spartan Ops on Monday. Both emails hit Friday. So 4-5 days

EDIT: should also say Thanks to the OP for posting.
Was gonna pass on Halo4, but picked it up solely for this promo.
Now to see when I'll trade the game in

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my Spartan Ops achievement unlocked email offer 20 minutes ago for the $50 Best Buy credit purchase. I got my in-game achievement last Tuesday.

Halo 4eva

[quote name='Kendro']Same here, got the $50 Best Buy offer through email but haven't gotten an email for beating the game. I'm not sweating it though, I'm sure it will come soon.[/QUOTE]

I actually got the email last night saying that I should see my $25 credit soon, so I bet you will get yours soon as well!

UPDATE:

I saw that you posted later that you got yours too, awesome!

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']So if you didn't sync your card until after getting the achievements, you don't get the bonuses?[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering this as well. I beat the game a few days ago but haven't syned an amex account. Wanted to know whether it would even work at this point? I want to get the $25 credit!

I sycned right as the OP posted this but never went into the app to load the $10 offer to my card. Did that earlier this week and just received the $10 credit to my account, thank you CAGs.

[quote name='deckerro']Anyone know if you can buy a $100 amazon GC at bestbuy.com? I couldn't find one.[/QUOTE]
You'll have to go to a local store and look for "Amazon Kindle" gift cards (they're like regular Amazon gift cards even though they say Kindle)

[quote name='JaTaN']You'll have to go to a local store and look for "Amazon Kindle" gift cards (they're like regular Amazon gift cards even though they say Kindle)[/QUOTE]

Good to know, will do this soon since I got the offer email.

I got the Operation Completion achievement last week. Do I have to activate the Best Buy offer somehow or just go spend at least $100?

[quote name='Sizu']I got the Operation Completion achievement last week. Do I have to activate the Best Buy offer somehow or just go spend at least $100?[/QUOTE]
Wait for promo activation email then spend

[quote name='JaTaN']Wait for promo activation email then spend[/QUOTE]

Has anyone received this? What does it look like?

Is it this?

Congratulations! You've unlocked an offer in Halo 4: Spend $100, Get $50 Back!
at Best Buy.

See offer details and terms at
http://amexbox.com/OfferTerms

To unlock additional exclusive content, offers and more, go to the
Browse Games tile in the Games section of the Xbox 360 dashboard
and click on the American Express digital experience tile.

See Program Terms at
https://sync.americanexpress.com/Partner/Terms

Nothing to click on, so it's ready?

[quote name='Sizu']Has anyone received this? What does it look like?

Is it this?

Nothing to click on, so it's ready?[/QUOTE]
As long as you got the email then the promo is activated for your card

Damn, I still don't have my email and I swear I finished it the thursday after halo 4 came out. I couldve used it today too on the wiiu.

I already got the $10 sync credit, which means I must have synched it to my xbox correctly.

Is there anyway to re-find the amex promo on the xbox dashboard?

bread's done
Back